The footballer gets arrested thread

2170 posts
Bring Back The SB

Re: The footballer gets arrested thread

by Bring Back The SB » 20 Apr 2012 16:04

In all seriousness though, it is a warning for all men who even takes a drunk girl home. She could quite easily wake up, hate herself for what she did and cry rape.

Got to be so so careful these days.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Apr 2012 16:07

All seems a bit odd; the girl claims she was so drunk that she couldn't remember a thing, yet no alcohol was found in her blood; if she was so drunk, then MacDonald should have been found guilty as well, because the law was changed a few Years ago to state that a woman cannot give consent if she is so drunk/drugged as to be incapacitated.

yuomi

by yuomi » 20 Apr 2012 16:11

i cant comprehend why united are sticking by him.

The Club recognises the seriousness of these events and as such wishes to respond in a responsible way when it has taken sufficient time to consider the matter fully.

if hes vindicated later you can take him back. but right now the guy is a convicted rapist! :shock:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Apr 2012 16:55

Mr Angry All seems a bit odd; the girl claims she was so drunk that she couldn't remember a thing, yet no alcohol was found in her blood; if she was so drunk, then MacDonald should have been found guilty as well, because the law was changed a few Years ago to state that a woman cannot give consent if she is so drunk/drugged as to be incapacitated.

Exactly. How can she consent to one but not the other?

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 20 Apr 2012 17:07

Maybe they only started filming Evans, so was clear evidence, but no film & so no clear evidence against McDonald?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 20 Apr 2012 17:11

Hoop Blah
Mr Angry All seems a bit odd; the girl claims she was so drunk that she couldn't remember a thing, yet no alcohol was found in her blood; if she was so drunk, then MacDonald should have been found guilty as well, because the law was changed a few Years ago to state that a woman cannot give consent if she is so drunk/drugged as to be incapacitated.

1 in the goo, 1 in the poo is what I heard. She woke up with sore backdoors and so claims something happened beyond her agreement. Evans was just unlucky that it was him that took the dirt track

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Apr 2012 17:12

watfordroyal Maybe they only started filming Evans, so was clear evidence, but no film & so no clear evidence against McDonald?

Neither denied it took place though, so can't see that making a difference.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Apr 2012 17:15

soggy biscuit
Hoop Blah

1 in the goo, 1 in the poo is what I heard. She woke up with sore backdoors and so claims something happened beyond her agreement. Evans was just unlucky that it was him that took the dirt track

Can't see that either (unless that was a joke).

Didn't she say she can't remember consenting or was too wasted to consent. I don't think she could claim she was sober enough to consent to one entrance and not the other.

Scylla

by Scylla » 20 Apr 2012 17:26

CCTV footage played to the jury showed McDonald being approached by the complainant and getting into a taxi which she flagged down.

The court heard that McDonald and the woman walked into the hotel "linking arms" and went to his room.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 65609.html

Hardly amounts to 'consent' but maybe it was enough to get him off.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 20 Apr 2012 17:28

Hoop Blah
watfordroyal Maybe they only started filming Evans, so was clear evidence, but no film & so no clear evidence against McDonald?

But don't they claim consent was gained, the film may have shown that Evans did not get consent, whereas the jury couldn't decide without doubt if MacDonald did?
Unless we see all the court evidence we'll never know, but rape convictions are notoriously hard to get, so there must have been substantial evidence against Evans. (or the jury are all Owls fans! :shock: )

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Apr 2012 17:30

Tokyo Sex Whale She says her drink was spiked and cant remember anything, just woke up in the morning with clothes on the floor and a sore poo chute.

McDonald finds her and takes her to his hotel room and rags her and invites Evans in to watch, he then asks to join in and she says yes. (That was the defence's case)

How was she more intoxicated when Evans nailed her than McDonald?! He piled in to her after McDonald had started yet he gets found not guilty?

Racism.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Apr 2012 17:35

watfordroyal
Hoop Blah

But don't they claim consent was gained, the film may have shown that Evans did not get consent, whereas the jury couldn't decide without doubt if MacDonald did?
Unless we see all the court evidence we'll never know, but rape convictions are notoriously hard to get, so there must have been substantial evidence against Evans. (or the jury are all Owls fans! :shock: )

Yeah true, perhaps it proved it. I'd be amazed though if a phone video, taken through a window, was deemed strong enough evidence that consent wasn't given. Obviously without seeing it that's just wild guess work though.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 20 Apr 2012 17:53

5 years?? That's a massive kick in the nuts for Sheff Utd. He'll also come out a different man...

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 20 Apr 2012 18:03

Friday's Legacy He'll also come out a different man...

TV and books have taught me that the life of a rapist in prison is beyond your worst nightmare, let alone the life of a 'famous' rapist. If this is overturned at appeal he may already have experienced enough in there to change him forever

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Apr 2012 18:10

Always find that laughable, criminals judging other criminals as being unacceptable and giving them their own justice. I think if any of them have followed the story as im sure they have access in prison, they wouldn't treat him the same way as someone who has physically forced and raped a women.

Not sure of the real facts at hand here, but it does seem very harsh as a whole. No alcohol in her body at all? Just :roll:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 20 Apr 2012 19:12

FiNeRaIn Always find that laughable, criminals judging other criminals as being unacceptable and giving them their own justice. I think if any of them have followed the story as im sure they have access in prison, they wouldn't treat him the same way as someone who has physically forced and raped a women.

Not sure of the real facts at hand here, but it does seem very harsh as a whole. No alcohol in her body at all? Just :roll:

Totally agree.

Way too harsh for this. Lesson to females: Don't do drugs.

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 20 Apr 2012 19:20

And into several different ones

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 20 Apr 2012 22:25

Looks like our main striker could be in troube:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmm ... 832292.jpg

Just signed a new contract as well..

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 20 Apr 2012 23:31

Ideal
soggy biscuit

TV and books have taught me that the life of a rapist in prison is beyond your worst nightmare, let alone the life of a 'famous' rapist. If this is overturned at appeal he may already have experienced enough in there to change him forever

It's just one of those myths people like to believe.
Common movie myth, just like the myth that there are giant muscular persons with the sensitivity and mental capacity of children who are just so decent at heart yet get framed and sent to prison, that there is some kind of "code of honour" among criminals, that there is some kind of super violent nasty criminal vermin who will sacrifice his life at the end to do the right thing and vindicate himself, etc. Movie myth bullshit.

There is no honour among criminals. Criminals are largely just drugged up confused idiots who do not know what they're doing, sometimes they forgot one of their customers paid for the drugs he just received and send their enforcer out to do him in, that's how it goes. They are just confused, sad individuals who use too much drugs and take advantage of any opportunity they see, there is no honour, no code, no "internal justice" bullshit.

If Chad Evans gets ass raped in prison, it's not because they are "punishing him for being a rapist", it will be because they see an athletic piece of ass who is not enough of a thug to protect himself against rape.
Even Mike Tyson got raped in prison, so it might not be enough to be a bad ass either.

I have heard similar tales, but more along the lines that the "prison rape" thing is more about US prisons than UK ones.

As for rapists having to watch out, that isn't myth. Sex offenders are often segregated for a reason, although more hate goes towards paedos than "normal" rapists

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 21 Apr 2012 07:52

I've read enough true crime books to know that rapists and peados have to watch their back but more from being stabbed than raped

2170 posts