Portsmouth Admin

753 posts
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Portsmouth Admin

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Feb 2010 14:08

Right, let's hope JM sues them for 3 season's loss of Premiership earnings....

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 26 Feb 2010 14:27

Does all this administration business mean that Pumpey are not building their new 50,000 seater state of the art stadium?

Lolooking forward to seeing the biggest club in the south's crowds going back to 12,000 in the Championship.

Slow death is better than them being put down in the high court!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 26 Feb 2010 14:30

rhroyal Here's my take on Pompey. They bought the players that took them to the F.A. Cup Final with money they didn't have. That led to the Fulham game. Could we have stayed up if they had lived within their means? They could have been in 18th for all we know. There would certainly been one less good team in the Premiership when we finished 18th.

Then this season they pinched Tommy Smith from under our noses with money they didn't have. He was integral for Rodgers' plans. We could well be sat comfortably in mid-table were it not for their over spending this season. I wonder how Rodgers feels, their overspending could have effectively ended his career (although it takes a poor manager not to have an effective plan B).

There's no knowing where our club could be had Pompey not spent beyond their means. And we're not the only losers. So much sympathy goes out to clubs in these circumstances. Well they're getting what they deserve, let them rot.

Not only that, they also nicked Glen Little, Linvoy Primus and Jamie Ashdown off us.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 26 Feb 2010 14:54

SpaceCruiser
rhroyal Here's my take on Pompey. They bought the players that took them to the F.A. Cup Final with money they didn't have. That led to the Fulham game. Could we have stayed up if they had lived within their means? They could have been in 18th for all we know. There would certainly been one less good team in the Premiership when we finished 18th.

Then this season they pinched Tommy Smith from under our noses with money they didn't have. He was integral for Rodgers' plans. We could well be sat comfortably in mid-table were it not for their over spending this season. I wonder how Rodgers feels, their overspending could have effectively ended his career (although it takes a poor manager not to have an effective plan B).

There's no knowing where our club could be had Pompey not spent beyond their means. And we're not the only losers. So much sympathy goes out to clubs in these circumstances. Well they're getting what they deserve, let them rot.

Not only that, they also nicked Glen Little, Linvoy Primus and Jamie Ashdown off us.

And Neil Webb for buttons.

Let's hope they pay the price for Administration this time and don't dodge their creditors like they did c10 yrs ago - and Leicester & Bardford C also did. It'll be good for the game in the long run I reckon.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 26 Feb 2010 15:19

Whatever else you may say, it was how a club other than Portsmouth performed against Fulham that sent us down.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 26 Feb 2010 15:25

The administrator is giving interviews now. He has said in not quite so many words, that he has asked the PL not to deduct points....and he has "been given an indication" about the transfer window being open for them.

Guarantee the club will survive till the end of the season.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Feb 2010 15:37

exileinleeds The administrator is giving interviews now. He has said in not quite so many words, that he has asked the PL not to deduct points....and he has "been given an indication" about the transfer window being open for them.

Guarantee the club will survive till the end of the season.

Er, they're in administration, therefore they get points deducted anyway stoopid!

Bet Storrie gave him an "indication" about the window too

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 26 Feb 2010 16:07

Uke Er, they're in administration, therefore they get points deducted anyway stoopid!

The Premier League have not been tested on the point deduction as yet. He seems to beleve it is still up for discussion even if it is in the rules.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Feb 2010 16:09

Why is it being discussed as a 9 point deduction and others have recieved a 10 point deduction. :!:

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 26 Feb 2010 16:10

because there are less teams in the Prem. There is a meeting next week to discuss the points dedecution.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Feb 2010 16:12

Fanks.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Feb 2010 16:38

Hi, we're the Premier League and we'll make the rules up as we go along....

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 26 Feb 2010 16:40

premiership_bound because there are less teams in the Prem. There is a meeting next week to discuss the points dedecution.

WRONG!

Obviously!

buzzby
Hob Nob Regular

by buzzby » 26 Feb 2010 16:59

I'll post it in this thread now!!

Do they really think that even if they reduced from 9 points to say maybe 7 points it will make any difference.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Feb 2010 17:58

buzzby I'll post it in this thread now!!

Do they really think that even if they reduced from 9 points to say maybe 7 points it will make any difference.

Save the whale!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Feb 2010 19:56

"everybody FEELS for their supporters"

actually, I don't

Reading
sold off the family treasure to clear their debts at the end of last season/start of this season.....we remain credibly solvent

We were (until recent weeks) on a road to the "nowhere" that is Div !

Pompey are the anti-christ of that....they expect the magic wand to be waved, the fans have already had their day in the sun with the FA Cup and the big name players. Whether the future holds a restart for Pompey in The Championship....or ultimately (and the worse-case-scenario of )an "AFC Portsmouth"

What difference should it make to the fans?...the real fans...it still remains their team whether they play in the Prem or the park.

I have no sympathy

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Feb 2010 20:00

oxf*rd 'em. Bunch of pikey oxf*rd!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 26 Feb 2010 20:58

Questions from the token Yank:

1 - Why didn't they sell their players in January when it was obvious they would be relegated?

2 - I keep seeing people posting that playing Pompey in the FA Cup would be like getting a bye. Now that they are in admin, does that mean they can no longer play in the tournament?

3 - If they allow them a special waiver to sell players now, would Tommy Smith be someone we would still want given our recent resurgence?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Feb 2010 21:03

seahawk10 Questions from the token Yank:

1 - Why didn't they sell their players in January when it was obvious they would be relegated?

2 - I keep seeing people posting that playing Pompey in the FA Cup would be like getting a bye. Now that they are in admin, does that mean they can no longer play in the tournament?

3 - If they allow them a special waiver to sell players now, would Tommy Smith be someone we would still want given our recent resurgence?

1. They did sell a few
2. They still exist. They have not folded so they should be able to complete this season
3. FIFA would have to approve. Can't see them agreeing. Plus, how could we afford TS - but I have heard that he is having a medical...

That said, nothing wrong with Pompey loaning players out and getting a fee for them. That may be an option for them.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Feb 2010 21:29

out of the pan...and into that proverbial fire

Total debts seem to be more like the £100 million than the £60 to 70 million actually quoted

The administrators have 8 to 14 weeks to find a buyer to take this on

This is only a brief respite for Pompey

753 posts