CheLOLsea

9611 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CheLOLsea

by Sutekh » 19 Aug 2024 10:11

Sanguine
Hendo So the clown show that is Chelsea has got off to a great start.

2-0 home defeat to City and Sterling has come out and wants clarity on his Chelsea future after being left out of the squad for the first game of the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c2dg5y8jrdno

Chelsea have 40 senior players - that is just insanity.

Tangent but Tosin's move there is utter madness. Goes from being one of the first names on Fulham's teamsheet to likely barely getting a start - indeed wouldn't be surprised if he too misses the matchday squad a few times. Bizarre choice for him at 26 and moving into his peak - and presumably still with aspirations to play international football.

What better way is there to rake it in while not being put at the risk of injury or getting stick from the terraces?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Aug 2024 11:41

Of course wages are important but it's really sad that the sport is quickly evolving into one where the income a player can accumulate is far more important to them than their actual playing career.

Maybe I'm too cynical but it seems to me that the number of players who are driven by the old mantra "I just want to play" diminishes every year. As is the age when the loss of that motivation kicks in.

The fact that agents become multi-millionaires on the back of all this is such a corrupting influence.

(I wonder which AL club will sign Sterling?)

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Aug 2024 11:43

You know what, for the LOLs I hope Chelsea keep doing what they are doing, but totally agree with Carragaher on MNF - 'players need to stop signing for Chelsea'.

The club currently in the process of spending £60m on Joao Felix, a player who flopped on loan only a year ago, so that Atletico can afford to buy Conor Gallagher, who was their best midfielder last season, so that Chelsea can manage their cash flow.

What a disastrous, and hilarious, mess.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2024 12:50

Sanguine You know what, for the LOLs I hope Chelsea keep doing what they are doing, but totally agree with Carragaher on MNF - 'players need to stop signing for Chelsea'.

The club currently in the process of spending £60m on Joao Felix, a player who flopped on loan only a year ago, so that Atletico can afford to buy Conor Gallagher, who was their best midfielder last season, so that Chelsea can manage their cash flow.

What a disastrous, and hilarious, mess.

And the PL don't see anything wrong with it :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Aug 2024 10:12

Chilwell told he can leave and both he and Stirling left out of squad to play Servette in the Conference League playoff on Thursday.

Harrison Delbridge

by Harrison Delbridge » 21 Aug 2024 16:37

And maresca said he doesn't want sterling anymore after yesterday saying he does :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Aug 2024 17:24

I would find it all a bit concerning if I was a chelsea fan. Even if they win the league I don't see how that sorts the finances out. A centre midfield pair costing £222M?!

First time I have ever had sympathy with Chelsea fans. Of any set of fans who know how forrin owners can come in and trash your club it's us.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Aug 2024 18:59

Winston Biscuit I would find it all a bit concerning if I was a chelsea fan. Even if they win the league I don't see how that sorts the finances out. A centre midfield pair costing £222M?!

First time I have ever had sympathy with Chelsea fans. Of any set of fans who know how forrin owners can come in and trash your club it's us.

Can't have to much sympathy. They've spent 20 years engaging in financial doping, we just had a financial dope.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Aug 2024 20:52

From Despair To Where?
Winston Biscuit I would find it all a bit concerning if I was a chelsea fan. Even if they win the league I don't see how that sorts the finances out. A centre midfield pair costing £222M?!

Can't have to much sympathy. They've spent 20 years engaging in financial doping, we just had a financial dope.

Longer than 20. Horrific club. When Russia invaded Ukraine their moron far right fans were firmly on the Russian/Abramovich side.

I only hope it gets so much worse for them. And Leeds. Cnuts.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Aug 2024 20:58

leon
From Despair To Where?

Longer than 20. Horrific club. When Russia invaded Ukraine their moron far right fans were firmly on the Russian/Abramovich side.

I only hope it gets so much worse for them. And Leeds. Cnuts.

Never used to hate Leeds. And then I moved to Yorkshire.......

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 22 Aug 2024 15:07

Chelsea making Fernandez captain singing a racist song in the summer tells you all you need to know about the club.

9611 posts