Non - League thread 2009/10

725 posts
Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Non - League thread 2009/10

by Tredder » 21 Oct 2009 10:47

Alan Partridge
Royal Rother I shall look forward to it. Torturing yourself at Loftus Road instead? :|

Quite possibly, I haven't seen RFC for a while (blessing) I almost need to see them for myself to see how shit it's got.

on a scale of 0-shit?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 21 Oct 2009 10:47

Tredder
Alan Partridge
Royal Rother I shall look forward to it. Torturing yourself at Loftus Road instead? :|

Quite possibly, I haven't seen RFC for a while (blessing) I almost need to see them for myself to see how shit it's got.

on a scale of 0-shit?

-8 m8

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 24 Oct 2009 00:31

Some 'Local' clubs NL games - for those who can't wait for the agony that may be Mon eve: :?

FA CUP 4th Round

Hendon v Woking
Farnborough v Salisbury City
Hayes & Yeading v Staines
Hampton & Richmond v Sutton Utd

... I'm probably off to Tooting & Mitcham v Eastbourne Boro - though its looking a bit wet 'n horrible out there tonight - forecast is cr@p for tomorrow too I think.

CONF-S
Basingstoke Town v Weymouth
Maidenhead United v Weston Super Mare

ISTHMIAN 1 South
Fleet Town v Horsham YMCA

SOUTH1M
Marlow v Sutton Coldfield Town
Slough Town v Stourport Swifts
SOUTH1SW
Abingdon United v Thatcham Town
Hungerford Town v Bracknell Town
Windsor & Eton v North Leigh

CCL Prem
Ash United v Dorking
Chertsey Town v Sandhurst Town
Chessington & Hook United v Camberley Town
CCL One
Eversley v Worcester Pk
Hartley Wintney v Croydon Municipal

Hellenic Prem
Ascot United v Kidlington
Flackwell Heath v Almondsbury Town
Hook Norton v Reading Town
Wantage Town v Fairford Town
Witney United v Shrivenham
HELL1 East
Finchampstead v Woodley Town
Henley Town v Eton Wick
Holyport v Thame United
Newbury v Wokingham & Emmbrook
Penn & Tylers Green v Kintbury Rangers
WESSEX 1
AFC Aldermaston v Verwood Town
Amesbury v Tadley
Fleet Spurs v Hythe & Dibden

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 24 Oct 2009 03:10

How much is it to get in at Reading Town these days?

Swaying between Reading Town (location), Maidenhead (ground), Wimbledon(baaaa!) or Farnborough (nostalgia) as an adopted team.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Oct 2009 08:35

Stooper How much is it to get in at Reading Town these days?

Swaying between Reading Town (location), Maidenhead (ground), Wimbledon(baaaa!) or Farnborough (nostalgia) as an adopted team.
Reading Town £6 (free programme and kids get in for free). All beers and ciders were only £2 per pint last week.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Oct 2009 17:27

Windsor & Eton 3-1 North Leigh

Poor 1st half from W&E going in 1 down but a cracking 2nd half when we could have got another 2 or 3. Still undefeated in the League.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 24 Oct 2009 18:27

Attended a goalless affair between Maidenhead Utd and Andy Gurney managed Weston Super Ted today. Maidenhead had won their previous four rather comfortably, so it was too much to ask for another. I have been to 10 Maidenhead league games and not once seen them win, and only score once, and today didn't disappoint.

A scrappy affair with a ridiculous booking in the first 30 seconds, WSM sat back and played on the counter and did so rather effectively. Utd should have had a penalty after 30 or so minutes, but both linesman and referee, well I can't say they failed to spot it as it was as obvious as the WSM no.5's hair, instead bottled it and didn't give a spot kick for not just one but two men chopping down the Maidenhead striker on the byline. On half time Utd hit the bar, and in the 2nd half had two one-on-one's saved by the WSM keeper (who incidentally made a pre-slimline Paddy Kenny look like he had anorexia).

