Brighton New Stadium / Siena Pg3

anR

Re: Brighton New Stadium / Siena Pg3

by anR » 09 Aug 2011 00:55

Gordons Cumming
Friday's Legacy one pretty awsome stand that wouldn't look out of place in any league in the world, but three very small stands to compensate. it also looks like it's been built inside a warehouse. looking forward to going there this season.

Those corners look a bit odd... :shock:

The corners as well as the East tier will be added in the close season, whatever happens, apparently.

Saying that, weren't we told we'd be playing in the largest one tiered stand stadium in the country at this stage though?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 24 Jun 2012 20:42

Brighton are in the middle of a 90 day stadium expansion. Corners being filled in. I think they were saying this will take them to about 30k? ST's over 22k or something already.

Impressive. I wonder if our East Stand will be done in 90 days. If so then in time for next season if we stay up!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Jun 2012 23:43

Impressive

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Jun 2012 09:51

Worst ground in the league in terms of accessibility though. Hope we never have to play there again.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 25 Jun 2012 12:29

The stands behind the goals belong in League One. The rest is Premier standard.

When the novelty wears off of their new ground, crowds will work their way down to around 18k. They still have a waiting list for ST's from all their years of playing in the park...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 25 Jun 2012 21:29

Barry the bird boggler Worst ground in the league in terms of accessibility though. Hope we never have to play there again.

Apart from the friendly coming up? :P

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Jun 2012 22:07

Cobi Impressive. I wonder if our East Stand will be done in 90 days. If so then in time for next season if we stay up!

Crucial difference being that their ground was built with expansion in mind - three of the four stands looked like temporary stands last season, amd the corners were always intended to be filled in.

Reading already have a complete stadium.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 26 Jun 2012 12:15

Maguire
Cobi Impressive. I wonder if our East Stand will be done in 90 days. If so then in time for next season if we stay up!

Crucial difference being that their ground was built with expansion in mind - three of the four stands looked like temporary stands last season, amd the corners were always intended to be filled in.

Not true, you just can't see the preparation we have for the new stands. It's all under your feat! We also planned ahead, as I'm sure many new grounds do now. (unless you're Oxford)

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 Jun 2012 21:04

Dare to Dr£am
Maguire

Not true, you just can't see the preparation we have for the new stands. It's all under your feat! We also planned ahead, as I'm sure many new grounds do now. (unless you're Oxford)

You know what I mean - I realise the MadStad can be extended but it's not the same as Brighton where they can just fill in the corners of the stadium. There's a reason it'll take 90 days!

Zaretsky

by Zaretsky » 27 Jun 2012 13:10

Wax Jacket
paultheroyal Not.sure.if.serious.

Could be the Withdean on a good day.

yeah the photos don't do it justice. it's got a fantastic setting in central Siena.

Agreed completely. The stadium itself is pretty ropey but charming in its own way (even the athletics track is coming up in places). It's already got that amphitheatre feeling about it as it's sunk down from the main centre of the city and overlooked by a big hotel and the church there (either San Domenico or San Francesco - it's the one with St Catherine's finger in it).

You can also just wander in (when there isn't a match on) and has a real sense of it being a community facility. I guess it would be a nightmare to redevelop though. Fack, I want to go to Siena.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 27 Jun 2012 13:43

Dare to Dr£am We also planned ahead, as I'm sure many new grounds do now. (unless you're Oxford)

Difficult to know exactly where Oxford would choose to expand to be honest.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 27 Jun 2012 13:50

Irvinchangeyaname
Dare to Dr£am We also planned ahead, as I'm sure many new grounds do now. (unless you're Oxford)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 27 Jun 2012 21:14

Maguire
You know what I mean - I realise the MadStad can be extended but it's not the same as Brighton where they can just fill in the corners of the stadium. There's a reason it'll take 90 days!

I know, but they have also added a second tier.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 27 Jun 2012 23:33

Irvinchangeyaname

Oh my! I never knew the Kassam only had 3 sides. Poor oxf*rd Oxford.