Racism in football (John Terry spin-off)

1181 posts
TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Racism in football (John Terry spin-off)

by TFF » 17 Oct 2012 23:09

Ideal When Bosnia came to Norway, they threw cellphones onto the pitch, seats, and they even set fire to the stand!
And we don't have that many black players in the team.

So yeah, I don't think racism is the main reason why countries like Bosnia and Serbia have this issue, it's basicly they're a bunch of savages who act total pcunts.
Bunch of thieving vandalizing gypos.

Beautifully done

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 17 Oct 2012 23:30

Danny Rose should be fined and banned for 8 matches for making monkey gestures

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 Oct 2012 00:12

No Fixed Abode Rose was rightly sent off imo. He incited more trouble by his actions. The Ref sent him off following the letter of the law. The ref has no power over the crowd.

TheMaraudingDog Lets hope Rose gets an adequate ban for his red.

who are ya? Danny Rose should be fined and banned for 8 matches for making monkey gestures

LOL

tryhards

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 18 Oct 2012 09:03

Ideal So yeah, I don't think racism is the main reason why countries like Bosnia and Serbia have this issue, it's basicly they're a bunch of savages who act total pcunts.
Bunch of thieving vandalizing gypos.

I sense a fine and 8 game ban coming your way....

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 19 Oct 2012 12:23

"It is not only racism, black and white, it is against all kinds of insults we still have in the stadiums. We must fight more against it." says Arsene Wenger.

Can I say "You're a twit, Roberts"?

Just wondered....................

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 19 Oct 2012 12:45

the FA is being a bit hypocritical here. Saying we'll boycott Serbia in future matches straight away, but it took forever to ban John Terry. Nothing done about Sordell claiming he's been racially abused at Millwall. Lazio fined £30,000 for racism, while Bendtner is fined £80,000 for showing branded pants. Where are the priorities?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Oct 2012 13:09

Gordons Cumming "It is not only racism, black and white, it is against all kinds of insults we still have in the stadiums. We must fight more against it." says Arsene Wenger.

Can I say "You're a twit, Roberts"?

Just wondered....................

Why do people have to insult anybody in order to enjoy a game of footbah? Remeber going to watch Tim Henman play at Wimbledon and don't recall many people screaming YOU USELESS F/CKIN BENDER TIM, F/CKIN DIE OF AIDS YOU F/CKIN C/NT very often. Everyone still seemed to have a good time.

Watched Ronnie O'Sulivan at the crucible too, don't think anyone was hollering YOUR MISSUS TAKES COCK UP HER SHITHOLE YOU F/CKIN TWAT, AND HER C/NT LOOKS LIKE PETE BURNS EATING A TURKEY'S NECK YOU F/CKIN COCKFULL ANUS. Was still a fun day out.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 19 Oct 2012 13:13

TFF
No Fixed Abode Rose was rightly sent off imo. He incited more trouble by his actions. The Ref sent him off following the letter of the law. The ref has no power over the crowd.

who are ya? Danny Rose should be fined and banned for 8 matches for making monkey gestures

LOL

tryhards

No surprise to see Huey, Dewey and Louie on the same bandwagon.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Oct 2012 13:21

3 veesinarow
TFF

LOL

tryhards

No surprise to see Huey, Dewey and Louie on the same bandwagon.

It's important to get the racists opinion on racism.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Oct 2012 13:57

gazzer, loyal royal the FA is being a bit hypocritical here. Saying we'll boycott Serbia in future matches straight away, but it took forever to ban John Terry. Nothing done about Sordell claiming he's been racially abused at Millwall. Lazio fined £30,000 for racism, while Bendtner is fined £80,000 for showing branded pants. Where are the priorities?

The FA couldn't do anything about Terry until legal proceedings had been completed. Nothing they could do about that really. They've dealt with the tribunal excellently in my view. They could easily have hidden behind the courts decision and said there wasn't enough evidence for the tribunal to go against the legal findings. That's what a lot of people expected, and they were under a lot of pressure from Terry and his legal team to drop the tribunal because of whatever rule it was they quoted but they stood firm and held him to account.

That is positive stuff from the FA if you ask me. They've not hidden from taking action and the tribunal they appointed have come to what I consider to be the right findings. They've even made it clear that they did what they did because they didn't believe the weak defence Chelsea, Terry and Cole put forward.

I'm not sure what's happening with the Sordell incident though as I've not read anything about it.

The UEFA fines for Lazio and Bendtner are out of the hands of the FA, and UEFA are an odd organisation at times anyway. I don't think you can really compare the two fines anyway because one is for a commercial arrangement and so had to be large enough to ensure the player didn't make money from breaching the rules or their wouldn't have been a deterrent for next time. Companies pay silly amounts for sponsorship of these major events. That money filters down to all sorts of parts of the game and if that sponsorship is devalued by ambush marketing then the sport suffers in the long run.

Should clubs and nations be hit harder for their fans misbehaviour? Probably yes. What more could Lazio do to control their away fans behaviour at another clubs ground? One could argue they couldn't do a lot. I'd still argue in favour of substantially bigger fines though.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 23 Oct 2012 09:32

The Federation of Black Players

:|

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 23 Oct 2012 09:49

soggy biscuit The Federation of Black Players

And apparently this will allow all players of ethnic background according to one of the items.

Sorry for being white in my own country :roll:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Oct 2012 09:52

Sounds like a '60s throw back doesn't it?

I do wonder if this generation really appreciate how far we've come and how much has been achieved by football, society and their footballing predecessors who really had to fight for their chances and put up with real discrimination.

I'm sure there's still issues that need addressing, but realistically you can't expect 100% of society to be free from racism as you can't expect 100% to be free of any other of societies ills.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 23 Oct 2012 10:25

As Chris Kamara said in his Goals on Sunday programme - "Black players have never had it so good."

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 23 Oct 2012 13:30

Lacoste

And apparently this will allow all players of ethnic background according to one of the items.

Sorry for being white in my own country :roll:

In everybody's country?

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 23 Oct 2012 16:55

Jason Roberts ‏@JasonRoberts30

I can confirm that I have not been involved in any talks over a separate Black Players Union. I will share my views very soon!

I am so sick of this racist sh*t now, Im beginning to think Jasons agent is telling him to keep playing the black card as the Beeb love equality and his media career will flourish

PBR

by PBR » 23 Oct 2012 17:44

and the award for Black Sports Personality of the Year goes to Jason Roberts

larry1971

by larry1971 » 23 Oct 2012 18:53

HoneyRoastHoax Jason Roberts ‏@JasonRoberts30

I can confirm that I have not been involved in any talks over a separate Black Players Union. I will share my views very soon!

I am so sick of this racist sh*t now, Im beginning to think Jasons agent is telling him to keep playing the black card as the Beeb love equality and his media career will flourish

can't agree with that when ever I've heard Jason, talking on BBC Radio Berkshire he comes across as an intelligent and articulate man who certainly desn't need to be told what he should and shouldn't say on the subject of race - when you have idiots like Sepp Blatter trivialising racism you can fully understand why black players are so angry and upset at what's happened over the last year and at the complete lack of guts by Fifa and Uefa to do anything about it. I've been watching football for over 30 years now and it's sad that we are even havng to talk about a seperate black players union as IMO it can only have a negative impact on the game.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Oct 2012 20:35

A Black Players union........

Way to take a massive backwards step in race relations you f*cking idiots :roll: :roll:

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 23 Oct 2012 20:43

I doubt it will happen. It's just some lawyer, the same lawyer who started the Black Police Federation banding the idea about.

1181 posts