Not a great game, WSM deserved a point for their honest endeavour and defensive display, well marshalled by their no.5 who was comfortable throughout and on that display better than Conference South level. That said, Maidenhead will be disappointed not to take all three points against a team who, honestly speaking, showed precious little ambition or quality up front.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 24 Oct 2009 21:37

... and the rest of the scores ...

FA CUP 4th Round

Hendon v Woking 0-5
Farnborough v Salisbury City 0-0
Hayes & Yeading v Staines 0-1
Hampton & Richmond v Sutton Utd 1-3 :shock:

...a few other notable results in the Cup

Aylesbury 2-4 Wealdstone
Dover 3-5 Eastleigh
Paulton 3-0 Chippenham

CONF-S
Basingstoke Town v Weymouth 2-1 - following up their good win @ Dover

ISTHMIAN 1 South
Fleet Town v Horsham YMCA 2-0

SOUTH1M
Marlow v Sutton Coldfield Town 2-4
Slough Town v Stourport Swifts 3-2
Soham Town v Burnham 1-1
SOUTH1SW
Abingdon United v Thatcham Town 2-1
Hungerford Town v Bracknell Town 2-1

CCL Prem
Ash United v Dorking 2-0
Chertsey Town v Sandhurst Town 2-1
Chessington & Hook United v Camberley Town 1-2
CCL One
Eversley v Worcester Pk 0-0
Hartley Wintney v Croydon Municipal 4-4

Hellenic Prem
Ascot United v Kidlington 1-7 :(
Flackwell Heath v Almondsbury Town 0-1
Hook Norton v Reading Town 0-4
Wantage Town v Fairford Town 1-1
Witney United v Shrivenham 2-0
HELL1 East
Finchampstead v Woodley Town 2-2
Henley Town v Eton Wick 0-4
Holyport v Thame United 3-3
Newbury v Wokingham & Emmbrook 1-5
Penn & Tylers Green v Kintbury Rangers 3-0
WESSEX 1
AFC Aldermaston v Verwood Town 0-2
Amesbury v Tadley 1-5
Fleet Spurs v Hythe & Dibden 4-0

... in the end the wet weather and the missus' 'request' that I get back in time for her to get to the Gym :? - meant I 'bottled out' of the Tooting vs Eastbourne Cup tie - typical - ended 3-3 - four of the goals after 87 mins :roll: and instead dashed down a relatively empty M4 to Corsham vs Sherborne - just the other side of Chippenham - not a bad 2nd half - home side got their first win of the season.
I was back home by 18:15 - actually at jn 11 by 17:50 f*(£!^$ roadworks! - only to discover she had temporarily 'mislaid' her trainers and decided not to go out after all! :x

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 28 Oct 2009 00:53

Maidenhead beated 2-1 at home tonight by Dorchester, a side who had lost all seven of thier previous away games this season.

Maidenhead started slowly and were two down inside nine minutes before i'd even finished my Mr Cod but could of got back in the game with a farcical decision for a penalty followed up by one of the worst takings of a pen i've even seen. The 2nd half Maiders had plenty of efforts, getting back into the game with about twenty minutes to go but kept putting the ball the wrong side of the post to get the point they probably would of deserved.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 28 Oct 2009 14:43

Compo's Hat Maidenhead beated 2-1 at home tonight by Dorchester, a side who had lost all seven of thier previous away games this season.

Maidenhead started slowly and were two down inside nine minutes before i'd even finished my Mr Cod but could of got back in the game with a farcical decision for a penalty followed up by one of the worst takings of a pen i've even seen. The 2nd half Maiders had plenty of efforts, getting back into the game with about twenty minutes to go but kept putting the ball the wrong side of the post to get the point they probably would of deserved.

Right, that's it. I've had enough Compo.

Would HAVE!!! Would HAVE!!! Would HAVE!!!!!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 29 Oct 2009 10:09

Fairly quiet Midweek on the NL front - and those other clubs local to us that did play had mixed (mostly poor) fortunes:

in the Conf South - defeat also for Basingstoke 0-2 @ Bromley

...elsewhere surprising defeats for the top three: Newport 0-1 @ Staines, Dover 0-2 at home to Woking & Thurrock 1-3 @ Braintree - H&R got a point @ Eastleigh.
'stoke drop to fifth behind the 'Cards'.

