Are Cardiff more of a threat to us than Brum?

Are Cardiff more of a threat than Brum?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 106
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: No longer a 3 horse race

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2009 21:39

Cardiff have to win those two games. I'll take points in the bag over potential points thanks very much.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 07 Feb 2009 21:41

It worries me that this happened last season too...albeit in a different league.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Feb 2009 21:44

Sarah Star It worries me that this happened last season too...albeit in a different league.

The problem with having only two (slightly unreliable) creative outlets and one real goalscorer. Leroy needs to start banging them in. NHunt could do with putting a few more in himself.

To get promoted you need at least two players getting 15+ goals. Doyle's done it, but only scored twice since November.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 07 Feb 2009 22:04

What's the panic...

Cardiff have to win those 2 games in hand...and that would still leave them 2pts behind...now by my reckoning that would mean they would still be below us in the table :shock:

Oh and even if they did draw level on points with us at some point between say now and the end of the season...then has anyone cared to look at the GD :roll:

Oh sorry...that's just plain silly isn't it...and what I should actually be saying is:

WE'RE DOOMED!!!!! and COPPELL OUT!!! :roll:

This league is full of a load of average teams who on their day can beat anyone from top, middle or bottom...it's what football is all about...we have said from day one that this season would be nothing like 3 years ago, so all those who STILL expect 106pts...WAKE UP!!!! it's not going to happen...

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 07 Feb 2009 22:19

Turns8 Cardiff have to win those 2 games in hand...and that would still leave them 2pts behind...now by my reckoning that would mean they would still be below us in the table :shock:

:lol:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 07 Feb 2009 22:27

Turns8 What's the panic...

Cardiff have to win those 2 games in hand...and that would still leave them 2pts behind...now by my reckoning that would mean they would still be below us in the table :shock:

Oh and even if they did draw level on points with us at some point between say now and the end of the season...then has anyone cared to look at the GD :roll:

Oh sorry...that's just plain silly isn't it...and what I should actually be saying is:

WE'RE DOOMED!!!!! and COPPELL OUT!!! :roll:

This league is full of a load of average teams who on their day can beat anyone from top, middle or bottom...it's what football is all about...we have said from day one that this season would be nothing like 3 years ago, so all those who STILL expect 106pts...WAKE UP!!!! it's not going to happen...

A few more goals for us would be nice though, wouldn't it?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 07 Feb 2009 22:58

So long as it doesn't come down to goals scored, we'll whack 'em all on goal difference.

No worries.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Are Cardiff more of a threat to us than Brum?

by rhroyal » 04 May 2009 00:19

Thought I'd bring you all some entertainment on a sad day :lol: .

(I know we'd all feel more confident with Cardiff in than Preston, but it's still been bloody hilarious.)

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 04 May 2009 00:19

LOL @ this thread.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 04 May 2009 03:13

Many teams went on runs - first us, later Burnley, Cardiff, Bristol City, Swansea. Lately it's Preston. Birmingham just kept grinding out the averages. On the field today they showed why. Tons of experience, tons of discipline, tons of commitment. Good job well done. It's an approach that could keep them up next year.

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 04 May 2009 03:26

M-U-R-T-Y LOL @ this thread.

C*rdiff City FootbaLOLOL CLOLub :lol:

FWIW my money is on Preston.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 04 May 2009 09:02

Bad day for both codes of football in Cardiff yesterday

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Are Cardiff more of a threat to Birmingham?

by SLAMMED » 04 May 2009 11:07

SLAMMED No.

Told ya.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 May 2009 14:32

Arch Many teams went on runs - first us, later Burnley, Cardiff, Bristol City, Swansea. Lately it's Preston. Birmingham just kept grinding out the averages. On the field today they showed why. Tons of experience, tons of discipline, tons of commitment. Good job well done. It's an approach that could keep them up next year.

Good post, I thought they were solid, but largely uninspiring, whilst having a couple of touches of real class and excitment. And the players they had that had attacking flair, also had the ability to produce an end product and hurt us in the final third.