Those Fake Hoops...

896 posts
Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Those Fake Hoops...

by Tredder » 20 Jan 2013 21:45

RFCSPACE
Jackson Corner God knows they were battered by West Ham. I have a horrible feeling they are going to buy there way out of trouble hope Im wrong.

I hope they buy and don't get out of trouble. Call in the administrators.

Jeez, there are some bobo's on here.

retro_royal

by retro_royal » 20 Jan 2013 21:55

Please explain what would happen if the owners decide to jump ship?

You have total blind faith in someone that used to have a season ticket at West Ham and that you know absolutely nothing about. You cling on like a desperate child that he's ran successful businesses, but so have the Venkys.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 20 Jan 2013 22:46

Tredder
RFCSPACE
Jackson Corner God knows they were battered by West Ham. I have a horrible feeling they are going to buy there way out of trouble hope Im wrong.

Oogadeeboogadobeeboo

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2013 11:28

Tredder
RFCSPACE

Not worried about financial fair play in the Championship if (when) you get relegated? Brighton are and they aren't even a tenth as batshit crazy with money as your lot.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 26 Jan 2013 16:28

Current losing 0-4 at home to MK Dons

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 26 Jan 2013 16:53

soggy biscuit Current losing 0-4 at home to MK Dons

Redknappy won't care but to lose so badly will hit confidence.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 26 Jan 2013 17:41

:lol: @ the fake hoops.

All that wasted money, sitting rock bottom of the league, out of the FA Cup.

Small time.

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 26 Jan 2013 19:03

LoyalRoyalFan :lol: @ the fake hoops.

All that wasted money, sitting rock bottom of the league, out of the FA Cup.

Small time.

:lol:

Oh wait :|

If we stay up and win the FA Cup, then you can :lol: all you like.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 26 Jan 2013 22:19

Tredder
RFCSPACE

What's a bobo?

Did Remy play today? Or was he spunking his 80 grand a week in Harrods?

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 27 Jan 2013 14:09

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21220778
Looks like their sugar daddy has a bitter taste in his mouth!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Jan 2013 14:25

I know Redknapp is not a popular figure on here but what other PL manager would lay into his own players like he did yesterday, calling their performance "disgusting".

I do like his brutal honesty. Very refreshing.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 27 Jan 2013 14:28

Go on Fernandes, pull the plug & let the firesale begin! Only a matter of time before he realises it just ain't worth the grief & attempts to recoup a fraction of what he's wasted thus far.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Good News for us from the Fake Hoops

by Reading4eva » 27 Jan 2013 15:23

BBC Sport QPR chairman Tony Fernandes says he will leave the club if he cannot "fix" their problems.

The R's are bottom of the Premier League and lost 4-2 at home to League One MK Dons in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Fernandes said on Twitter: "Many fans attacking me. Doing our best. As I said we won't stop trying.

"As I have said many times I take all responsibility and will face the music. Always spirit up. If can't fix it I will be first to go."

The Malaysian businessman took over QPR in August 2011 on their return to the Premier League.

In January 2012 he sacked Neil Warnock, the manager who led them to promotion, with the club sitting one place outside the relegation zone.

His replacement, Mark Hughes, kept them up on the final day of the season.

The former Wales boss was then sacked in November after the club failed to win any of their opening 12 Premier League games, with a large proportion of his 11 summer signings criticised.

Hughes was replaced by Harry Redknapp, with the former Tottenham boss implying he would not spend much money on transfers in January if they were adrift at the bottom of the table.

However Fernandes then allowed him to break the club record to sign striker Loic Remy from Marseille for £8m, with his wages believed to be £80,000 a week.

Remy missed the Dons defeat with a tight hamstring.

Basically in a nutshell. If we dont stay up, I'm fuking off! Harry looks to of done another team :lol: Great there new signing has a bit of a hamstring issue now isnt it

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Good News for us from the Fake Hoops

by MmmMonsterMunch » 27 Jan 2013 15:28

Why is it good news for us?

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 27 Jan 2013 15:30

Don't see anything honest in Redknapp - just covering his own arse and reputation by taking it out on the players he picked and the formation he chose. He would be more honest if he said that QPR didn't want to be in the Cup which is why he picked DJ Taylor and Bothroyd as his forward line (barely championship standard between them).

