Generic clubs in financial crisis Thread

5707 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Generic clubs in financial crisis Thread

by Uke » 29 Jul 2010 12:11

Ideal Canesten Dual Action Pessary and Cream Chelsea FC

No problem with that one as they're all stuck up cuNts...

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 29 Jul 2010 13:46

Uke
Ideal Canesten Dual Action Pessary and Cream Chelsea FC

No problem with that one as they're all stuck up cuNts...

Ba dum tsssshhhhh

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Jul 2010 12:44

An update on insolvency issues at various clubs, from John Beech http://footballmanagement.wordpress.com

Ashford Town (Kent): Today's the day of the administration hearing and a resolution (?) of the confrontation between Don Crosbie and Tony Betteridge, co-owners of the club - a critical day for the future of the club.

Bradford Park Avenue: The HMRC winding-up petition has been dismissed, presumably because the club cleared its debt. The sum involved was 'four figures'

Bromsgrove Rovers: The club have managed to reach agreement in principle to continue playing at their traditional home, the Victoria Ground, ground-sharing with new club Bromsgrove Sporting. There are still some terms and conditions to be agreed however.

Crawley Town: Big-spending Crawley Town had been facing an HMRC winding-up petition, but said that the bill had been paid a month previously. The petition was dismissed in court yesterday. Am I alone in thinking that something at
Crawley Town somehow just 'does not compute'?

Crystal Palace: The CVA has been agreed and it looks full steam ahead for the CPFC 2010 consortium to take over the club

Dorchester Town: The club had defaulted on one payment to HMRC, but have now been given a three-month reprieve, having renegotiated with HMRC Vice-chairman and club secretary David Martin made the interesting assertion that "Around one
third of Conference clubs have arrangements in place with Revenue & Customs".

Farnborough Town: The club's transfer embargo has been lifted by the FA, player payments having now been made.

Halesowen Town: The takeover by the Ingram brothers has finally been approved by the FA, but manager Matt Clarke has resigned following his suspension by the FA for a year, and captain Scott Rickards has also been suspended for six months.

Ilkeston Town: Yesterday the club was granted a 42-day extension to HMRC's winding-up petition. The main issue is GBP47,000 due for income tax and VAT; this dates from two years ago under previous owner Chet Whyte.

Portsmouth: Where to begin! The club is bereft of players for the coming season and, at the time of writing, have only 15 players, some of whom will leave during the transfer window, and none of whom is a goalkeeper. An eventful tour
of North America has just been completed, to the relief of all no doubt. The big crunch comes next Tuesday with the complex confrontation with HMRC over the CVA. Administrator Andrew Andronikou remains confident; I would have to say that I
think it is less clear cut.

Rushden & Diamonds: A winding-up petition brought by HMRC has now been withdrawn. Strategic director Helen Thompson had highlighted the massive overheads incurred in the running of the stadium.

Sheffield Wednesday: The club is due in court on 11 August over GBP550,000 debt to HMRC, but accuse, rather unhelpfully, HMRC of 'disproportionate action'. Much will depend on the club's bank holding firm in their support.

Southend United: Next of the club's increasing regular appearances in court against HMRC is due next Monday. Chairman Ron Martin has been uncharacteristically silent over this latest turn in events.

Skyline

by Skyline » 30 Jul 2010 13:00

Dirk Gently An update on insolvency issues at various clubs, from John Beech http://footballmanagement.wordpress.com

Crawley Town: Big-spending Crawley Town had been facing an HMRC winding-up petition, but said that the bill had been paid a month previously. The petition was dismissed in court yesterday. Am I alone in thinking that something at

Colleague of mine is a Cambridge United fan and he's been saying for some time that the situation at Crawley looks distinctly dodgy

No mention of Cardiff City on that list - omission, or have I missed something and their 11th August court date is no longer on?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Jul 2010 13:05

Skyline
Dirk Gently An update on insolvency issues at various clubs, from John Beech http://footballmanagement.wordpress.com

Colleague of mine is a Cambridge United fan and he's been saying for some time that the situation at Crawley looks distinctly dodgy

