Anne Williams - a plea in peace from one place to another

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Anne Williams - a plea in peace from one place to anothe

by melonhead » 06 Nov 2012 10:51

Einstein agogo The thing is , there are probably 100's of people waiting for inquests about the tragic death of a loved one.
I can't see why one person should be given preferencial treatment because they're in the media spotlight.
She has my sincere sympathies but I'm not favouring her over an unknown set of others.

could have just not signed it and moved quietly on tbf

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Nov 2012 11:02

Never heard of Anne Williams - can some give me a three bullet point precis please coz i aint clicking links and the o/p doesn't really explain what this is about.

M0J0

by M0J0 » 06 Nov 2012 11:13

Maguire Never heard of Anne Williams - can some give me a three bullet point precis please coz i aint clicking links and the o/p doesn't really explain what this is about.

Never seen the news, never heard of google, what shall i do, go to a football match!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Nov 2012 11:39

Maguire Never heard of Anne Williams - can some give me a three bullet point precis please coz i aint clicking links and the o/p doesn't really explain what this is about.

hillsboro victims mum
dying of cancer or summat
wanting to hear the inquest before she dies

Harinder_LFC

by Harinder_LFC » 06 Nov 2012 12:23

hi

thank you for your continued support. For those wondering why Anne Williams - she's dying of terminal cancer. This is the same woman who on 3 previous separate occassions has presented the same evidence to the Attorney General and got nowhere. Why should now be any different? The revelations from the Hillsborough Independent Panel changed everything. The culmination of a 23 year fight for the truth to be out there bore some fruition. It's not the end. It is very far from it

This appeal by no means serves to discredit or lower the importance of anyone else's fight... it is to help a mother who may just get her wish before she passes away.

Rush to oblivian

by Rush to oblivian » 06 Nov 2012 12:54

Signed.

eddiegrundy

by eddiegrundy » 06 Nov 2012 13:21

I've never signed on on-line petition in my life.......... but I'm certainly signing this one. Never was there a more deserving case.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 06 Nov 2012 21:35

Certainly:

You're a nob

(Signed btw)

Harinder_LFC

by Harinder_LFC » 09 Nov 2012 09:32

Unashamed bump

The European Court of Human Rights dealt a slap in the face around the time of the 20th anniversary, with the now-hauntingly apt phrase "out of time".

Will it help? This is what Anne had to say on the matter

Anne Williams ‏@annewilliams96
Your support is keeping me going Thank You, I never failed Our kevin the corrupt British legal system did, 3 Attorney Generals in the past.
Keep the petition going it will have to be debated if it reaches 100,000 thank you everyone for supporting me, JUSTICE FOR ALL

Again I can only thank the people on this forum for all the ongoing support and signing

Kindest regards
Harinder

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 09 Nov 2012 18:14

Signed. I hope the lady finds closure. Good luck to her.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 09 Nov 2012 19:17

Obviously i signed this some time ago. I didnt post a link on here for a couple of reasons. 1 i enjoy posting on hobnob and i dont want everything i post to be LFC or Hillsborough related. 2 I was very afraid of someone posting something on the lines of 96 wne, which happened in the justice thread and upsets me greatly to the point were i have to visit my GP.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Nov 2012 20:06

Signed.

Am I right in saying that Anne Williams' son was the poor lad who was taken to the temporary mortuary whilst still alive and no attempt was made at resuscitation?

Scandalous negligence.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 09 Nov 2012 20:16

From Despair To Where? Signed.

Am I right in saying that Anne Williams' son was the poor lad who was taken to the temporary mortuary whilst still alive and no attempt was made at resuscitation?

Scandalous negligence.

A female officer gave a witness statement that Anne's son passed away in her arms at 3.55pm after mouthing the word mum. Due to the fact that the coroner in the original inquest decided that everyone was either dead or was beyond help by 3.15 no evidence from after 3.15 was heard. This was because a massive amount of evidence after this time would have been hugely critical of the emergency services. The WPC was put under enormous pressure to change her statement but refused. She was accused of being a fantasist and that she wasnt even at the disaster. Anne has campaigned for over 2 decades for a new inquest for her son Kevin and for the original verdict of accidental death to be quashed.

Harinder_LFC

by Harinder_LFC » 19 Nov 2012 20:00

Under 7000 to go.

Any signatures to date duly appreciated. One last push and we've given this mum the inquest she so duly deserves before she dies.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 19 Nov 2012 20:23

One less to go.

Signed.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 19 Nov 2012 22:30

leicsRoyal One less to go.

Signed.

Good man LR. nearly 96000 signed now/

daswonder

by daswonder » 19 Nov 2012 23:15

As posted on twitter - Iain Macintosh ‏@iainmacintosh

http://bit.ly/X0AnPG - More than 100,000 of you call yourselves Liverpool fans, FEWER than 100,000 of you have signed this. Sort it.

There has to be at least 100,000 English/UK based Liverpool fans who have linked to the internet and various social media outlets so I am rather surprised this still hasn't been completed yet, especially as I've seen this championed over Twitter by Liverpool Media representitives for weeks.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 20 Nov 2012 08:20

Signed

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Nov 2012 10:25

Signed, it's gone up by a few hundred in a couple of hours so it will defo make 100k today.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Nov 2012 19:44

Rumpole
Harinder_LFC Under 7000 to go.

Any signatures to date duly appreciated. One last push and we've given this mum the inquest she so duly deserves before she dies.

No you haven't. The new inquest was always going to be held, this petition is just about fasttracking it. Not about giving her an inquest. And this petition won't even necessarily fasttrack it.

100,000 signatures just means that a committee of backbench MPs has a look at the petition and decides whether or not it should be debated in the commons. At the moment they debate about 25% of the petitions that reach 100,000.

Even if it's debated, there's no guarantee about the result, and MP's CAN'T (shouldn't) VOTE ON WHEN AN INQUEST SHOULD BE HELD, AS THERE IS A SEPARATION OF POWERS BETWEEN THE LEGISLATURE AND THE JUDICIARY.

Bloody hell, 99,000 of you are utterly oxf*rd deluded if you think getting to 100,000 guarantees an early inquest. All 100,000 signatures means is that 100,000 people feel sorry for the mum. I'm one of them. This may well lead to an early inquest, in fact, I hope she does get an inquest - it will achieve oxf*rd all but at least she'll feel a little bit better while she waits for the sweet release of death - but to say this petition 'gives' her the inquest is just plain wrong.

I am, however, a little uneasy about political pressure being applied via mob rule onto the independent judiciary. But we shall see.

FWIW, I signed the bloody thing, despite knowing better.

Felt similarly and suspected that was the case... like you I still signed the thing as a show of solidarity.