by Whore Jackie » 05 Sep 2008 09:26

So who's your money on?

Newcastle – Steve Bruce
West Ham – Slaven Bilić

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Keegan leaving Newcastle

by cmonurz » 05 Sep 2008 09:33

Quite how anyone can lay this at Keegan's door is beyond me.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 05 Sep 2008 09:50

Talks of a boycott of SJP - I'll believe it when I see it, but the "this is just another thing wrong with modern football" bandwagon seems to be rolling faster and faster, so it might just happen.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Sep 2008 10:11

Dirk Gently Talks of a boycott of SJP - I'll believe it when I see it.

Easy to say now that everyone has seen the Sex and the CIty movie.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 05 Sep 2008 10:14

Can anyone explain to me how Dennis Wise has got that job?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Sep 2008 10:19

Dirk Gently Talks of a boycott of SJP - I'll believe it when I see it, but the "this is just another thing wrong with modern football" bandwagon seems to be rolling faster and faster, so it might just happen.

Club have already got their ST money so them missing a game or two will have little effect - if it happens at all.

If they do well under whoever the new manager ends up being this will all be forgotten.

Can't help but think it's a little bit of a case of reaping what you sow after the fans got on Alladyce's back pretty much from the off.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 05 Sep 2008 10:29

Stranded
Dirk Gently Talks of a boycott of SJP - I'll believe it when I see it, but the "this is just another thing wrong with modern football" bandwagon seems to be rolling faster and faster, so it might just happen.

Club have already got their ST money so them missing a game or two will have little effect - if it happens at all.

If they do well under whoever the new manager ends up being this will all be forgotten.

Can't help but think it's a little bit of a case of reaping what you sow after the fans got on Alladyce's back pretty much from the off.

Finalcially you're right - but the visual effect of the empty stands would be quite a powerful kick in the teeth for Ashley.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Sep 2008 10:31

The whole year inn Can anyone explain to me how Dennis Wise has got that job?

Showed at Leeds that he knew how to run a club and recruit players?

Proved at the interview that he shared the amibtions and ideas of the owner for taking a big club forward?

Ashley seems to have gone about things the wrong way though. I never thought his sitting with the fans and all that PR was ever going to work and nor was placing a director of football in an office in London.

Appointing Keegan was a mistake too.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 05 Sep 2008 11:28

Hoop Blah
The whole year inn Can anyone explain to me how Dennis Wise has got that job?

Showed at Leeds that he knew how to run a club and recruit players?

Proved at the interview that he shared the amibtions and ideas of the owner for taking a big club forward?

Bollocks.

Wise is slimey little oxf*rd you achieved oxf*rd all at Leeds, apart from relegating them after they'd been in a play-off final the season before.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Sep 2008 12:54

I believe there will be a protest of sorts and next home gate considerably less.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Sep 2008 12:55

Until the world's greatest fans realise they have got nothing better to do

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 06 Sep 2008 14:22

Not in defence of, because I couldn't care less one way or the other, but how come everybody ASSUMES or even KNOWS for sure that Dennis Wise is a, "tit, wanaker, useless, idiot, cockney twat" etc, etc, or whatever? Former footballer and manager with modest ability gets the very lucrative job of "executive director football" and most commentators suggest that he's fecking useless tw@t. Nice work if you can get it, where do I apply? :wink:

Apologies everybody, I failed to read WYI previous post........... :oops:

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 06 Sep 2008 17:45

NewcastLOL

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Sep 2008 18:29

This is the press release of proposed action by the two biggest Newcastle Fanzines

Press Release From true faith and the The Mag

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ACTION!

The Mag – true faith Newcastle United Fanzines joint statement
Like many Newcastle United supporters we have been sickened by the events of the last week and the departure of Kevin Keegan from his position as manager of our club. We believe Kevin had little alternative but to resign given the gross incompetence and mismanagement of Dennis Wise, Executive Director of Football and Derek Llambias, Managing Director who like Kevin were appointed by Mike Ashley. While Kevin Keegan remained at Newcastle United the fans trusted that the club was moving forward at last, with Keegan’s departure all trust has gone.

Both The Mag and true faith believe there has been a fundamental break in trust between board and the support.

Both true faith and The Mag have been inundated by requests from supporters keen to take action against those within the boardroom of Newcastle United.

Having read many hundreds if not thousands of e-mails sent into both fanzines we are recommending the following action in protest at its appalling treatment of Kevin Keegan and the entirely unworkable structure it has established at the club, namely around the club’s transfer policy.

That initial action includes;

- An immediate and indefinite boycott of all Newcastle United merchandise to include replica shirts, other club clothing and any items sold at official NUFC outlets. It will also include the non-purchase of all Newcastle United programmes and magazines as well as food, drinks and beverages of any description. This boycott will include raffle tickets, lotteries and any other products associated with Newcastle United Football Club. This to include also a boycott of all club bars including Shearer’s Bar as well as club cafes, official club tours, visits to the NUFC museum and any other activity which generates an income for Newcastle United.
- This boycott to be extended to any retail outlet or product owned either in full or in part by Mike Ashley e.g. Sports Soccer, Lillywhites etc.
- We do not advocate a boycott (this is backed up overwhelmingly in the emails we have received) of the game against Hull City at SJP on Saturday 13/Sep/08. Newcastle United’s players have done nothing wrong and certain individuals have behaved impeccably given the manner in which their manager and team-mates have been treated this last week. They remain deserving of our support.
- We advocate supporters vocally expressing their disgust against the current regime whether they are at the match or not, which will act as a clear demonstration of the antipathy of supporters towards Ashley, Llambias and Wise. There should be no abuse directed at any Newcastle United player.
- We insist that Mike Ashley does not attend away games amongst the travelling support. He is not a Newcastle United supporter and as far as true faith and The Mag are concerned he is not welcome amongst our ranks. If any effort is made by Ashley to attend future away games we would recommend the away support to vocally remind him he is not wanted amongst us. We do not advocate violent disorder of any description.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 12 Sep 2008 20:16

Favorite to take over at Newcastle

Keving Kegan :?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 12 Sep 2008 21:58

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 12 Sep 2008 23:00

He's left :shock:

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 13 Sep 2008 11:53

Mike AshLOLey