The Official Will QPR sink or swim thread

Bill Oddie's Beard

Re: The Official Will QPR sink or swim thread

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 03 Jul 2008 11:46

MiniRoyal
Bill Oddie's Beard They've just signed an Italian lad on loan from Fiorentina, sounds quite promising. I truly hope they do flop cos my mates a qpr fan and I hate him :?

Mutually exclusive?

I don't have many friends, so the few I do have I tolerate, regardless of whether I like them or not...

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 07 Jul 2008 10:27

They've also just signed an amazing sponsorship deal with Gulf air. £7m for 3 years. Puts our Waitrose deal in the shade.

Personally I'm not sure if they'll go up this season, not been too impressed with their signings so far, but the guys in charge clearly have some major ambition. IF they stay committed and don't get bored, then QPR will surely be back in the Premiership in 2-3 years max.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jul 2008 15:32

Seal They've also just signed an amazing sponsorship deal with Gulf air. £7m for 3 years. Puts our Waitrose deal in the shade.

Personally I'm not sure if they'll go up this season, not been too impressed with their signings so far, but the guys in charge clearly have some major ambition. IF they stay committed and don't get bored, then QPR will surely be back in the Premiership in 2-3 years max.

You got 1 club with the likes of Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone at the front of the club promoting it and doing the deals, and at the other you have Plymouth Argyle's ex back up goalkeeper.

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 07 Jul 2008 17:12

The South African roaders will have the title by Xmas. A fat bloke down the pub called Trevor told me so it must be gospel.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 08 Jul 2008 10:25

Alan Partridge
Seal They've also just signed an amazing sponsorship deal with Gulf air. £7m for 3 years. Puts our Waitrose deal in the shade.

You got 1 club with the likes of Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone at the front of the club promoting it and doing the deals, and at the other you have Plymouth Argyle's ex back up goalkeeper.

Exactly.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 21 Jul 2008 17:48

Glo can keep the custard in the pack, i wouldn't let you down lux.

I think we have a decent side with some very talented individuals, buzsaky vine and rowlands are all very good, eprahigm is a great young talent, agyemang scores goals but i'd like another proven goalscorer with him, although the new foreign imports could be anything, as for the money, flavio and bernie aren't stupid, they've seen how money can wreck clubs if spent recklessly, i'm certain there will be money come january if we're close

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 31 Jul 2008 11:36

Queens Park Rangers have pulled of a major coup after sealing a deal for Spanish starlet Dani Parejo.

Rangers have agreed a two-year loan deal with Real Madrid for Parejo, who is rated as one of the brightest prospects at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Arsenal also wanted the 19-year-old striker, but Real have never been interested in selling the Spanish youth international.

Deportivo La Coruna, Espanyol and Osasuna all made offers to loan the player but QPR have now sealed a deal after talks between Real president Ramon Calderon and R's supremo Flavio Briattore.

Real are allowing Parejo to move to Loftus Road on an unusual two-year deal - although they will have an option to recall him next summer if they wish.

"This is a big chance and I hope I can profit from this opportunity," commented Parejo.

Parejo is currently in Austria at Real's pre-season training camp and he will travel to London this weekend with Madrid for the Emirates Cup, before he links up with QPR.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 31 Jul 2008 11:38

premiership_bound Queens Park Rangers have pulled of a major coup after sealing a deal for Spanish starlet Dani Parejo.

Rangers have agreed a two-year loan deal with Real Madrid for Parejo, who is rated as one of the brightest prospects at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Arsenal also wanted the 19-year-old striker, but Real have never been interested in selling the Spanish youth international.

Deportivo La Coruna, Espanyol and Osasuna all made offers to loan the player but QPR have now sealed a deal after talks between Real president Ramon Calderon and R's supremo Flavio Briattore.

Real are allowing Parejo to move to Loftus Road on an unusual two-year deal - although they will have an option to recall him next summer if they wish.

"This is a big chance and I hope I can profit from this opportunity," commented Parejo.

Parejo is currently in Austria at Real's pre-season training camp and he will travel to London this weekend with Madrid for the Emirates Cup, before he links up with QPR.

This absolutely sickens me. :evil:

Toadie

by Toadie » 31 Jul 2008 11:48

Bill Oddie's Beard
premiership_bound Queens Park Rangers have pulled of a major coup after sealing a deal for Spanish starlet Dani Parejo.

This absolutely sickens me. :evil:

Here, here. I hope he can't speak a word of English...

Streets

by Streets » 31 Jul 2008 12:10

LOL @ all the envy and bitterness towards QPR.

I'm envious yes, bitter no.

Good luck to them!

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 31 Jul 2008 12:14

Streets LOL @ all the envy and bitterness towards QPR.

Good luck to them!

I'm only bitter cos my mates a QPR fan and I've got several bets with him this season, all of which I'm probably going to lose...

Streets

by Streets » 31 Jul 2008 12:27

Bill Oddie's Beard

Good luck to them!

I'm only bitter cos my mates a QPR fan and I've got several bets with him this season, all of which I'm probably going to lose...

And they have hoops. :lol:

But, have you seen their new badge? My god, that's revolting.

No hoops > their new badge

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 Jul 2008 12:47

Bill Oddie's Beard

Good luck to them!

Tim Brooke-Taylor's Waistcoat You might as well cough up now mate. Besides i still owe Graeme Garden's Glasses a few bob...

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 31 Jul 2008 13:09

Vision
Bill Oddie's Beard

Good luck to them!

Tim Brooke-Taylor's Waistcoat You might as well cough up now mate. Besides i still owe Graeme Garden's Glasses a few bob...

:lol:

Kes

by Kes » 31 Jul 2008 14:25

I'll be supporting QPR in the Championship this season.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 31 Jul 2008 14:36

Kes I'll be supporting QPR in the Championship this season.

Same here :?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 31 Jul 2008 15:08

Good luck to them!

Not envious of a side managed by Dowie.
Ever.

In fact, I'm not envious of any side.
Ever.

Streets

by Streets » 31 Jul 2008 16:13

readingbedding

Good luck to them!

Not envious of a side managed by Dowie.
Ever.

In fact, I'm not envious of any side.
Ever.

I never said anything about sides or managers. I'm envious of QPR FC.