Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by soggy biscuit » 18 Jun 2013 10:10

All this story needs now is Gazza to turn up with a chicken and a fishing rod

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 18 Jun 2013 10:21

Uke
reading_fan I thought I heard on SSN this morning that although NUFC haven't confirmed him, it was announced on the Sports Direct website?

That's really putting the boot in...

And you didn't http://www.sportsdirect.com/

Shaun Custis was on doing "morning papers" with SSN this morning and definitely said it'd had been confirmed on the SD website. Whether it's actually true or not re: confirmation looks unlikely.

Still LOLing at the first 4 lines of his old interview btw :lol:

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 18 Jun 2013 10:22

Full transcript of his interview last night

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343667/Joe-Kinnear-Read-transcript-talkSPORT-interview.html

I do like 'Shola Amamobi is getting better and better and is only a young kid'

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Jun 2013 10:56

:lol: He's 31

Twin Lake

by Twin Lake » 18 Jun 2013 11:07

TBM :lol: He's 31

The brilliant part of that is he is supposedly speaking about Sammy Ameobi.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 18 Jun 2013 11:10

Twin Lake
TBM :lol: He's 31

The brilliant part of that is he is supposedly speaking about Sammy Ameobi.

You mean Sammy Amamobi?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jun 2013 11:22

Yohan Kebab :lol:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Jun 2013 11:52

To all the Newcastle fans who don't do this decision then shall I bring Lambezi [sic] back? What do you want, what do they want? i heard that silly comment what can I attract. I can open the door to any footbll manager in the world, anyone. That's the difference. I spend my whole life, picking up the phone, talking to Alex Ferguson, week in, week out, what would you do, what would you do? Pick the phone up at any time of day and speak to Arsene Wenger. I can pick the phone up and speak to any manager in the league, any manager in all divisions. So I don't know what angle they've got. If they want to sit down and argue with me, some of them are talking out their backsides, a load of tosh and I'm not accepting it. It's as simple as that. I've certainly got more intelligence than them, that's for sure.

Definitely not right in the head

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 18 Jun 2013 12:10

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFCOfficial 2m
#NUFC can confirm that Joe Kinnear has been appointed as the Club's new Director of Football on three-year deal

lol

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jun 2013 12:14

Yohan's wife Donna isn't going to be very happy about that.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Jun 2013 12:31

I spend my whole life, picking up the phone, talking to Alex Ferguson, week in, week out, what would you do, what would you do? Pick the phone up at any time of day and speak to Arsene Wenger

Voices in head =/= real life

Joe Kinnear was recently spotted drawing up his tactical masterplan

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Jun 2013 12:37

Simon's Church Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFCOfficial 2m
#NUFC can confirm that Joe Kinnear has been appointed as the Club's new Director of Football on three-year deal

lol

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130618 ... 70_3212997

Newcastle United have appointed Joe Kinnear as the Club's new Director of Football on a three-year deal.
Joe will report directly to the club's Board as the senior executive in charge of all football-related matters. Chief scout Graham Carr and manager Alan Pardew will report into Joe.
Managing Director Derek Llambias said: "The board are pleased to welcome Joe back to the club. Joe has many years of experience working within the game, and this experience will be of great benefit to the Club in achieving our objectives over the coming seasons."
Joe Kinnear first arrived at United in September 2008, initially as Interim Manager, following the departure of Kevin Keegan.

Joe had previously had a successful seven-year management spell with Wimbledon and as a player enjoyed a fine ten-year career with Tottenham, during which time he won 26 Republic of Ireland caps.

The Grauniad said one of the reasons for the delay in the announcement was that NUFC were having trouble getting statements from Pards and Carr to say how pleased they are with the appointment, massive opportunity, etc...

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 18 Jun 2013 12:47

Countdown to Joe Kinnear being caretaker manager starts now

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 18 Jun 2013 13:22

A welcome return to the days of Sid James Park is about to ensue! :lol:

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 18 Jun 2013 13:58

FRom the ever excellent Mediawatch on F365:

Line By Line
Joe Kinnear might be unwell. We might be dreadful people for laughing at him. But, as Newcastle have apparently given him a job that would seem to indicate all/most of his mental faculties are there, it's OK to mock him.