Farnborough go out of the FA Cup losing 2-4 @ Salisbury City and following the 3-3 draw between Tooting & M and Eastbourne on Sat, Tuesday's replay saw a further 7 goals shared with the Isthmian underdogs winning in ET and earning an away trip to Stockport.

There were very few league games taking place - and the Zamaretto Southern had a full round of League Cup games :-

Abingdon Utd 0-2 Supermarine
Beaconsfield 0-4 Thatcham
Bedfont G 2-0 Bracknell
Burnham 2-4 Leighton
Diddy 1-2 Banbury
Hungerford 0-2 Woodford
Sluff 1-2 Chesham
Uxbridge 2-4 Marlow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
... looking ahead to this Sat 31st - another round of the FA Trophy sees:

Croydon Athletic v Burnham - may try this one - but likely to 'bottle' the journey again like I did last week :? - hate going around and inside the M25 - and this one's at least 12 miles along cr@ppy 'Outer Lahnden' roads.

... other 'local' sides still involved:-
Boreham Wood v Slough Town
Fleet Town v Ramsgate
Bashley v Marlow
Farnborough v Burgess Hill Town
Truro City v Thatcham
Yate Town v Hungerford Town

CONF South
Newport v Basingstoke
H&R v Maidenhead
Woking v Braintree

Southern League games @
Prem: Leamington v Didcot
One SW: Bedfont G v VT FC
One SW: Mangotsfield v Windsor & E

Combined Counties Prem
Camberley Town v Chertsey Town
Cove v Wembley
Sandhurst Town v Bookham

Hellenic Prem
Wantage v Binfield
Hellenic One East
Thame v Milton

Wessex One
Tadley v Downton

... the rest of our 'lower level' NL clubs are involved in County/League Cup ties - and those w/o lights ## should start kicking off at 14:00 ish from now on - possibly needs checking with the club first.
... the following are at home
## Eton Wick, Finchampstead, Wokkers, Woodley T

and those with lights:
Ascot (vs Reading Town) , Holyport

...hope you stayed awake through all that! :P

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 29 Oct 2009 17:33

handbags_harris
Compo's Hat Maidenhead beated 2-1 at home tonight by Dorchester, a side who had lost all seven of thier previous away games this season.

Right, that's it. I've had enough Compo.

Would HAVE!!! Would HAVE!!! Would HAVE!!!!!

Meh!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 31 Oct 2009 22:24

Results 31/10/09
Croydon Athletic v Burnham 1-1 - went to this - bit dull - sides cancelled each other out - fairly miserable uninspired crawl of a journey through Sarf Lahnden suburbia - least the drive home was happier after the Ricoh result! :D
Boreham Wood v Slough Town 3-2
Fleet Town v Ramsgate 0-2
Bashley v Marlow 2-1
Farnborough v Burgess Hill Town 5-2
Truro City v Thatcham 4-1
Yate Town v Hungerford Town 1-1 replay Tue night

CONF South
Newport v Basingstoke 1-0
H&R v Maidenhead 4-0
Woking v Braintree 0-0

Dorchester 1-3 Dover
Thurrock 1-2 Staines

Southern League
Prem: Leamington v Didcot 3-5
One SW: Bedfont G v VT FC 3-4
One SW: Mangotsfield v Windsor & E 0-4

Combined Counties Prem
Camberley Town v Chertsey Town 3-1
Cove v Wembley 2-0
Sandhurst Town v Bookham 1-0

Hellenic Prem
Wantage v Binfield 1-1 - admirable point for the 'Moles' at the 'Freds'
Hellenic One East
Thame v Milton 1-2 - first league defeat of the season for Thame
Hellenic League Challenge Cup
Ascot 1-5 Reading Town
Eton Wick 5-0 Kintbury
Finchampstead 3-1 Highworth - bit of a shock vs higher opposition
Holyport 4-1 Easington Sports
Marlow Utd 3-1 Newbury
Wokkers 3-0 Hook Norton
Woodley T 3-1 Diddy Res.

