The footballer gets arrested thread

2170 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The footballer gets arrested thread

by NathStPaul » 10 Feb 2022 09:58

Uke
NathStPaul We don't eat cats though. Cats are a domesticated animal who we associate with being our pet so there is of course a lot more feeling towards them when there is mistreatment or out and out cruelty. You're right in what you are saying to a degree, all animals should have proper treatment but there rightly or wrongly is a dissociation between our domestic pets and our food, it is uncomfortable for meat eaters to think about where their hamburger came from or what conditions the lamb lived in whilst eating a Sunday roast.

Aren’t cats supposed to taste like chicken?

There’s probably a pussy joke there too

Would imagine it is more like rabbit. Wouldn't be unwilling to try cat, very few meats I wouldn't eat.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Feb 2022 10:01

NathStPaul
Uke
NathStPaul We don't eat cats though. Cats are a domesticated animal who we associate with being our pet so there is of course a lot more feeling towards them when there is mistreatment or out and out cruelty. You're right in what you are saying to a degree, all animals should have proper treatment but there rightly or wrongly is a dissociation between our domestic pets and our food, it is uncomfortable for meat eaters to think about where their hamburger came from or what conditions the lamb lived in whilst eating a Sunday roast.

Aren’t cats supposed to taste like chicken?

There’s probably a pussy joke there too

Would imagine it is more like rabbit. Wouldn't be unwilling to try cat, very few meats I wouldn't eat.

There’s probably a cock joke there too

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Feb 2022 13:29

:lol:

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 10 Feb 2022 16:41

Zouma's brother Yoan suspended by Dagenham and Redbridge for his part in the cat kicking video (filming) and won't play for them again until the RSPCA investigation is finalised

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Feb 2022 16:57

cool. Suspend him for filming kicking some crappy cat whilst we happily maim, torture and kill billions of animals every year (whilst wrecking the planet) because some people quite like the taste of meat. Nice one RSPCA/society in general.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Feb 2022 17:04

Hound cool. Suspend him for filming kicking some crappy cat whilst we happily maim, torture and kill billions of animals every year (whilst wrecking the planet) because some people quite like the taste of meat. Nice one RSPCA/society in general.

If Kurt Zouma said eat this chicken or I'll kick another cat, what would you do?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Feb 2022 17:26

Let him kick the cat obviously

He clearly gets pleasure out of kicking cats same way as you might out of eating a steak. And I’m not going to stop you, just pointing out the inconsistency

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Feb 2022 17:54

You're a monster.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 11 Feb 2022 08:37

Hound cool. Suspend him for filming kicking some crappy cat whilst we happily maim, torture and kill billions of animals every year (whilst wrecking the planet) because some people quite like the taste of meat. Nice one RSPCA/society in general.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Feb 2022 08:52

Hound Let him kick the cat obviously

He clearly gets pleasure out of kicking cats same way as you might out of eating a steak. And I’m not going to stop you, just pointing out the inconsistency

I’m with you Hound.

If you took a vote of small animals they’d say the cat deserved it.

If you took a vote of cats they’d probably say the cat deserved it. Cats hate other cats.

If you took a vote of dogs etc etc.

Face it - cats are cnuts.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Feb 2022 09:26

leon
Hound Let him kick the cat obviously

I’m with you Hound.

If you took a vote of small animals they’d say the cat deserved it.

If you took a vote of cats they’d probably say the cat deserved it. Cats hate other cats.

If you took a vote of dogs etc etc.

Face it - cats are cnuts.

indeed. they are one of my least favourite animals. Stupid little things.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Feb 2022 09:28

LWJ

that burger looks proper rank. Tastes like shit, block your arteries putting you well on the way to obesity and/or diabetes, used a ton of resources and killed a couple of creatures for the sake of it. Well done.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Feb 2022 09:31

Hound
LWJ

that burger looks proper rank. Tastes like shit, block your arteries putting you well on the way to obesity and/or diabetes, used a ton of resources and killed a couple of creatures for the sake of it. Well done.

How long have you been vegan for? Is there anything you miss eating?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 11 Feb 2022 09:46

Hound
LWJ

All your opinion, what you're entitled too. But no one wants to listen to your soapbox bullshit.

I will continue to eat meat. Whilst loving animals and thinking Zouma is a cnut. Both can be done, regardless of what you think.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Feb 2022 09:48

not really. Meat is massively over rated, though did quite like fish. Missed milk a bit at first.

Been about 5 years I think. I'm pretty relaxed by it all to be honest, and no doubts have eaten stuff with animal products in/had leather trainers and stuff in that time. So more follow a plant based diet than a vegan. And i actually only started doing that to see if it made me better at sport.

But the outcry over this cat thing wound me up. People being outraged by it yet happy to accept and facilitate far far worse things done every day to far superior creatures than a rubbish cat.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Feb 2022 09:49

LWJ
Hound
LWJ

All your opinion, what you're entitled too. But no one wants to listen to your soapbox bullshit.

I will continue to eat meat. Whilst loving animals and thinking Zouma is a cnut. Both can be done, regardless of what you think.

Would you rather give up meat, or let Kurt Zouma kick your dog/cat?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Feb 2022 09:50

LWJ
Hound
LWJ

What a crap attitude that is. Not preaching to anyone, just giving a few facts. How honestly can you call yourself an animal lover and yet eat farmed meat though? Do you know what they do to animals in farms even before they are killed? Seriously read up a bit on its, its all out there.

Your basically saying Zouma is a pcunt for kicking a cat for his pleasure, but its fine for someone else to give a similar creature an entire horrific shortened life before being killed for your pleasure.

Eat meat fine - at least own the process. Its far worse than kicking a cat, believe me.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 11 Feb 2022 10:12

Hound
What a crap attitude that is. Not preaching to anyone, just giving a few facts. How honestly can you call yourself an animal lover and yet eat farmed meat though? Do you know what they do to animals in farms even before they are killed? Seriously read up a bit on its, its all out there.

Your basically saying Zouma is a pcunt for kicking a cat for his pleasure, but its fine for someone else to give a similar creature an entire horrific shortened life before being killed for your pleasure.

Eat meat fine - at least own the process. Its far worse than kicking a cat, believe me.

If you can't comprehend the difference between animals that are bred for food or domesticated pets then that's your crap attitude. It's not like for like. I am quite happy to pick which animals I choose to love.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Feb 2022 10:52

Yeah, Hound, not sure anyone needs to 'own' animal slaughter to enjoy a burger, just because they object to Zouma drop-kicking his cat.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Feb 2022 11:55

Sanguine Yeah, Hound, not sure anyone needs to 'own' animal slaughter to enjoy a burger, just because they object to Zouma drop-kicking his cat.

I disagree but there you go. There is simply no logic that says kicking a cat (for our pleasure) is outrageous but horrendous farming practices so we can eat meat (for our pleasure) is ok.
Last edited by Hound on 11 Feb 2022 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

2170 posts