The Non - League thread

10619 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Non - League thread

by Royals and Racers » 30 May 2022 19:23

National league play-off final next Sunday at the London stadium
Adult tickets will cost £40-£45( plus booking fee) !!!!!!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 May 2022 20:09

Royals and Racers National league play-off final next Sunday at the London stadium

That’s twice what Mrs F paid for her League 1 Playoff tickets

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 May 2022 08:57

Royals and Racers National league play-off final next Sunday at the London stadium

Adding in the travel for these 2 teams - ouch..

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 May 2022 10:00

Solihull warning that they have seen a larger than expected sale of concession tickets and warning people will be denied entry if trying to use the wrong type of ticket.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 May 2022 10:48

Real shame. I was half considering going down to this as I'd like to tick off the London Stadium and this would be the last live game for a while but not after seeing that. I wonder whose decision it was?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 31 May 2022 15:47

John Smith

Real shame. I was half considering going down to this as I'd like to tick off the London Stadium and this would be the last live game for a while but not after seeing that. I wonder whose decision it was?

I am going, it is not really that much for a good day out seeing football considering how much other activities cost

rugby is 80 minimum and nobody complains about that

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 May 2022 16:09

Issue i have is the location of the final. I understand you need to reach an agreement with one club to host and West Ham have got that gig but surely a more central England location would of been far better. A sold out 35,000 seater stadium would be better than less (because of location) and ratting around a 60,000 capacity stadium.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 May 2022 16:29

Loafer
John Smith

I am going, it is not really that much for a good day out seeing football considering how much other activities cost

I assume you’re talking about Twickenham and for internationals
I guess you realise that there may be a standard difference between the fifth tier of football and the cream of the rugby Premiership

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 May 2022 16:48

Loafer
John Smith

I certainly would be complaining about rugby no matter what the price!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 31 May 2022 16:49

Franchise FC
Loafer
John Smith Real shame. I was half considering going down to this as I'd like to tick off the London Stadium and this would be the last live game for a while but not after seeing that. I wonder whose decision it was?

I assume you’re talking about Twickenham and for internationals
I guess you realise that there may be a standard difference between the fifth tier of football and the cream of the rugby Premiership

It's also false

The tickets for the premiership final in a few weeks are £99 (Category 1), £72 (Cat 2), £59 (Cat 3), and £39 (Cat 4)

I did also think about going to the non-league final, but I'm more put off by the teams going than the price. That said, the most annoying thing about the price is that you also have to pay a 99p "digital delivery charge". You might as well change an additional 99p "digital printing and packing charge" is you are taking the piss like that.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jun 2022 15:37

Great game this. End to end. Grimsby should of had a clear penalty.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Jun 2022 15:41

paultheroyal Great game this. End to end. Grimsby should of had a clear penalty.

They should have had two

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Jun 2022 15:51

And the ref forgot that he had to blow for half time.
Even allowing for the goal celebrations, nearly four minutes of the one added :roll:

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 05 Jun 2022 17:58

...and the 'Mariners' return to the the League at the first time of asking 2-1 aet
...shame we won't see a new name in the FL

(good to see the Beeb keeping up their usual NL reporting standards and initially posting up the result the wrong way round! :roll: )

...will leave it a a good week or three for the ups downs and appeals to sort themselves out and then start filling up the thread again with my usual drivel as the 22/23 season approaches. :mrgreen:

... some league KO dates already announced as around 30/07 with the much re-layered FA CUP EP round set for the first w/e in Aug - seemingly no room for any STEP06 sides this season and lots more STEP04 clubs being drawn into the early preliminary rounds.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 Jun 2022 18:19

Got relatives in Grimsby so very happy for the Mariners.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 10 Jun 2022 16:06

Royals and Racers Situation is not looking good at Walton Casuals going forward- board have outlined the situation in a letter.

Gone !!!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Jun 2022 06:26

Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers Situation is not looking good at Walton Casuals going forward- board have outlined the situation in a letter.

Gone !!!

Club has been dissolved after failing to find a new owner or finance.

After the loss of Whyteleafe last season it looks like Bracknell will be playing in another league in which their division plays a club short. Still guess it means one less relegation spot in the Southern League Premier South next season. However London clubs beginning with “w” might start worrying if they find themselves sharing a season with Bracknell in 23/24.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Jun 2022 10:06

Mick Woodham back as Windsor manager.

Bloody great news. :D

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 13 Jun 2022 13:01

Sutekh

Club has been dissolved after failing to find a new owner or finance.

After the loss of Whyteleafe last season it looks like Bracknell will be playing in another league in which their division plays a club short. Still guess it means one less relegation spot .....

...not sure if confimred yet but early chat on NLM suggests Merthyr have been reprieved as have Cinderford in SL1S.

.... Would seem a bit harsh on Leatherhead who had a better PPG than the 'Martyrs' but I suspect the powers that be have invoked the little known 'involves far less b&ggering about' Restructuring clause :mrgreen: to avoid wholesale sideways moves between SL & IL - though oddly enough Leatherhead is not that far, geographically, from Walton.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 13 Jun 2022 17:57

Brennan Camp signs on a permanent deal for Eastleigh. Really surprised he wasn't picked up by a L1 or top L2 side.

10619 posts