Eddie Howe

No Fixed Abode

Re: Eddie Howe

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Jan 2011 19:07

Football management can be a very short career these days - so you've got to earn ya dollar whilst ya can innit.

If Howe fails badly at Burnley, that could well be it. Although I'm sure Bournemouth would take him back to be fair, but sometimes it's never the same - like Paul Ince with MK dons.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2011 19:47

at 33 years of age, Burnley is a big ask

Good luck to the kid, he owes Bournemouth nothing.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 16 Jan 2011 20:17

Victor Meldrew Will be interesting to see how he and Tindall get on at Burnley when they team up with their old mate Wade Elliott.
The two of them have done a great job with the help of Steve Fletcher who will possibly end up doing a Jim and Mick with Lee Bradbury at Bournemouth (the cheap option).

As with Brian McD I get the feeling that Howe has succeeded because of knowing the players well and being very close to them-whether that will work with players that he doesn't know,at a higher level and in a very different part of the country time will tell.

The other point is that Bournemouth's relative success has been achieved by bringing in non-league and Div 2 players (somtimes players that have had grounding at league clubs but have fallen away-Austin was there but Bournemouth couldn't afford to sign him from Poole)-whether that method will work at somewhere like Burnley is another matter but like O'Driscoll at Doncaster I would expect the passing game will be the way that he will have Burnley playing and they generally do that already.

I said this a while back on here
Howe has done remarkably well with Bournemouth due to taking over as an emergency option when the club were really up sh*t street and being one of the old boys the players stood by him and got the real Dunkirk spirit going and gave 110% for one of their own
Fair play to them all for what they have done as a unit but Im not sure if Howe will do himself justice at such a big club just now (I'll be happy to be proved wrong)

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 16 Jan 2011 21:29

AthleticoSpizz at 33 years of age, Burnley is a big ask

Agreed.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 17 Jan 2011 10:27

Tails
AthleticoSpizz at 33 years of age, Burnley is a big ask

Agreed.

Same here. Big challenge for him though as he's pretty much unproven in management beyond getting his Bournemouth team-mates to play out of their skins. Hope he does well though.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Jan 2011 19:43

Half Man Half Biscuit
Royalee Fair play to him, seems a genuine guy and is clearly an excellent manager - he's worked wonders at Bournemouth and if I'm honest I'm very surprised a bigger and better club than Burnley haven't come in for him.

He's no experience at all in the transfer market, hope that keeps the Clarets below us.

How do you work that out?