VAR

1821 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: VAR

by Franchise FC » 21 Dec 2021 12:39

South Coast Royal I think poor little Fraser has a problem-if the wind blows at over 5 mph or a player runs nearby creating a bit of a draft it causes him to fall over.

That may be the case. In this case, however, he was completely wiped out

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Dec 2021 15:00

South Coast Royal I think poor little Fraser has a problem-if the wind blows at over 5 mph or a player runs nearby creating a bit of a draft it causes him to fall over.

Tell me that there is more to it here than your dislike of Bournemouth, from where Fraser was signed?
Because the guy was totally clattered.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 21 Dec 2021 17:20

Sanguine

Tell me that there is more to it here than your dislike of Bournemouth, from where Fraser was signed?

No, I was talking in general terms-I didn't see the City game nor the incident-he is more of a diver than most IMHO and as a little 'un wins more free kicks than he should.

BTW re-Bournemouth I had a sizeable bet on them getting promoted this season (value for money odds) so, unlike quite a few on here, I am not presently anti-Bournemouth (for this season only :wink: )

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 21 Dec 2021 18:02

South Coast Royal
Sanguine

No, I was talking in general terms-I didn't see the City game nor the incident-he is more of a diver than most IMHO and as a little 'un wins more free kicks than he should.

BTW re-Bournemouth I had a sizeable bet on them getting promoted this season (value for money odds) so, unlike quite a few on here, I am not presently anti-Bournemouth (for this season only :wink: )

How did you calculate your odds to compare against the available odds to ascertain value?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 21 Dec 2021 19:45

BROB0T
South Coast Royal
Sanguine

How did you calculate your odds to compare against the available odds to ascertain value?

Gut instinct.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Dec 2021 21:58

According to David Moyes, West Ham have had two apologies from PGMOL for incorrect VAR decisions. :shock: :roll:

How can they get it so wrong ?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Dec 2021 08:52

Franchise FC According to David Moyes, West Ham have had two apologies from PGMOL for incorrect VAR decisions. :shock: :roll:

Add in the Fraser foul and no action on Kane, and VAR (or, PL referees' application of it) hit new depths this weekend.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Dec 2021 09:50

Sanguine
Franchise FC According to David Moyes, West Ham have had two apologies from PGMOL for incorrect VAR decisions. :shock: :roll:

Add in the Fraser foul and no action on Kane, and VAR (or, PL referees' application of it) hit new depths this weekend.

I’ve not heard definitively that they’ve apologised for those you mention, but they bloody should

Are they trying to discredit the system so that it’s ditched ?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Dec 2021 09:56

It's the lack of accountability that kills it. They might sit in their comfy little referees' meeting and say 'Tierney, that was a load of bollocks, wasn't it?' but that means little in the wider scheme of things. I suggested before that all VAR decisions should be subject to documentation (they probably already are) that is then made public, so that fans can after a match understand the decision-making process that the officials followed.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Dec 2021 09:58

Sanguine It's the lack of accountability that kills it. They might sit in their comfy little referees' meeting and say 'Tierney, that was a load of bollocks, wasn't it?' but that means little in the wider scheme of things. I suggested before that all VAR decisions should be subject to documentation (they probably already are) that is then made public, so that fans can after a match understand the decision-making process that the officials followed.

Just make the radio conversation audible to everyone (a la rugby).

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 22 Dec 2021 12:37

It really takes away from goal celebrations!

I'd be happy to bin it

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 22 Dec 2021 15:46

Sanguine It's the lack of accountability that kills it. They might sit in their comfy little referees' meeting and say 'Tierney, that was a load of bollocks, wasn't it?' but that means little in the wider scheme of things. I suggested before that all VAR decisions should be subject to documentation (they probably already are) that is then made public, so that fans can after a match understand the decision-making process that the officials followed.

This was in my presentation and they said no

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jan 2022 21:58

Find the notion of having VAR in some games and not in others crazy in the same competition. Can’t quite work out if Villa’s goal should have stood but the fact they spend a good 3/4 minutes looking at it says enough

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 10 Jan 2022 23:47

URZZZZ Find the notion of having VAR in some games and not in others crazy in the same competition. Can’t quite work out if Villa’s goal should have stood but the fact they spend a good 3/4 minutes looking at it says enough

It was offside but they gave a foul 4fs

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 11 Jan 2022 09:41

Wasn't overly convinced it was a foul. Cavani seemed to run straight into the defender rather than the defender stepping across to block him.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2022 11:14

6ft Kerplunk Wasn't overly convinced it was a foul. Cavani seemed to run straight into the defender rather than the defender stepping across to block him.

That’s the difficulty really, it’s a hard one to tell and could have gone either way

For me, the fact they spent so long looking at it means they should have just stuck with the referees original decision. But then maybe I just don’t understand how VAR should be operated

One thing which continues to frustrate is the delayed linesman’s flag. Not necessarily their fault as that’s what they’ve been told to do, but you’d think one day it’ll result in a really bad injury with Lindelof’s a warning sign yesterday. The Watkins goal wasn’t even close, it’s a really stupid rule

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 11 Jan 2022 11:16

6ft Kerplunk Wasn't overly convinced it was a foul. Cavani seemed to run straight into the defender rather than the defender stepping across to block him.

It looked offside to me rather than a foul. I'd be going mad if it was the other way around

Headed down after the cross, next player takes a touch putting Ings (iirc) offside for the final touch

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 11 Jan 2022 11:50

URZZZZ One thing which continues to frustrate is the delayed linesman’s flag. Not necessarily their fault as that’s what they’ve been told to do, but you’d think one day it’ll result in a really bad injury with Lindelof’s a warning sign yesterday. The Watkins goal wasn’t even close, it’s a really stupid rule

Wasn't van Dijk's knee injury after a delayed flag? Its utterly stupid when its clearly offside.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 11 Jan 2022 11:54

BROB0T

It looked offside to me rather than a foul. I'd be going mad if it was the other way around

Headed down after the cross, next player takes a touch putting Ings (iirc) offside for the final touch

I don't think it was clear that Watkins actually got a touch, that's why I thought the decision was taking so long. Ball didn't seem to deviate or spin differently as it went passed his studs. Both were onside from the header back across.

How come players have to change shirts if they get blood on it but Dalot didn't have to change the his blood soaked sock?

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 11 Jan 2022 12:15

6ft Kerplunk
BROB0T

I don't think it was clear that Watkins actually got a touch, that's why I thought the decision was taking so long. Ball didn't seem to deviate or spin differently as it went passed his studs. Both were onside from the header back across.

Yeah, that was my thinking as well in terms of how long it took.

Very soft foul

1821 posts