Henry to Millwall

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Henry to Millwall

by brendywendy » 19 Aug 2010 12:04

Ian Royal
brendywendy so hes raised his game as he is worried he may not have the career he thought he would.
just a shame he almost never did it for us.

Kebe's crossing is consistently poor. It's just not what he does well. That doesn't make him a bad player.

I agree Hoop that Henry would be more likely to chip in than McAnuff, not sure I agree about Kebe. And I still don't think we have the players to make him a useful asset. None of our midfielders are really going to score many by header no matter how good the crosses. And we go back to the same problem of playing two upfront we have now but more so. Which two of Kebe, McAnuff & Sigurdsson do you leave out?

Henry will have a bright career, but we just aren't a match the way things have gone. Good luck to the lad, he stagnated a bit here, but has undeniable quality.

hence why kebe always pulls back his crosses along the ground, to adapt to our forwards lack of superiority in the air, which proves that he is the better more intelligent player than those that continue to pump high balls across the 6 yard box to no effect

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Aug 2010 22:02

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 03 Sep 2010 15:29

He might just prove to be a big mistake for RFC.

He's named as one of the best 5 players in the Championship in August by Peter Beagrie. OK, only one mans opinion and he won't have seen every performance by everyone but still an achievement by Henry.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11673_6354496,00.html

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2010 15:38

It's not a mistake as he wouldn't have played in August if he'd been here.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 03 Sep 2010 16:47

TommyF He might just prove to be a big mistake for RFC.

He's named as one of the best 5 players in the Championship in August by Peter Beagrie. OK, only one mans opinion and he won't have seen every performance by everyone but still an achievement by Henry.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11673_6354496,00.html

Sort of related, but is it just me or does Beagrie not like us much? He never tips us, never mentions us and even when asked directly about us, such as at the end of last Saturday's live game, comes across as being quite dismissive. He's certainly not like that with everyone.

Okay, it's me.