The generic transfer thread

10405 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Sanguine » 08 Apr 2022 11:19

Carvalho to Liverpool agreed for the summer, for £5m plus add-ons. Absolute steal, that.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Apr 2022 11:20

Sanguine Carvalho to Liverpool agreed for the summer, for £5m plus add-ons. Absolute steal, that.

Seems very low. :shock:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Apr 2022 11:23

Hendo
Sanguine Carvalho to Liverpool agreed for the summer, for £5m plus add-ons. Absolute steal, that.

Out of contract, innit. It's a fee in lieu of a tribunal, which would probably set something similar. I think Elliott was around the same, through the tribunal process.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Apr 2022 11:24

Sanguine
Hendo

Out of contract, innit. It's a fee in lieu of a tribunal, which would probably set something similar. I think Elliott was around the same, through the tribunal process.

Ah ok, that makes more sense.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 11 Apr 2022 20:09

A lot of media chatter that Barca are in talks with Lewandowski

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Apr 2022 08:01

Winston Biscuit A lot of media chatter that Barca are in talks with Lewandowski

They’re looking for someone to put money into the club - maybe his fortune is big enough …

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 19 Apr 2022 13:55

Haaland to City is a done dealio

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 19 Apr 2022 15:40

As before, wish players would get an imagination beyond money. He is joining arguably the best club in the world. Where's the challenge in that?

Weymouth Royal

by Weymouth Royal » 19 Apr 2022 15:59

Sanguine As before, wish players would get an imagination beyond money. He is joining arguably the best club in the world. Where's the challenge in that?

Because he wants to win trophies in the best league in the world? Why would he decide to join a Newcastle or a Tottenham instead just for 'the challenge'? :|

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 19 Apr 2022 16:06

I imagine going to a club your dad played for would also have a significant pull.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 19 Apr 2022 16:15

Weymouth Royal
Sanguine As before, wish players would get an imagination beyond money. He is joining arguably the best club in the world. Where's the challenge in that?

Because he wants to win trophies in the best league in the world? Why would he decide to join a Newcastle or a Tottenham instead just for 'the challenge'? :|

A valid viewpoint. But as I've posted before, am a bit of a football romantic. There are 'big' clubs not currently at their previous pinnacle like United and Milan who would immediately become contenders in signing such a player. Of course I understand the decision players make - for me though it comes down to whether a player wants to win trophies in big part by their own contribution, or is content to win trophies by dint of the club they happen to play for.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 May 2022 23:12

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 May 2022 07:34

Would be an amazing signing, if they were keeping Fernandinho.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 07 May 2022 21:14

Haaland and Pogba would be truly spectacular signings. I strongly suspect they will both happen. I keep expecting to hear that Guardiola has an interest in Olise but to be honest I do think a lot of completely misconceived, excitable nonsense when it comes to transfers.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 08 May 2022 01:39

Pogba on his day can be world-class but those days are few and far between

Not sure I buy the idea that it's down to other players not being good enough (which they aren't)

Gerrard played in mostly shit LFC teams but was a consistent performer as did Bryan Robson, Shearer etc

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 May 2022 11:44

I am genuinely perplexed by this comment.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 May 2022 11:46

Hendo Would be an amazing signing, if they were keeping Fernandinho.

Yeah they need someone who will sit in and not cross the halfway line if Pogba is in that midfield. If I were a City supporter I would worry about a midfield 3 of Pogba, De Bruyne and Gündoğan.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 May 2022 12:14

paultheroyal

I've elaborated on this a few times here. It's (more) money and prestige vs. footballing sentiment. The 'romantic' side of football that I yearn for, to an extent.

Rory McIlroy (okay, golf) summed it very well recently, when asked about the upcoming Saudi Golf League and its riches, saying that frankly he is vastly more wealthy now than he was ten years ago, but that he still eats in the same restaurants and still uses the same three rooms in his massive mansion - and so the Saudis can't turn his head.

Have a different view of what you'd like to see motivate players, sure, but you shouldn't be 'perplexed' by my comment, as I've explained it clearly enough.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 May 2022 12:20

Sanguine
paultheroyal

I've elaborated on this a few times here. It's (more) money and prestige vs. footballing sentiment. The 'romantic' side of football that I yearn for, to an extent.

Rory McIlroy (okay, golf) summed it very well recently, when asked about the upcoming Saudi Golf League and its riches, saying that frankly he is vastly more wealthy now than he was ten years ago, but that he still eats in the same restaurants and still uses the same three rooms in his massive mansion - and so the Saudis can't turn his head.

Have a different view of what you'd like to see motivate players, sure, but you shouldn't be 'perplexed' by my comment, as I've explained it clearly enough.

Unfortunately or fortunately i have not read all your posts. I am perplexed because surely if you are the worlds best you should be expected to join the worlds best. Messi and Ronaldo didn't win all their awards because they played for Osasuna or Getafe. If Erling joined someone like Newcastle he would be accused of chasing the money.

He has an opportunity to secure legend status and is starting out on his journey to be regarded as one of the worlds best strikers. He is more than likely going to achieve that with Foden and Kevin D B delivering balls into the box rather than Almiron or Murphy.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 May 2022 12:24

He already is one of the worlds best strikers. He doesn't need to prove anything.

10405 posts