'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Negotiations ongoing - Tom Rogic

by 'lista » 16 Jan 2013 21:18

celticbhoy17
'lista Bit mediocre actually chum.

And you might want to do something about that chip on your shoulder. :lol:

Are you serious? Being one of the top 16 clubs in europe is mediocre? You reading fans are more deluded than the brainwashed bunch at Sevco Scotland.

So you accept you've got a chip on your shoulder then? 8)

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 21:19

'lista
celticbhoy17
'lista Bit mediocre actually chum.

And you might want to do something about that chip on your shoulder. :lol:

Are you serious? Being one of the top 16 clubs in europe is mediocre? You reading fans are more deluded than the brainwashed bunch at Sevco Scotland.

I'm Scottish, ofcourse I've got a chip on my shoulder...

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 21:20

Just a bit of banter with the reading boys that's all, yous don't have as good smilies as talkceltic though...

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 16 Jan 2013 21:21

celticbhoy17
'lista
celticbhoy17 Are you serious? Being one of the top 16 clubs in europe is mediocre? You reading fans are more deluded than the brainwashed bunch at Sevco Scotland.

I'm Scottish, ofcourse I've got a chip on my shoulder...

:lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2013 23:21

celticbhoy17
SapperBRoyal Money and Champions League football (now your only viable rivals are playing in your fourth or fifth tier) are obviously what has swung the deal. Granted. SPL better standard than EPL? Jog on, clown.

What I actually said was SOME SPL games this season that I've watched have been of a better standard than some games in the EPL. As in, when Inverness were 3-0 down to Dundee United within 8 minutes then clawed it back to 4-3, then conceded a last minute penalty and the game ended 4-4, that was a better game than a QPR - Spurs game I watched the other day. The SPL is obviously no where near as high a standard as the EPL simply because the finance is not there. Celtic and Zombie FC would be the 2nd and third biggest teams in the EPL if they were there, Aberdeen would be quite a big club also. I quite like watching Reading play, but you surely must admit that playing Celtic in the league is much more exciting than QPR, Sunderland or Stoke.

You seem to misunderstand. Entertainment factor of individual games is not an indication of comparative quality of the league. A good indicator is that most SPL players can't cut it anything about PL relegation level.

SPL quality varies from maybe bottom end PL right down to about League One standard. Celtic are, of course, a bigger side than Reading. But that's not hard when they've only got one team to compete with. But the SPL is vastly inferior to the PL. You have to stand out as clearly superior to everyone else to get a big move out of the SPL and lets face reality, Celtic and the Scottish league are small fry compared to the likes of the PL, La Liga, Bundasliga etc which is where the money are real trophies are.

It's easier to get picked up by a bigger club and progress your career by going to a struggling PL club and performing well despite that. And the Championship is regularly dredged by PL teams. If Rogic was good enough, we'd be a better bet for his long term career than Celtic, but as he probably isn't, far better for him to go to Celtic, win nailed on pointless trophies, play comfortably in a piss poor league and have a European jolly each season.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 16 Jan 2013 23:28

Farking hell Ian you're a boring pcunt

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 16 Jan 2013 23:29

As Celtic have now agreed this transfer, will this finally move off the team board ?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Jan 2013 07:24

Just goes to demonstrate that the player himself didn't think he was good enough for the Premier League.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Jan 2013 09:43

Platypuss Just goes to demonstrate that the player himself didn't think he was good enough to start in the Premier League every week, yet.

Corrected for you.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Jan 2013 18:26

southbank1871
celticbhoy17
Royal91

You took time out off your life to come onto a Reading forum and post a load of shit! You sad bastard.

On our forum someone said reading fans seem pretty pissed off so I checked it out. Which of my statements were at all inaccurate? You cannot seriously think Reading are a bigger club than Celtic?

Celtic are obviously a far bigger club than Reading, with a much bigger fan base and you're pretty much guaranteed Champions League football every season. However, the general standard of football of the SPL is about equal to the Championship.

Seem to remember Noel saying at a fans forum when he first joined that the Championship was a better standard to play in than the SPL.

NTRoyal

Re: Tom Rogic

by NTRoyal » 17 Jan 2013 19:11

LOL @ him going to Celtic. Will be nice for his CV I guess, but the truth is we will be in a better league than them next year without any doubt.

And LOL @ you lot being wound up by the Celtic fan/troll.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 17 Jan 2013 19:17

Celtic and Rangers are of course massive clubs. Trouble is they are so big that not many other Scottish clubs can attract good followings because they all support one of the two Glasgow giants.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 17 Jan 2013 19:49

celticbhoy17 Being one of the top 16 clubs in europe

:lol:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Jan 2013 20:28

sandman
Seem to remember Noel saying at a fans forum when he first joined that the Championship was a better standard to play in than the SPL.

Wasn't he a 20 goal (or there abouts) a season striker at Dundee?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2013 20:58

ZacNaloen
sandman

Wasn't he a 20 goal (or there abouts) a season striker at Dundee?

18 in 44 & 10 in 31 (with two reds). 5 in 37, 3 in 28 & 2 in 15 for Dunfermline.

So he had one really good season.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Jan 2013 22:45

Platypuss Just goes to demonstrate that the player himself didn't think he was good enough for the Championship.

Corrected.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2013 22:52

(finally) in for the 20 paged

Celtic Player Thread

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 18 Jan 2013 09:49

I don't get what they mean by relegation dogfight, it's as if a team in the relegation zone has to play like Stoke whereas the reality is that every game for every team where ever they are in the league is a battle.

What they really mean is that there is a chance that their pay packet will get cut on relegation and aren't prepared to take that chance.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 18 Jan 2013 19:05

McDertmott says hes still interested in a quote on the Sunzu thread. back to ur&g

Redroyal

by Redroyal » 21 Jan 2013 17:15

Now signed for Celtic 4 year deal

397 posts