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 27 Jan 2013 15:32

Here we go, all too predictable. Still, they will be alright 'cos Tony Fernandes ran a successful airline :roll:
Last edited by Tony Le Mesmer on 27 Jan 2013 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 27 Jan 2013 15:36

Royal Rother I know Redknapp is not a popular figure on here but what other PL manager would lay into his own players like he did yesterday, calling their performance "disgusting".

I do like his brutal honesty. Very refreshing.

I just can't see what good can come of publicly critiscing players, give them a rocket behind closed doors. Only reason to do it as someone else says is to shift the blame from himself. Would loved to have seen Harry's pigeon neck tick going in to overdrive on the bench yesterday. Tactically clueloless.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Jan 2013 16:18

I think the standard prejudices against Harry are evident in recent posts.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 27 Jan 2013 21:16

I'm not a QPR apologist but they were really shit yesterday.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Jan 2013 11:12

Tony Fernandes says he will quit if QPR are relegated• Owner reacts to FA Cup humiliation by MK Dons
• Alan Smith savours belated return to the limelight

The Queens Park Rangers owner, Tony Fernandes, has said that he will leave the club if they are relegated from the Premier League this season. QPR suffered a humiliating defeat at home to Milton Keynes Dons in the FA Cup and are five points from safety at the bottom of the table.

The anger in the crowd – from those who remained until the bitter end, that is – was palpable and Fernandes, who bought the club in August 2011, is feeling the heat. Despite a vast expenditure on new players QPR have struggled and Harry Redknapp is the third manager they have employed since the takeover.

"Attendance was great," Fernandes said on Twitter. "Thanks to fans Everything worked. We will fix It. I'm still optimistic. Many fans attacking me. Doing our best.

"As I said we won't stop trying. As I have said many times I take all responsibility and will face the music. Always spirit up. If can't fix it I will be first to go."

Next up for QPR is the visit of Manchester City. "We will pick a different team on Tuesday," said Redknapp, who is hopeful Löic Rémy will be available after hamstring trouble.

Despite the mess at QPR this was undoubtedly the greatest day in MK Dons' short history. They had never reached the fifth round before and their veteran striker, Alan Smith, savoured every moment of a match in which they led 4-0 after 56 minutes. The 32-year-old was part of the Leeds side that reached the semi-finals of the Champions League in 2001 but said this victory rivalled that run.

"This one will be remembered as fondly as some of those results," Smith said. "Obviously it was not as spectacular as who you were playing against – they were all European giants. But it is a Premier League team who have spent a lot of money and we came and played good football. It is not as though we were backs to the wall. It proved how good we can be.

"It is one of the best results of my career. For a League One team to come to a Premier League team and be 4-0 up with 25 minutes to go … It was a strong QPR team as well. It was not as though they put young lads out as well or part of the reserve team – there were international players out there."

Smith is the same age as his manager but, while his career is drawing to a close, Karl Robinson's is in its infancy. The manager turned down an approach from Blackpool earlier this month and Smith believes he can go as far as he wants in the game.

"He plays a style of football that is very attractive to watch," Smith said. "People say we overplay and try to play too much for our division but everyone who comes to watch can see that everybody is confident on the ball and wants to play. We have brought some steel to the team and some characters and some winners – that is important.

"That is where Karl's coaching is first class. He has worked under some great managers and is doing a great job. Fingers crossed we can keep him because I am sure the vultures will be circling. It is difficult to keep a manager of that age and that quality."

Blackpool's offer was attractive but Robinson is trying to build something at MK Dons. Loyalty is important to him. "At this moment in time I'm in a good place personally," he said. "My family mean a lot to me. My dad had a heart attack last week and thankfully he's come over the back of that now. I think loyalty's a gift and I love the club that I work for and the group of players."

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes backtracks on quit comments

Fernandes has since tweeted: "Fantastic response from QPR fans. Good chat with Harry. I'm a fighter so if fans want me to stay I stay whatever happens. End of subject. Thank you all."

896 posts