The generic transfer thread

10573 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Sanguine » 20 Aug 2024 14:12

Liverpool finally make a signing, and it appears a very good one - but one for next season. Goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili will sign from Valencia for €30m. Considered one of the best young keepers in the world. But he will stay on loan in Spain until the start of the 2025-26 season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Aug 2024 10:14

Ipswich commit to buying Broja for £30m if they stay up.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Aug 2024 12:58

Gundogan back to City on a free.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Aug 2024 20:45

Rumours of Fulham trying to sign Rayan Cherki! Really hope it happens. I would be very excited at this if I supported Fulham.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2024 09:03

Winston Biscuit Rumours of Fulham trying to sign Rayan Cherki! Really hope it happens. I would be very excited at this if I supported Fulham.

£12m + £4m in add ons. That's a lot of player for the money.

Mind you, Lyon are in the shit financially, aren't they and having to sell, sell, sell. Apparently they need to find £75m before the transfer window closes.

Encouraging news Everton fans, they're owned by John Textor.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2024 09:17

From Despair To Where?
Winston Biscuit Rumours of Fulham trying to sign Rayan Cherki! Really hope it happens. I would be very excited at this if I supported Fulham.

Mind you, Lyon are in the shit financially, aren't they and having to sell, sell, sell. Apparently they need to find £75m before the transfer window closes.

Can't be all that as a player otherwise bigger sides than Fulham would be in there.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Aug 2024 09:20

From Despair To Where?

Surprised he hasn't left them sooner tbh. A massively talented player, but very much under the 'inconsistent and temperamental maverick' banner. Hugely skillful, loves running at players and trying to dribble past them, also loves having a strop when things don't go his way. Could be a lot of fun in the PL.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2024 09:24

Sutekh
From Despair To Where?

Can't be all that as a player otherwise bigger sides than Fulham would be in there.

£17m is fcuk all in Premier League terms and Lyon have just put their whole squad up for sale in the past 24hrs. They're having a fire sale.

He's 21 months younger than Olise.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2024 09:30

From Despair To Where?
Sutekh
From Despair To Where?

£17m is fcuk all in Premier League terms and Lyon have just put their whole squad up for sale in the past 24hrs. They're having a fire sale.

He's 21 months younger than Olise.

Very good work by Fulham then. Already looking forward to him moving to Chelsea next summer for £60m+.....

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Aug 2024 13:47

Federico Chiesa to Liverpool for €13m + add-ons. An absolute snip, much less than they got from Brentford for Carvalho. No-brainer really. If it comes off and he rediscovers his form pre-injury, it's a brilliant signing. If not, they can probably recoup the fee selling him on again.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Aug 2024 13:49

Sanguine Federico Chiesa to Liverpool for €13m + add-ons. An absolute snip, much less than they got from Brentford for Carvalho. No-brainer really. If it comes off and he rediscovers his form pre-injury, it's a brilliant signing. If not, they can probably recoup the fee selling him on again.

Surprised he's only 26 - thought he was 30.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Aug 2024 15:04

Sanguine Federico Chiesa to Liverpool for €13m + add-ons. An absolute snip, much less than they got from Brentford for Carvalho. No-brainer really. If it comes off and he rediscovers his form pre-injury, it's a brilliant signing. If not, they can probably recoup the fee selling him on again.

Was one of the best players in Europe pre injury, since his comeback he has not looked close to being the same person.

Hope they can get him back to being somewhere near his best

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Aug 2024 15:05

I feel like I am the only person who still rates Sterling and thinks he could really do something special for Man Utd

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Aug 2024 09:57

Kepa to Bournemouth on loan :shock:

also why is Aaron Ramsdale seemingly not wanted by other top clubs? he is only 26 years old, and 2 years ago he was a starter for the team runners up in the league and he was in the PL Team Of The Season, now he is being sold to a club highly likely to be relegated. wtf?!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2024 10:08

Winston Biscuit Kepa to Bournemouth on loan :shock:

also why is Aaron Ramsdale seemingly not wanted by other top clubs? he is only 26 years old, and 2 years ago he was a starter for the team runners up in the league and he was in the PL Team Of The Season, now he is being sold to a club highly likely to be relegated. wtf?!

Not sure his interview where he clearly stated he has problems staying focussed during games has really helped his career.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Aug 2024 10:55

Stranded

Not sure his interview where he clearly stated he has problems staying focussed during games has really helped his career.

I have wondered that before, but surely in this modern age you don't have a team of scouts and data analysts coming up with info for the club to consider and someone else responds with 'yeah but have you seen this video clip on twitter?'

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Aug 2024 11:14

But he gets to live back on the South Coast.
I have always been a fan of Alex McCarthy but seemingly Russell Martin doesn't rate him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2024 11:36

South Coast Royal

But he gets to live back on the South Coast.
I have always been a fan of Alex McCarthy but seemingly Russell Martin doesn't rate him.

He's also 34, so whilst still a few years left potentially - replacing him with a keeper of decent PL talent who is also 8 years younger is probably a no-brainer from his position.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 29 Aug 2024 15:17

v good player but with terrible numbers...which can be explained by the number of injuries he's had

If you can keep him on the pitch that will be an absolute bargain. As you say, limited downside

Availability is the best ability

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 29 Aug 2024 15:18

Winston Biscuit I feel like I am the only person who still rates Sterling and thinks he could really do something special for Man Utd

£325 Bags a week tho

10573 posts