Barcelona v Manchester Utd

176 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Barcelona v Manchester Utd

by Royal Rother » 29 May 2011 13:07

SpaceCruiser Forest might not have been a team greater than the current barcelona team, but id suggest that Forest winning the European Cup 2 years in a row is the greater achievement

Staggering insight there.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 29 May 2011 15:03

Chaney my god my seats a long way up :shock:

:lol: Mine's one block lower than yours. 8)

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 29 May 2011 15:14

Royal Rother
SpaceCruiser Forest might not have been a team greater than the current barcelona team, but id suggest that Forest winning the European Cup 2 years in a row is the greater achievement

Staggering insight there.

Maybe you need to jack your brain into a goats brain, after all it has more intellect than your tiny brain.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 29 May 2011 15:38

:lol:

:roll:

:?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 May 2011 15:57

Ian Royal It's not really any surprise the best team in Europe won when they were playing one of the weaker Utd sides of the last 10 years. Lets face it, the only reason Utd won the league was because Citeh still haven't worked out how to build a real team, Liverpool were a shambles and Arsenal and Chelsea were both weak too.

So Man Utd were the best team then and worthy Champions.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 May 2011 16:04

Stranded
Ian Royal It's not really any surprise the best team in Europe won when they were playing one of the weaker Utd sides of the last 10 years. Lets face it, the only reason Utd won the league was because Citeh still haven't worked out how to build a real team, Liverpool were a shambles and Arsenal and Chelsea were both weak too.

They were obviously the best team - as Sir Steve would say - the league table doesn't lie.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 May 2011 16:21

Outclassed in the pitch, no surprise there.

Really annoyed with our end though. There is an email which has been 'leaked' where the c*nts at United were guaranteeing a final ticket if the execs renewed their hospitality packages. Loads and loads of divs in our end, too many with cameras wanting to be a part of an occasion without doing their bit. Also quite a few United sold their tickets for £1k+. To be fair can't blame people for doing that.

Had a good drink all around London, all the pubs full with hardcore but no tickets in sight. Funny as f*ck the amount of jibbing going on, it seemed more people were getting kicked out than were going in. Also witnessed the best jib ever as about 6 young lads came crashing through the ceiling onto the kiosk tills, apparently they'd gone in the outside toilets and climbed through the roof!

Hats off to Barca. A great team and their end was rocking all game.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 29 May 2011 16:22

Stranded

A team which managed to get to the European Cup final can't really be that 'weak'. FWIW I reckon the Premier League is getting tighter with more teams capable of taking points from each other. Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs all did OK in Europe this year as well...

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 29 May 2011 16:26

TheMaraudingDog Loads and loads of divs in our end, too many with cameras wanting to be a part of an occasion without doing their bit.

To be fair; you'd have to be pretty "hard-core" to get excited about your second half performance. You were SHIT!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2011 16:42

Stranded

I'm not sure I'd go as far as worthy, they certainly deserved it more than anyone else though. Someone would have had to have been best no matter how atrocious the quality of the league was.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 29 May 2011 16:56

Ian Royal
Stranded

I'm not sure I'd go as far as worthy, they certainly deserved it more than anyone else though. Someone would have had to have been best no matter how atrocious the quality of the league was.

That's a bit like saying Chesterfield weren't worthy champions in League Two because the standard's poor.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 29 May 2011 17:00

Man united need to sign sneijder and a top class holding midfielder next to him, they should also get a top class winger and I mean top class, not just stand European players like they currently have.

Also the Man Utd fans will unveil a banner today with "19 Times" on it.

This is in recognition of everytime they touched the ball last night.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 May 2011 17:39

FiNeRaIn Man united need to sign sneijder and a top class holding midfielder next to him, they should also get a top class winger and I mean top class, not just stand European players like they currently have.

Also the Man Utd fans will unveil a banner today with "19 Times" on it.

:D

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 29 May 2011 17:42

FiNeRaIn Also the Man Utd fans will unveil a banner today with "19 Times" on it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 29 May 2011 17:43

19 more times than Liverpool to be fair.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 29 May 2011 17:46

TheMaraudingDog Outclassed in the pitch, no surprise there.

Really annoyed with our end though. There is an email which has been 'leaked' where the c*nts at United were guaranteeing a final ticket if the execs renewed their hospitality packages. Loads and loads of divs in our end, too many with cameras wanting to be a part of an occasion without doing their bit. Also quite a few United sold their tickets for £1k+. To be fair can't blame people for doing that.

Had a good drink all around London, all the pubs full with hardcore but no tickets in sight. Funny as f*ck the amount of jibbing going on, it seemed more people were getting kicked out than were going in. Also witnessed the best jib ever as about 6 young lads came crashing through the ceiling onto the kiosk tills, apparently they'd gone in the outside toilets and climbed through the roof!

Hats off to Barca. A great team and their end was rocking all game.

Have to say I wasn't expecting that. Respect to you sir for accepting defeat with dignity.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 May 2011 18:13

I hope Barcelona cough up for those nets!!! :wink:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 29 May 2011 18:19

In fairness to TMD he accepted his team were beaten by the better side on the night. Fair play to him.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 May 2011 18:59

TheMaraudingDog Outclassed in the pitch, no surprise there.

So, when I suggested the other day that there would be plastics in the United end for last nights game, and you denied it, I was actually right?

8)

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 29 May 2011 19:14

TheMaraudingDog 19 more times than Liverpool to be fair.

You're Man United and you do what Barcelona tell you.

176 posts