Kinnear spoke to SHOUTsport on Monday evening. You'll almost certainly be aware of this, and you may have listened to the whole thing, shifting uncomfortably in your seat while doing so.

If not, there are a few bits we'd like to highlight. The italics are Kinnear's comments, the following text is what we'd like to call 'reality'.

"Derek Llambezee was the director of football. Derek has resigned now."
He's talking about Derek Llambias, who according to The Daily Telegraph, is Newcastle's managing director and has never been director of football.

"Where have these people been - have they been on another planet? I have played in five cup finals, I have won the lot. I had over 400 games for Tottenham Hotspur, been manager of the year three times. I have travelled all over the world as a manager."
Kinnear was LMA manager of the year once, in 1994. He has received several manager of the month awards, and perhaps he has his own personal manager of the year award that he dishes out every year. In which case, it's very modest to only have given it to himself three times. Oh, and by 'travelled all over the world as a manager', he means 'I managed India in 1984 and Nepal in 1987.'

"That's the people up there or the people round that area that I have upset and they have a grudge so I expect it. It's water off a duck's arse."
Actually, when the water has travelled off the duck's back, it probably will reach the arse, so we'll give him that one.

"I bought Dean Holdsworth for 50 grand - sold him for £3m. I sold John Scales for £3m - he was a free transfer. I sold Robbie Earle for x, y, z."
Holdsworth was bought for £650,000. Scales cost £70,000 and was signed five years before Kinnear joined Wimbledon. Robbie Earle retired at Wimbledon a year after Kinnear left.

"I think they've got some magnificent midfield players: Tiote. Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab..."
No comment.

"I mean this is a side I haven't had privilege to be with - a lot of players still there that were there when I was still there - I brought Krul to the club and I think he's a terrific goalkeeper."
Tim Krul was recruited from ADO Den Haag in 2006. Kinnear arrived at Newcastle in 2008.

"A lot of players still there that were there when I was still there...Perch is still there."
Perch was bought in the summer of 2010, some 18 months after Kinnear left the first time.

"Shola Amamobi is getting better and better, he's a young kid. Galteirez, and of course a lot of other players."
Getting the names of your own players right probably isn't that important. Oh, and Shola Ameobi is 31. He probably means his younger brother, Sammy.

"I don't know what angle they've got. If they want to sit down and argue with me, some of them are talking out their backsides, a load of tosh and I'm not accepting it. It's as simple as that. I've certainly got more intelligence than them, that's for sure."
This was in response to the question: 'Is there anything you would like to say to the Newcastle fans who perhaps don't back this decision?'

It's probably all going to be fine.

and

Ambition
Incidentally, among all that bullsh*t Kinnear also scoffed at the idea that he might be after Alan Pardew's job, that this was just a stepping stone to the big chair.

He said: "Now this job come up, which I thought was a fairly responsible job, but already they are jumping on the bandwagon 'Oh watch out Pardo, watch out', but that's the snidey press."

Of course, there might be reasons why that people are jumping to that conclusion. Reasons like this interview, given by Kinnear in June 2012, quoted in The Times this morning:

"I would consider something like a director of football post. But I would do that for just one reason and that is to get myself back into full-time management. If I was a director of football and the manager was struggling and got the old tin-tack, I would tell them that I'd take over."

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 18 Jun 2013 14:59

Maxwell Couldnt Swim

by Maxwell Couldnt Swim » 18 Jun 2013 15:05

LOLS

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Jun 2013 20:58

NUFC just can't help it can they........oh dear!

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 19 Jun 2013 08:56

Italian media claim Fabio Capello will be confirmed as new PSG manager today.

Also means footballs worst kept secret of Ancelotti to Real Madrid can finally go through

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 19 Jun 2013 09:22

:shock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22965509

Kinnear can see into the future

8837 posts