'Mid block'
'Low block'

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Football Rel8d Gripes

by Green » 04 Jun 2024 16:58

WestYorksRoyal
Hendo
Green No drinks within sight of the pitch.

We've got to find a way past this - especially as the fan base gets more middle class.

Session ales only?

My gripe is with the fans who made them introduce the rule. Sadly at 95% of matches I go to, I see at least a handful of "fans" who provide ample evidence that they can't be trusted to drink in the stands.

Yeh I get that. But prohibition never works, treat people like neanderthals and they'll behave like them.

OK it's not going to work at every club and every fixture, but in the main you could relax the rules but have zero tolerance on people misbehaving.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 04 Jun 2024 16:59

Winston Biscuit 'Mid block'
'Low block'

'Smashed it into row Z'

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 04 Jun 2024 16:59

Hendo

We've got to find a way past this - especially as the fan base gets more middle class.

Session ales only?

That's not a bad shout, could also be tax advantageous though I doubt that saving would be passed on to the customer.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Jun 2024 17:04

Green
'Low block'

'Smashed it into row Z'

Row Z is only half way up the stand in many modern stadiums. Not much of a smash really

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jun 2024 05:41

Winston Biscuit
Green
'Low block'

'Smashed it into row Z'

Row Z is only half way up the stand in many modern stadiums. Not much of a smash really

Smashed it into DD then. :wink:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jun 2024 08:36

Green
WestYorksRoyal
Hendo
Session ales only?

My gripe is with the fans who made them introduce the rule. Sadly at 95% of matches I go to, I see at least a handful of "fans" who provide ample evidence that they can't be trusted to drink in the stands.

Yeh I get that. But prohibition never works, treat people like neanderthals and they'll behave like them.

OK it's not going to work at every club and every fixture, but in the main you could relax the rules but have zero tolerance on people misbehaving.

Maybe you start with a relaxation in the 2nd half, a person may return to their seat with 1 beer once the half time whistle has blown - may stop the mad rush you see at a lot of stadiums to join massive queues and would allow people to buy and return to their seats instead of crowding into the concourse.

Alcoholic drinks would go off sale from 15 mins before kick-off and return to sale an hour later.

Always found it strange that I used to be able to watch Reading on the Sat and not bring a beer to my seat but could come back 24 hours later to watch the rugby and could happily have a drink.

Naturally a culture thing, as rugby doesn't really have segregation etc - also in countries where you can have a beer at your seat during football there is much more of a culture of home and away fans sitting openly together.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jun 2024 09:20

Grassroots - tournament at weekend - my boys were brilliant - played amazing throughout - no goals conceded - we won the whole thing - but before the final - delayed, because complaints put in that my boys are overage. I have big lads, like some 6 footers at the age of 12, so it all got delayed whilst we go through the whole game system to verify them all before final could commence. One of the players a certain coach was targeting is actually one of my youngest who is still 12. :lol:

Even at grassroots level - there are so many bitter, twisted parents and coaches who will do anything to win or question others integrity etc.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Jun 2024 09:28

Green
Hendo

Session ales only?

That's not a bad shout, could also be tax advantageous though I doubt that saving would be passed on to the customer.

Yes, thinking something like Mr Chubbs or similar. Agree on your second point.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 05 Jun 2024 10:44

paultheroyal Grassroots - tournament at weekend - my boys were brilliant - played amazing throughout - no goals conceded - we won the whole thing - but before the final - delayed, because complaints put in that my boys are overage. I have big lads, like some 6 footers at the age of 12, so it all got delayed whilst we go through the whole game system to verify them all before final could commence. One of the players a certain coach was targeting is actually one of my youngest who is still 12. :lol:

Even at grassroots level - there are so many bitter, twisted parents and coaches who will do anything to win or question others integrity etc.

We had an U14 game last season in one of the less pleasant parts of Leeds. One of the opposition players got in a car and drove off at the end of the match. We couldn't decide whether he was definitely overage or just had no regard for the law.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jun 2024 11:08

6ft Kerplunk
paultheroyal Grassroots - tournament at weekend - my boys were brilliant - played amazing throughout - no goals conceded - we won the whole thing - but before the final - delayed, because complaints put in that my boys are overage. I have big lads, like some 6 footers at the age of 12, so it all got delayed whilst we go through the whole game system to verify them all before final could commence. One of the players a certain coach was targeting is actually one of my youngest who is still 12. :lol:

We had an U14 game last season in one of the less pleasant parts of Leeds. One of the opposition players got in a car and drove off at the end of the match. We couldn't decide whether he was definitely overage or just had no regard for the law.

:lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jun 2024 23:38

Forced "limbs". Footage of places erupting and beer flying everywhere for a 1st half goal in a group stage game we're expected to win comfortably :| Save it for an injury time winner in the KOs.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 17 Jun 2024 11:57

The performative element of so many "limbs" really takes any of the joy out of it for me.

Tumbling uncontrolled down a terrace > having AIDS > throwing pints around after a goal.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 17 Jun 2024 14:28

I dunno I quite like the big tournament excitement that only comes around once every two years.

And I would say putting any credence into "game we're expected to win comfortably" suggests perhaps you're new around here. It's not that there's no easy games at this level, it's just that there's none when England are involved.

Caveat that it's not going to be my pint getting thrown around though - especially not given beer prices these days.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jun 2024 16:13

Green I dunno I quite like the big tournament excitement that only comes around once every two years.

And I would say putting any credence into "game we're expected to win comfortably" suggests perhaps you're new around here. It's not that there's no easy games at this level, it's just that there's none when England are involved.

Caveat that it's not going to be my pint getting thrown around though - especially not given beer prices these days.

Didn't take you for a Boxpark shill, Greeners.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be throwing pints of Ozark IPA with the best of them in the final, but just can't see how anyone can be THAT excited about a goal against Serbia in the 15th minute of the opening game.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jun 2024 16:42

'Low block'

Low block seemed to be used a lot yesterday.

bakerlou

by bakerlou » 19 Jun 2024 08:08

paultheroyal Even at grassroots level - there are so many bitter, twisted parents and coaches who will do anything to win or question others integrity etc.

I get your point, but this issue isn't a recent one, and it isn't limited to football.