Weekend Football

6102 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Weekend Football

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Dec 2021 09:24

URZZZZ Getting a bit tired of the usual suspect managers complaining about fixture congestion. These poor footballers having to play two games in three days :roll:

Always the same ones too, Klopp in particular says the same things year after year. It’s the managers job to build a side strong enough to compete on all fronts. Get on with it and stop complaining

The way I read it, they like the notion of playing the "most competative league in the world" but actually, they'd quite like 12 piss easy fixtures a season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Dec 2021 11:28

From Despair To Where?
URZZZZ Getting a bit tired of the usual suspect managers complaining about fixture congestion. These poor footballers having to play two games in three days :roll:

Always the same ones too, Klopp in particular says the same things year after year. It’s the managers job to build a side strong enough to compete on all fronts. Get on with it and stop complaining

The way I read it, they like the notion of playing the "most competative league in the world" but actually, they'd quite like 12 piss easy fixtures a season.

It’s the way they come over and try and alter the English football culture which irks me. Klopp, Mourinho, Solskjaer and now Tuchel. Like life in general, nothing is perfectly set for you, you have to overcome challenges. We’re never getting a winter break so stop asking for one

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Dec 2021 12:22

I see things like christmas and easter fixtures as an interesting hurdle thrown in to see who can overcome the challenge. moaning about it is like a steeplechase runner asking to remove the water hurdle bit on the basis that it disrupts the flow of the race.

#anologiesarehard

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 23 Dec 2021 12:53

Next they'll be bringing in stuff like sports science, nutrionists and, god forbid, modern tactics.
I can see why anyone coming from a foreign league would look at our festive schedule and think it was absolute bobbins even if I personally wouldn't really want it to change.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Dec 2021 17:28

Ok put in a winter break, then play a couple of addition midweek fixtures, I’m sure that’ll be fine, or maybe they’ll then start moaning about that as well.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 23 Dec 2021 19:05

Hmm, Leeds with their very long injury list have now postponed their match with Liverpool due to having players out with covid. 48 hours ago they were making a big thing about all staff members having had the booster.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Dec 2021 18:55

3 wins and a draw from the last 6 games for Derby, which includes taking 7 points from the teams in 1st, 2nd & 4th. Currently 9th in the form table

They couldn't, could they.....

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2021 21:26

Klopp really has become a bitter, dislikeable person, shame as he was a real character when he first came over here. If you’re going to complain (again) about fixture congestion, don’t use Burnley as an example to support what you’re saying

The irony being of course, is that Liverpool could field an entire second XI (and some players for a third XI) and they’d still be significantly stronger than Burnley

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Dec 2021 21:37

URZZZZ Klopp really has become a bitter, dislikeable person, shame as he was a real character when he first came over here. If you’re going to complain (again) about fixture congestion, don’t use Burnley as an example to support what you’re saying

The irony being of course, is that Liverpool could field an entire second XI (and some players for a third XI) and they’d still be significantly stronger than Burnley

The real irony, of course, is that his game yesterday was postponed so the fixture crush has evaporated for him.
No more need to complain, but he still did it

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Dec 2021 22:04

I presume Utd chose to avoid winning at Newcastle

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2021 23:54

Franchise FC
URZZZZ Klopp really has become a bitter, dislikeable person, shame as he was a real character when he first came over here. If you’re going to complain (again) about fixture congestion, don’t use Burnley as an example to support what you’re saying

The real irony, of course, is that his game yesterday was postponed so the fixture crush has evaporated for him.
No more need to complain, but he still did it

He went on a weird tangent, went into the fixture list expecting Liverpool to be playing Burnley soon but nothing until February

How he has the audacity to complain is beyond me. Perhaps the reason Burnley don’t play internationals is because their players aren’t as strong as Liverpool? Has he thought of that?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2021 23:57

Franchise FC I presume Utd chose to avoid winning at Newcastle

I think more people are coming to the realisation that Rashford isn’t good enough, or at least as good as the potential he had when he first came onto the scene

How he gets 90 minutes each week with the depth United have in the squad is baffling. Slight one trick pony IMO, and whilst his goal scoring records overall are still fairly solid, he isn’t good enough to be such a mainstay in the United squad

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 28 Dec 2021 02:03

URZZZZ

I think more people are coming to the realisation that Rashford isn’t good enough, or at least as good as the potential he had when he first came onto the scene

How he gets 90 minutes each week with the depth United have in the squad is baffling. Slight one trick pony IMO, and whilst his goal scoring records overall are still fairly solid, he isn’t good enough to be such a mainstay in the United squad

Whilst I agree, he's the only out and out pace player

Absolutely nothing in midfield (McFred) to get the ball to the forward players until Fernades drop deeper

DeGea is already POTS

All the players were given a clean slate...

...they have shat on that slate!

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Dec 2021 10:21

BROB0T
URZZZZ

Absolutely nothing in midfield (McFred) to get the ball to the forward players until Fernades drop deeper

DeGea is already POTS

I don't think I have ever seen a Man Utd team pass the ball as badly and carelessly as they did in the first half-they even managed to make Newcastle with one good player look a decent side.
Still, they will probably buy, and buy and buy again until one day they can compete again with the big boys.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Dec 2021 10:34

URZZZZ
From Despair To Where?

It’s the way they come over and try and alter the English football culture which irks me. Klopp, Mourinho, Solskjaer and now Tuchel. Like life in general, nothing is perfectly set for you, you have to overcome challenges. We’re never getting a winter break so stop asking for one

I partly agree with you and partly with Kerplunk.

Our set-up is what it is and you have to accept that is how it is or do you?.

With the big squads that the top clubs have there should be no complaints about the number of fixtures-rotate the players and if need be maybe there should be a cap on the number of games any individual can play such as 32/38 league games per season.
It would be complicated and possibly favour the big money clubs who can afford to buy expensive squad players but they are already favoured through having more money to spend than the smaller ones.

One other solution could be to reduce the number of teams in the Premier League to say 16-we remember clearly the previous reduction :x so it can be done and the players that feature in Europe and International football might be fresher and in fact it might help the national team to actually win something.

Covid has clouded the issue but maybe it will lead to some change however I agree with URRZZZZ that the foreign managers should just shut up-they have made their point.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Dec 2021 11:36

Absolutely shocking performance by United last night. Something is fundamentally wrong at the club and it’s fantastic.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Dec 2021 11:38

paultheroyal Absolutely shocking performance by United last night. Something is fundamentally wrong at the club and it’s fantastic.

It's almost as if changing the manager hasn't changed the players

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 28 Dec 2021 15:08

URZZZZ

And martial doesn't get in the team :|

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 28 Dec 2021 21:56

South Coast Royal
BROB0T
URZZZZ

DeGea is already POTS

I don't think I have ever seen a Man Utd team pass the ball as badly and carelessly as they did in the first half-they even managed to make Newcastle with one good player look a decent side.
Still, they will probably buy, and buy and buy again until one day they can compete again with the big boys.

:lol: LOLFC

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Dec 2021 22:07

I feel that could be the end of the title hopes for Liverpool. With them losing Salah and Mane to the AFCON, they ideally had to be in a position where they were within one games distance from City and then capitalise at the end. Big ask from here and the way City are playing, they’ll almost need perfection from here. Do hope I’m wrong though, would be a huge disappointment to see a non existent title race once again given how close the three teams were in November

Chamberlain, like Rashford, is playing at too high a level. Nice guy, work off the pitch etc etc…but ultimately doesn’t deliver on the pitch and I’m astounded how he’s been at a “big” club for 10 years now with such little output

6102 posts