Fabrice Muamba

238 posts
Bring Back The SB

Re: Fabrice Muamba

by Bring Back The SB » 19 Mar 2012 14:43

Flashing up on Skynews

Statement: Fabrice Muamba is showing small signs of improvement, heart beating without medication and arms & legs have movement

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 19 Mar 2012 14:58

Excellent!

Let's hope his brain hasn't been damaged..

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Mar 2012 15:01

Good "News", but...

Heart beating without medication? No inotropes, anti-arrhythmics or beta blockers - I very much doubt it

He will also have a pacemaker fitted no doubt!

And GC's spot on too

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 19 Mar 2012 15:04

3 veesinarow Presumably led from the front by EIL...

Yea, not like I know anything about undiagnosed heart conditions.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 19 Mar 2012 15:06

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 19 Mar 2012 15:06

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
I think "Our thoughts and prayers are with..." has just become a stock phrase, copied from the USA where it really does mean people are saying prayers.

"Praying for someone to be OK" has just become a synonym for "hoping".

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that and I don't have a problem with it - have probably said it myself as well at some point. I just think a few of the things said have fed the idea that we are engaged in some group effort to save him, which we're emphatically not, besides the fact that if it came down to that then it's a bit unbecoming that we'd all pray for him and not, say, the other cardiac arrest victims of the day.

As you say I don't suppose many of the tweeting footballers are actually offering up prayers, but it does somewhat feed the mistaken idea that we're really a believing nation.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Mar 2012 15:48

Atheists are as tedious as believers. I just don't like the repetition.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 19 Mar 2012 15:49

Jason Roberts ‏ @JasonRoberts30 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
All of the Prayers are working TArmy...we should continue our prayers for @FabriceMuamba5 and @ShaunaMuamba until the all clear..

Let the doctors do their job and give them the credit they deserve ffs

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 19 Mar 2012 16:07

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Mar 2012 16:43

Uke
Amazing how many footballers are suddenly all religious

Including Wayne Rooney...

Hardly sudden:

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 19 Mar 2012 17:07

Gordons Cumming Excellent!

Let's hope his brain hasn't been damaged..

Latest reports say he is speaking again... 8)

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 19 Mar 2012 17:09

rob the royal Good to know that footballer's have them all the time, I was only wondering because I see that the Spurs players are all demanding them so it makes it sound like they never had one?

And regarding SADs I'm afraid that's not true, although in this case evidently it wasn't something that could be picked up by ECG there are plenty of causes for SADS that can be diagnosed by ECG and Echo - off the top of my head: Long QT.

SAD is just another name for "we don't know what happened" . And was just about to mention Echo. ECG doesn't necessarily catch things such as inflammed tissue or congental defects.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Mar 2012 17:22

RobRoyal
muddyfeet what has happened is really horrible and I truly hope that he is ok.

but is anyone else getting slightly fed up of the twitter stuff?

I am getting a little fed up with the prayer stuff, to be honest. Why can't you just say you really hope he gets better, instead of peddling the importance of some delusional ritual?

I think "Our thoughts and prayers are with..." has just become a stock phrase, copied from the USA where it really does mean people are saying prayers.

"Praying for someone to be OK" has just become a synonym for "hoping".

Agree - I have to say I'm a little surprised at how it's stuck in my craw as much as it has, but I'm not about to complain about it. Especially seeing as "Get well soon" or "hope you recover" or "thinking of you" either sounds like he's just got flu, is just really lame and doesn't really convey the right level of sympathy, or sounds like he's your boy friend.

PS pleased to hear the good news about him. Fingers crossed and hope the docs + nurses keep up the good work.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Mar 2012 18:02

Ian Royal Agree - I have to say I'm a little surprised at how it's stuck in my craw as much as it has, but I'm not about to complain about it. Especially seeing as "Get well soon" or "hope you recover" or "thinking of you" either sounds like he's just got flu, is just really lame and doesn't really convey the right level of sympathy, or sounds like he's your boy friend.

PS pleased to hear the good news about him. Fingers crossed and hope the docs + nurses keep up the good work.

Exactly 'Get well soon' sounds he's feeling under the weather.

Anyway, he's talking now so it's all ok. Let's get back to talking about us getting promotion.

*I hope he pulls through completely*

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 19 Mar 2012 19:02

@michaelowen One of the worst things about being a footballer is being ill. I've got a sore throat and a bunged up nose but not allowed anything for it!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 19 Mar 2012 19:18

Archie's penalty
Ian Royal Agree - I have to say I'm a little surprised at how it's stuck in my craw as much as it has, but I'm not about to complain about it. Especially seeing as "Get well soon" or "hope you recover" or "thinking of you" either sounds like he's just got flu, is just really lame and doesn't really convey the right level of sympathy, or sounds like he's your boy friend.

Exactly 'Get well soon' sounds he's feeling under the weather.

Anyway, he's talking now so it's all ok. Let's get back to talking about us getting promotion.

*I hope he pulls through completely*

:arrow:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Mar 2012 20:05

blindedbythelights @michaelowen One of the worst things about being a footballer is being ill. I've got a sore throat and a bunged up nose but not allowed anything for it!

not really that stupid, there are all sorts of regulations to do with drug rules within the game which means they can't.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 19 Mar 2012 20:14

i took blindedbythelights reply to be more about moaning about a cold when there's a young man fighting for his life in hospital...

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 19 Mar 2012 20:51

FiNeRaIn
blindedbythelights @michaelowen One of the worst things about being a footballer is being ill. I've got a sore throat and a bunged up nose but not allowed anything for it!

not really that stupid, there are all sorts of regulations to do with drug rules within the game which means they can't.

True, but the odds of Michael Owen needing to give a post-match sample aren't great these days.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 19 Mar 2012 21:45

I thought the public were getting tired of all the tremendous amount of publicity. I hope to see on Saturday not an emotional spectable but rather 22 fit players giving a good game of football.

238 posts