Wessex One
Andover New Street 5-1 AFC Aldermaston - still no points for Aldermaston
Tadley v Downton 1-0

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 01 Nov 2009 00:25

Hodgey hat trick

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 01 Nov 2009 11:20

Tredder Hodgey hat trick

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I had very enjoyable afternoon down at Woodley Town, £2 for a programme and no other price. 3-1 deseved win for the homeside.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 01 Nov 2009 14:37

AndyRFC
I had very enjoyable afternoon down at Woodley Town, £2 for a programme and no other price. 3-1 deseved win for the homeside.

Out of interest what are the 'facilities' like at East Park Farm - is it just a roped/barriered pitch and little else?

Do they have a tea-bar?

Do they have any plans to try and develop it further?

I understand their 'social' hub is the Wee Waif......

... feel obliged to go soon as its my closest ground. :|

Wonder what a club like this would do if the FA get their way at the end of the season and expel all 'non-lit' clubs @ STEP06 ?
I'm sure the Hellenic league authorities would try and resist this anyway - they'd lose half of their current sides in West & East and be left with a vast Div One 'footprint' that was economically & geographically unviable, as well as depending upon additional Reserve sides to make up a sensible complement.

On that subject, was anyone else aware that Wokingham & Emmbrook are (rumoured to be :? ) investigating a groundshare away from Cantley, should they win Div One East this season?
Logically this would probably have to be Stubbs La [Binfield] or Larges La [Bracknell] ?

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 01 Nov 2009 19:44

Not much down at East Park Farm, I walked down from Twyfers and arrived about 10 before kick off. theres is 2 pitches and they play on the closest one to the Park Lane road. One side is fenced off and the rest is roped off.

They provided a brief programme at £2, and that was all. The facilities are basically just the changing rooms, however they did provide a 'Tea Table'.

Woodley started the better, had 2 great chances before the centre half slipped and let Diddy in for 0-1. A debatable pen leveled the scores, I cant think how the 2nd Woodley goal went in, but the third was an error from the defender who's header didnt reach the goalie and it was looped into the net by the centre forward

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 01 Nov 2009 19:48

AndyRFC Not much down at East Park Farm, I walked down from Twyfers and arrived about 10 before kick off. theres is 2 pitches and they play on the closest one to the Park Lane road. One side is fenced off and the rest is roped off.

They provided a brief programme at £2, and that was all. The facilities are basically just the changing rooms, however they did provide a 'Tea Table'.

Woodley started the better, had 2 great chances before the centre half slipped and let Diddy in for 0-1. A debatable pen leveled the scores, I cant think how the 2nd Woodley goal went in, but the third was an error from the defender who's header didnt reach the goalie and it was looped into the net by the centre forward

Remembered the rest of the questions, dont know of any further developments down at EPF, there is room there though to maybe think about a social club or more :) The team "drink" down at the Bull and Chequers at Woodley, not so sure about the Wee Waif!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 02 Nov 2009 00:32

AndyRFC The team "drink" down at the Bull and Chequers at Woodley, not so sure about the Wee Waif!

... probably me just mixing up Woodley Pubs - been in a few but not very often and not for quite a while - thought I'd read somewhere that the 'WW' was their choice for after-match 'hospitality' cos its the nearest?

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 02 Nov 2009 15:24

Four Of Clubs
AndyRFC The team "drink" down at the Bull and Chequers at Woodley, not so sure about the Wee Waif!

... probably me just mixing up Woodley Pubs - been in a few but not very often and not for quite a while - thought I'd read somewhere that the 'WW' was their choice for after-match 'hospitality' cos its the nearest?

Only been the nearest since moving to EPF, but their true roots are down the B&C, certain it is as it was in their programme

725 posts