Tom Rogic

397 posts
Sydneyroyal

Re: Negotiations ongoing - Tom Rogic

by Sydneyroyal » 16 Jan 2013 09:18

I watched him a few times for the Mariners this season and was amazed BM would even consider him. Yes, good feet, but physically week, untested against good opposition and when teams double teamed against him he was hopelessly lost.
Poor bloke, I can't see him coping with the physical side of Scottish Football but good luck to him anyway - he was clearly one of the better players here.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jan 2013 09:21

:lol: oh well.

edinburghroyal

by edinburghroyal » 16 Jan 2013 10:02

Tommy Smith?

Sydneyroyal

by Sydneyroyal » 16 Jan 2013 10:06

Added thought to my last post - BM would have done far better to look at Mariner's Pedj Bojic who is a far better right back than anything Reading have - fast, strong and confident.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 16 Jan 2013 11:20

Royalwaster
Barry the bird boggler
royaldownunder He's doing what anyone would do under the circumstances - he's a young kid with some big decisions to make being courted by a variety of clubs. Fair enough that he's checking them all out first. If anything he'll inevitably get a better contract offer out of it.

If he's already stated he's worried about playing for a relegation threatened team then there's no way he's joining QPR!
Who knows, after our last minute jailbreak performance over the weekend, he may have changed his mind… and if he does end up choosing RFC, I'm sure the fans will get over it soon enough! I just hope we have a backup player in mind, we really could do with some midfield creativity.

QPR are about to spend 8million on that Remy bloke who seems intent on turning down Newcastle. QPR also have a load of names in their squad and a name manager all of whom could well be attractive enough to a 21 year old from Australia.

Didn't 'arry say he wasn't going to spend any more money in January? He just can't help himself can he .... £70k per week!? Really hope they go down and do a Pompey ...

probably using offshore funds, lol

brewcity77

by brewcity77 » 16 Jan 2013 13:19

ZacNaloen Celtic may play in the champions league, but even championship level is better football than he'll be exposed to 90% of the time :lol:

Honestly, I think that was part of the point. Read an article about another Australian who thought Reading was a poor fit because of the physicality you encounter in a relegation battle and that if he did end up in the Championship it wouldn't let him show off his game. If all that is the case, the Prem in general probably isn't for him. Maybe better suited to end up in Holland.

CzechRoyal

by CzechRoyal » 16 Jan 2013 13:32

He'll be getting more out Celtic for an easier and less pysical game than in England. You can see why he made the choice he made

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 16 Jan 2013 13:57

Not really bothered about this. If he had much potential he'd be at a better club.

Royals Mad

by Royals Mad » 16 Jan 2013 16:01

*Removed*
Last edited by Royals Mad on 16 Jan 2013 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 16 Jan 2013 16:03

Another reason to h8 Australians.

NattMiles

by NattMiles » 16 Jan 2013 17:18

Maybe we should have a look at Marco Rojas then from the A-league then...

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 19:26

I'm not being funny but Celtic are a MUCH bigger club than Reading. No disrespect to Reading, but Celtic and Sevco are two of the biggest clubs in the world. I know the SPL is not in a very good place right now but joining a Champions league side with a worldwide fanbase is showing much more ambition than joining a team battling relegation in the EPL. The SPL isn't as shit as everyone says it is either, how many of the people who slate it so often have actually watched it? In my opinion some SPL games are of a much higher standard than some games towards the bottom of the EPL. And finally, hahaha, we got Tommy Rogic nananana! Cheers!

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 16 Jan 2013 19:28

Fukk off Rab C. Nesbitt.

cpmurph

by cpmurph » 16 Jan 2013 19:31

I'm a Celtic as well as a Reading fan (yes I'm allowed to do that). I'm not really bothered :P

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 19:32

southbank1871 Fukk off Rab C. Nesbitt.

Hahahaha, I'm from Moray actually, about 200 miles from Glasgow and I'm quite well off and don't have an alcohol problem :) But you know, I do look rather dapper in a string vest... Hail hail!

SapperBRoyal

by SapperBRoyal » 16 Jan 2013 19:33

celticbhoy17 I'm not being funny but Celtic are a MUCH bigger club than Reading. No disrespect to Reading, but Celtic and Sevco are two of the biggest clubs in the world. I know the SPL is not in a very good place right now but joining a Champions league side with a worldwide fanbase is showing much more ambition than joining a team battling relegation in the EPL. The SPL isn't as shit as everyone says it is either, how many of the people who slate it so often have actually watched it? In my opinion some SPL games are of a much higher standard than some games towards the bottom of the EPL. And finally, hahaha, we got Tommy Rogic nananana! Cheers!

Money and Champions League football (now your only viable rivals are playing in your fourth or fifth tier) are obviously what has swung the deal. Granted. SPL better standard than EPL? Jog on, clown.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 16 Jan 2013 19:34

celticbhoy17 I'm not being funny but Celtic are a MUCH bigger club than Reading. No disrespect to Reading, but Celtic and Sevco are two of the biggest clubs in the world. I know the SPL is not in a very good place right now but joining a Champions league side with a worldwide fanbase is showing much more ambition than joining a team battling relegation in the EPL. The SPL isn't as shit as everyone says it is either, how many of the people who slate it so often have actually watched it? In my opinion some SPL games are of a much higher standard than some games towards the bottom of the EPL. And finally, hahaha, we got Tommy Rogic nananana! Cheers!

You took time out of your life to come onto a Reading forum and post a load of shit! You sad bastard.
Last edited by Royal91 on 16 Jan 2013 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 16 Jan 2013 19:43

Royal91

You took time out off your life to come onto a Reading forum and post a load of shit! You sad bastard.

But Reading are in a much better league then you you tosser.The SPL is not as shit as yousay ,I agree,it's worse,a joke.

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 19:44

SapperBRoyal Money and Champions League football (now your only viable rivals are playing in your fourth or fifth tier) are obviously what has swung the deal. Granted. SPL better standard than EPL? Jog on, clown.

What I actually said was SOME SPL games this season that I've watched have been of a better standard than some games in the EPL. As in, when Inverness were 3-0 down to Dundee United within 8 minutes then clawed it back to 4-3, then conceded a last minute penalty and the game ended 4-4, that was a better game than a QPR - Spurs game I watched the other day. The SPL is obviously no where near as high a standard as the EPL simply because the finance is not there. Celtic and Zombie FC would be the 2nd and third biggest teams in the EPL if they were there, Aberdeen would be quite a big club also. I quite like watching Reading play, but you surely must admit that playing Celtic in the league is much more exciting than QPR, Sunderland or Stoke.

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 19:46

Royal91

You took time out off your life to come onto a Reading forum and post a load of shit! You sad bastard.

On our forum someone said reading fans seem pretty pissed off so I checked it out. Which of my statements were at all inaccurate? You cannot seriously think Reading are a bigger club than Celtic?

397 posts