Racism in football (John Terry spin-off)

1181 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Racism in football (John Terry spin-off)

by Hoop Blah » 17 Oct 2012 14:35

Alexander Litvinenko
Hoop Blah I'm amazed they're trying to finger the blame on Rose though.

Surely that's the only possible argument they could adopt?

I suppose so. It just seems totally flawed even if he was over doing his celebrations a bit, he wouldn't have been doing much worse than the rest of the team who were also being pelted with objects after scoring.

It's as weak a defence as there is isn't it?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Oct 2012 14:37

Alexander Litvinenko
Hoop Blah I'm amazed they're trying to finger the blame on Rose though.

Surely that's the only possible argument they could adopt?

Erm, not really, no.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 17 Oct 2012 14:37

Depends if Rose did something not seen by the cameras, such as celebr8ing right in the faces of some of their players.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 Oct 2012 14:38

southbank1871 Depends if Rose did something not seen by the cameras, such as celebr8ing right in the faces of some of their players.

It really doesn't

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 17 Oct 2012 14:41

TFF
southbank1871 Depends if Rose did something not seen by the cameras, such as celebr8ing right in the faces of some of their players.

It really doesn't

I’m not excusing any of the behaviour, that was in response to Hoop Blah’s post. If Rose swore at the fans or any their players whilst celebrating the goal, then Serbia could have grounds to suggest he behaved in a vulgar manner.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 17 Oct 2012 14:45

The referee is a real prize Apricot, total chaos breaks out at the end with players charging in on each other and what does he do, send off Danny Rose because he kicked the ball away.... did he come from Russia or Spain perhaps?

Not expecting UEFA/FIFA to bring down any real punishment on Serbia (my punishment would be expulsion from the World Cup 2014) after their disgraceful handling of race chanting (total 50k fines handed out to Spain and Russia) vs Nicklas Bendtner wearing a pair of shorts with a slogan on them (total 80k fine plus a game's ban) at the Euros.

southbank1871 I’m not excusing any of the behaviour, that was in response to Hoop Blah’s post. If Rose swore at the fans or any their players whilst celebrating the goal, then Serbia could have grounds to suggest he behaved in a vulgar manner.

Rose was explaining on SSN earlier today how he had abuse from the moment he stepped on the pitch for the warm up to the time he eventually got down the tunnel. Not to mention the despicable scum in the crowd throwing things at the England players. Rose also says he was struck with stones twice during the game itself.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 17 Oct 2012 14:47

'Rose was guilty of inappropriate and unsportsmanlike behaviour........in a vulgar manner'........oh yeah, why weren't any Serbian players sent off then?
Clear case of a few of their players carrying the sentiment of the fans onto the pitch.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 17 Oct 2012 15:00

SFA statement And while most of the English team players celebrated the score, their player number three, Danny Rose, behaved in inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner towards the supporters on the stands at the stadium in Krusevac, and for that he was shown a red card.

But he wasn't though, otherwise he would have been sent off sooner in the piece. It was only after he kicked the ball away the ref took any action.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Oct 2012 15:03

The refs report should make interesting reading tbf

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Oct 2012 15:08

southbank1871
TFF

It really doesn't

I’m not excusing any of the behaviour, that was in response to Hoop Blah’s post. If Rose swore at the fans or any their players whilst celebrating the goal, then Serbia could have grounds to suggest he behaved in a vulgar manner.

This ^^

Something sparked it off (not that I think they need much to spark them off) that we haven't seen and it looks like they're trying to pin that on whatever Rose did. Rose himself has already come out and said he'd lost the plot for the last 30 minutes of the game and then let his emotions get the better of him when celebrating the win, before then being surrounded by Serb players. That might not help his case.

It in now way excuses the rest of the behaviour of course.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Oct 2012 15:10

reading_fan
SFA statement And while most of the English team players celebrated the score, their player number three, Danny Rose, behaved in inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner towards the supporters on the stands at the stadium in Krusevac, and for that he was shown a red card.

But he wasn't though, otherwise he would have been sent off sooner in the piece. It was only after he kicked the ball away the ref took any action.

That's how I see it, but another explanation could be, that the ref may have been too busy trying to calm down the scuffle before then dealing with Rose (which just happened to be immediately after he kicked the ball away).

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 17 Oct 2012 15:19

Predictable reaction from them. Dishing it out to their hearts content all game, as soon as they get one wound back into them it's all - who me? it was his fault etc etc. Second rate muffins.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Oct 2012 15:27

Did he actually get a second yellow? Looked a straight red

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Oct 2012 15:34

ZacNaloen Did he actually get a second yellow? Looked a straight red

two yellows i saw

Even if there wasn't any racism - why was Butland getting pelted all game and even removed a seat from the pitch at one point?!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Oct 2012 15:38

You can certainly see the ref pull out a yellow before showing the red.

The fact the other players got pelted will probably be part of the Serbian defence that it wasn't racially motivated!

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 17 Oct 2012 15:54

Hoop Blah You can certainly see the ref pull out a yellow before showing the red.

The fact the other players got pelted will probably be part of the Serbian defence that it wasn't racially motivated!

ALOL - "We're not racist, we abuse white players too"

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 17 Oct 2012 19:04

Never going to be stopped if people deny there is an issue or it happens.

I don't think even kicking Serbia out would change things TBH,.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Oct 2012 19:09

reading_fan
Hoop Blah You can certainly see the ref pull out a yellow before showing the red.

ALOL - "We're not racist, we abuse white players too"

But that may well be the line they take if the racist element is the bit UEFA are most concerned with. They'll then claim the racist stuff after the whistle was just a reaction to Rose (which we're all pretty sure is pure fantasy).

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 17 Oct 2012 20:35

The only reason so much has been said today is because of the nasty racist chanting. The fact that supporters threw dangerous missiles at the players and Serbian players and officials were violent towards England players and officials is almost secondary.
What is worse?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 17 Oct 2012 20:38

DelBoyRodders The only reason so much has been said today is because of the nasty racist chanting. The fact that supporters threw dangerous missiles at the players and Serbian players and officials were violent towards England players and officials is almost secondary.
What is worse?

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me. Unless you're Jason Roberts.

1181 posts