The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8889 posts
yappy

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by yappy » 23 Jun 2013 21:50

Not the first time I've heard about a manager finding out he'd been sacked via the media, rather than the club itself.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Jun 2013 21:53

You ask, Why would they sack him? He's a nice guy. Disgusting... etc.

That's bollocks imo.

He publicly questioned the club's ambition immediately after the Play off defeat.

That will have damaged the club's image with the fans, sponsors and transfer targets so they have decided it's a breach of contract.

I would say they are probably right.

Think of it this way, if you were in a senior management role and called into question, in the national press, the ambition and investment policy of the company, so that all its current and potential customers and employees saw it, would you expect that to be treated with a shrug of the shoulders and an instruction to carry on with the job? Or an alternative instruction to get the fcuk out and see if you can find someone else to take you on.

B&HA's statement said he had been informed today. They would be off of their heads if they had not followed the letter of Employment Law to the Nth degree, which is exactly what this whole month, disciplinary hearings with representatives etc. has been all about. Poyet would have known before the BBC Programme today, he's just trying to put up a smokescreen I would suggest.

It's time these jumped up little twats of football managers accepted the fact of life that they are employees and that there are many many potential replacements out there looking for work.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 23 Jun 2013 22:19

Agreed with RR there.

He's slammed the club's ambition which is bizarre considering the strides they've made recently.

I'm with Brighton on this one.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 23 Jun 2013 22:33

Royal With Cheese He's slammed the club's ambition

:mrgreen:

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 23 Jun 2013 22:48

Poyet still playing the media. He was told yesterday he was sacked, he said goodbye to some of the players this morning. Now he plays for the sympathy vote and the media focus on what a good job he's done, rather than the trouble he's caused and the players and board members he's upset in his time there.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 23 Jun 2013 23:46

Judge Drenthe Poyet still playing the media. He was told yesterday he was sacked, he said goodbye to some of the players this morning. Now he plays for the sympathy vote and the media focus on what a good job he's done, rather than the trouble he's caused and the players and board members he's upset in his time there.

This deluded nasty little club deserves all it gets.One fan on the Big Board thinks its the most desirable job in football and three ex England managers were after the job,what deluded bollocks.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Jun 2013 23:57

On balance, Poyet seems to be a massive cunt.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Jun 2013 09:07

leon On balance, Poyet seems to be a massive cunt.

Agreed. We dodged a bullet there

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 Jun 2013 10:14

Bet they wished he took the job with us now - means they would have received compensation instead of having to pay it :lol:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 24 Jun 2013 10:32

Surely the idea of all this is for the club to avoid paying compensation, that's what the stand off has been about since the relationship has broken down.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 24 Jun 2013 10:42

PieEater Surely the idea of all this is for the club to avoid paying compensation, that's what the stand off has been about since the relationship has broken down.

He will appeal and win - then get a compo package for unfair dismissal

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 24 Jun 2013 10:57

ankeny One fan on the Big Board thinks its the most desirable job in football and three ex England managers were after the job,what deluded bollocks.

Ericsson, McLaren and Hoddle.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 24 Jun 2013 12:14

TBM
PieEater Surely the idea of all this is for the club to avoid paying compensation, that's what the stand off has been about since the relationship has broken down.

He will appeal and win - then get a compo package for unfair dismissal

He clearly did something, got disciplined, and didn't attend the hearing so I think him getting compo is far from a given. Someone mentioned on NSC that he'd been caught on CCTV windmilling a director.

The fact they've done this means they've not been able to agree a pay off, Gus is sticking out for the full contract amount, but either way it won't end well for either party.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 24 Jun 2013 12:21

M Brook
ankeny One fan on the Big Board thinks its the most desirable job in football and three ex England managers were after the job,what deluded bollocks.

Ericsson, Peter Taylor and Stuart Pearce will be more like it.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 24 Jun 2013 13:36

M Brook

McLOLaren, Pearce and Hoddle :lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 24 Jun 2013 15:21

Hoddle would be a great choice if you ask me

Not sure why people slate him as a manager

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 24 Jun 2013 15:27

TBM Hoddle would be a great choice if you ask me

Not sure why people slate him as a manager

Great manager - just a bit of a mentalist.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Jun 2013 15:30

Yep, I think Hoddle would be a good shout.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 24 Jun 2013 17:28

Royal Rother You ask, Why would they sack him? He's a nice guy. Disgusting... etc.

That's bollocks imo.

He publicly questioned the club's ambition immediately after the Play off defeat.

That will have damaged the club's image with the fans, sponsors and transfer targets so they have decided it's a breach of contract.

I would say they are probably right.

Think of it this way, if you were in a senior management role and called into question, in the national press, the ambition and investment policy of the company, so that all its current and potential customers and employees saw it, would you expect that to be treated with a shrug of the shoulders and an instruction to carry on with the job? Or an alternative instruction to get the fcuk out and see if you can find someone else to take you on.

B&HA's statement said he had been informed today. They would be off of their heads if they had not followed the letter of Employment Law to the Nth degree, which is exactly what this whole month, disciplinary hearings with representatives etc. has been all about. Poyet would have known before the BBC Programme today, he's just trying to put up a smokescreen I would suggest.

It's time these jumped up little twats of football managers accepted the fact of life that they are employees and that there are many many potential replacements out there looking for work.

I havent been following whats been going on down there.I didnt even know he was suspended.I was just going by him losing his job on the tv,well so it seemed when he said he hadnt heard from the club till the bbc said he was sacked

And yeah i like Poyet i think hes a nice bloke.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 24 Jun 2013 17:35

I wonder just how much the shenanigans with us in March are part of this.

Poyet spoke to us about the vacancy here (although maybe not directly) and then went back to Brighton to get some promises to stay. Maybe those promises were dependant on promotion, maybe the owners were just pissed off with being held to ransom like that.

8889 posts