The Gylfi thread.

2243 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SPECULATION - Gylfi on sale for £6m

by Ian Royal » 01 Jun 2012 17:31

RFCUK
Jobbo no.11 Absoloutly no idea on the creditably of this is but...........

ITK_Reading ‏@ITKAgentReading
Sigurdsson has gone on a one week holiday. He has agreed personal terms with two clubs.

Retweeted by Fridays Legacy!

Agreed terms with Liverpool & Swansea?

Perhaps a stipulation of Rodgers going to Liverpool was that the Liverpool would bid the exact same with Hoff, and offer the exact same to Sig and let him choose. Surely we wouldn't have had a bid accepted and personal terms agreed so quickly?

NH: Hi Hoffenheim. We'll match Swansea's offer for The Sig.
Hoffenheim: Yeah, ok Nick.
NH: Hi Gylfi. We'll match whatever Swansea have offered you, you shoudl come to us now Rodgers has gone. You don't want to get caught out with a new manager like at Hoffenheim again. Everyone loves you here and it'll be a great stepping board to going into a big club's first team.
Gylfi: Yeah, sounds good Nick. I'd take those terms. Let me think about which is my best option and I'll get back to you Wednesday.
NH: Oh, by the way. If you don't sign we'll send you a different bit of Simon Church in a small box each week. Starting with his right foot. It's not like he knows how to use it anyway!

Total time, 5 minutes tops.

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 01 Jun 2012 19:15

You can't even do transfers that quick on Football manager :wink:

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 01 Jun 2012 19:46

Ian Royal
RFCUK

Sigurdsson has gone on a one week holiday. He has agreed personal terms with two clubs.

Agreed terms with Liverpool & Swansea?

Perhaps a stipulation of Rodgers going to Liverpool was that the Liverpool would bid the exact same with Hoff, and offer the exact same to Sig and let him choose. Surely we wouldn't have had a bid accepted and personal terms agreed so quickly?

NH: Hi Hoffenheim. We'll match Swansea's offer for The Sig.
Hoffenheim: Yeah, ok Nick.
NH: Hi Gylfi. We'll match whatever Swansea have offered you, you shoudl come to us now Rodgers has gone. You don't want to get caught out with a new manager like at Hoffenheim again. Everyone loves you here and it'll be a great stepping board to going into a big club's first team.
Gylfi: Yeah, sounds good Nick. I'd take those terms. Let me think about which is my best option and I'll get back to you Wednesday.
NH: Oh, by the way. If you don't sign we'll send you a different bit of Simon Church in a small box each week. Starting with his right foot. It's not like he knows how to use it anyway!

Total time, 5 minutes tops.

I giggled reading that :) But we must remember NH is a god at wheeling and dealing

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 Jun 2012 20:05

I don't know the guy and can't vouch for him. I retweeted it from work having seen the bit about him going on holiday, but I didn't see the part about agreeing terms with 2 clubs. He hasn't agreed anything with Reading.

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 01 Jun 2012 20:08

Friday's Legacy

I don't know the guy and can't vouch for him. I retweeted it from work having seen the bit about him going on holiday, but I didn't see the part about agreeing terms with 2 clubs. He hasn't agreed anything with Reading.

What an idiot, that guy is! Do you know how long the holiday is?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 Jun 2012 20:11

TheWearing
Friday's Legacy

What an idiot, that guy is! Do you know how long the holiday is?

I might hear the odd thing here and there but I'm not his lover. Cheers.

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 01 Jun 2012 20:23

[quote="Friday's Legacy"][quote="TheWearing"][quote="Friday's Legacy"][quote="Jobbo no.11"]Absoloutly no idea on the creditably of this is but...........

I might hear the odd thing here and there but I'm not his lover. Cheers.

I thought you had a connection with Sigurdsson, a sort of love-love relationship!

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 01 Jun 2012 22:01

The bit about the holiday part is right. Gylfi will travel to the old US of A next week with international teammate Eggert Jonsson of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Apparently they will be hitting the courses mostly.

I have not been able to get a confirmation about the supposed Reading bid for Gylfi but I heard that the move to Swansea is very much still on.

Edit: Hoffenheim and Swansea have agreed the fee, Gylfi has agreed the contract proposal but has not signed on the dotted line. His medical is still to be done.

Hopefully the rumour about the Reading bid is true!

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 01 Jun 2012 22:10

IcelandicStokie The bit about the holiday part is right. Gylfi will travel to the old US of A next week with international teammate Eggert Jonsson of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Apparently they will be hitting the courses mostly.

I have not been able to get a confirmation about the supposed Reading bid for Gylfi but I heard that the move to Swansea is very much still on.

Edit: Hoffenheim and Swansea have agreed the fee, Gylfi has agreed the contract proposal but has not signed on the dotted line. His medical is still to be done.

Hopefully the rumour about the Reading bid is true!

Not good news!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 01 Jun 2012 22:39

It's what we knew already.

He agreed all that before Rodgers left Swansea.

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 01 Jun 2012 22:42

ZacNaloen It's what we knew already.

Yes I know but there are few who have said he has signed and only has the medical left which is not true.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 Jun 2012 22:45

IcelandicStokie

Yes I know but there are few who have said he has signed and only has the medical left which is not true.

Agreed. He has agreed terms but not signed, and the medical was either supposed to be yesterday or today, and neither happened. Swansea will be desperate to make the deal happen, and Gylfi would be foolish to turn them down without first seeing what other interest is out there.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Jun 2012 04:11

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is reportedly ready to make a bid to sign Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 24.

Gylfi to Reading up 1%

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jun 2012 07:15

Snowball Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is reportedly ready to make a bid to sign Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 24.

Gylfi to Reading up 1%

Where's the Gylfi signing Rougeometer ?

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 02 Jun 2012 07:27

...can't see Fellaini signing making any difference ..totally different player to Gylfi....

According to some press reports, Rodgers will have £60m to spend but also needs to have a clear out fringe players to manage wage bill....

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 02 Jun 2012 08:58

IcelandicStokie

Signing before having your medical kind of defeats the purpose, no ?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Jun 2012 09:32

This is dead in the water. Turn your attention to another thread, not long to wait now.

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 02 Jun 2012 10:10

He is going to still sign for Swansea.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jun 2012 10:11

TheWearing He is going to still sign for Swansea.

That may come to pass - but going on a weeks holiday when he was due to attend a medical doesn't seem to fall in with that theory

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 02 Jun 2012 10:27

Franchise FC
TheWearing He is going to still sign for Swansea.

That may come to pass - but going on a weeks holiday when he was due to attend a medical doesn't seem to fall in with that theory

Okay, I am told Liverpool are not interested in him..Going for "bigger names" like Felliani LOL. It really is a two horse race. Siggy will be back next week (5 day holiday)

2243 posts