I though Crawley were clear of tehir problems now they'd got rid of the very dodgy Majid brothers - who managed to fail the F&PPT, which is quite an achievement in itself. They were is deep shite, with multiple small pints deductions, but had seemed to be clear of all that.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 30 Jul 2010 13:14

Dirk Gently
Skyline Colleague of mine is a Cambridge United fan and he's been saying for some time that the situation at Crawley looks distinctly dodgy

I though Crawley were clear of tehir problems now they'd got rid of the very dodgy Majid brothers - who managed to fail the F&PPT, which is quite an achievement in itself. They were is deep shite, with multiple small pints deductions, but had seemed to be clear of all that.

No surprise that Steve Evans, the guy who eventually took Boston United to the brink after their relegation back to the Conference, is their manager - the self-proclaimed "BlueSquare Special One". And they've been really splashing the cash this summer...

Skyline

by Skyline » 03 Aug 2010 13:22

Cardiff's transfer embargo is causing them problems:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8875379.stm

TBF to Dave Jones you can understand where he's coming from, only having one full-time keeper and the others on loan.

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 03 Aug 2010 14:16

Just put £20-00 on Pompey to be relegated at 2/1.

Checked before hand that if they dont make it till the end of the season its a winner and if they dont start the season its a non-runner and money back.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 03 Aug 2010 14:23

No judgement will be made until Thursday apparently......

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 03 Aug 2010 15:11

Has there been any speculation about Ipswich?

This Marcus Evans chap is ostensibly a multi-millionaire and Ipswich signed a lot of players last season.
I've had a search of his assets and he has hardly anything in the UK, its all in opaque Cayman Islands companies whose accounts you can't see.

His companies' business is corporate hospitality. Something that has dried up almost completely over the past 2 years.

Not a surprise to see ipswich scratching around cheap signings this time then, but that wagebills possibly quite high.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Aug 2010 15:43

Z175 Has there been any speculation about Ipswich?

This Marcus Evans chap is ostensibly a multi-millionaire and Ipswich signed a lot of players last season.
I've had a search of his assets and he has hardly anything in the UK, its all in opaque Cayman Islands companies whose accounts you can't see.

His companies' business is corporate hospitality. Something that has dried up almost completely over the past 2 years.

Not a surprise to see ipswich scratching around cheap signings this time then, but that wagebills possibly quite high.

Would this be the same Ipswich Town FC currently sniffing around Michael Chopra and considering a £3m bid? I wonder how that works out.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Aug 2010 16:51

Terminal Boardom
Z175 Has there been any speculation about Ipswich?

Would this be the same Ipswich Town FC currently sniffing around Michael Chopra and considering a £3m bid? I wonder how that works out.

Club desperate for "cash" (projected income) do not care about purchaser's problem....

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 Aug 2010 12:01

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 919925.stm

Craig Bellamy will join Cardiff City on loan on Tuesday, the BBC understands.

A news conference is set to be held later in the day to confirm the Championship club's capture of the Manchester City striker.

Bellamy spent Monday in talks with an unnamed club and had been given permission to train with Cardiff.

:|

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 17 Aug 2010 12:44

Sums it up really. From Winding up orders to paying a good chuck of 80odd grand a week.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 17 Aug 2010 13:13

So I take it Cardiff's transfer embargo has been lifted? Presumably also Man city are still paying about 95% of Bellamy's wages?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Aug 2010 13:16

They probably are as this seems to be a case of them going "Na Na - you can't have him to the rest of the Premier League"

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 01 Nov 2010 15:18

Dundee deducted 25 points.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth are now doing just fine after effectively being deducted 0.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 01 Nov 2010 15:38

Tony Le Mesmer Dundee deducted 25 points.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth are now doing just fine after effectively being deducted 0.

One rule for some, another for others. Double standards.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Nov 2010 15:43

Kitson12

Different countries and league systems/rules.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 01 Nov 2010 18:08

Stranded
Kitson12

Different countries and league systems/rules.

Different Countries? No.

Salisbury have been dumped 2 leagues for nothing compared to Pompey.

5707 posts