Re: Weekend Football

by BROB0T » 30 Apr 2022 09:21

Loafer 28k tickets sold for the fa youth Cup final :shock: :o

over 38k sold

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Apr 2022 09:25

Winston Biscuit seems odd that L1 finishes this weekend when the PL has 5 games left

Find it odd how L1 finishes before the Champ and L2 too - usually all finished on the same day/weekend

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Apr 2022 22:49

Slightly strange fact, today was Palace’s first win by a single goal. 9 wins previous, all by a margin of 2 or more

Can see them having a really good season next year if they add a ST

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 May 2022 09:51

URZZZZ Slightly strange fact, today was Palace’s first win by a single goal. 9 wins previous, all by a margin of 2 or more

Maybe, but what is a really good season?
The same question arises for Brighton and Southampton IMHO in that will fans be content with mid or lower mid-table year on year.?
You can see what sometimes happens when clubs get ideas above their station, e.g. classically Charlton.

What surprises me is that these types of teams don't have a real go for the 2 cup competitions as they are very, very unlikely to make the top4 and only possibly the Europa League spots through league positions.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 May 2022 09:58

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ Slightly strange fact, today was Palace’s first win by a single goal. 9 wins previous, all by a margin of 2 or more

The same question arises for Brighton and Southampton IMHO in that will fans be content with mid or lower mid-table year on year.?
You can see what sometimes happens when clubs get ideas above their station, e.g. classically Charlton.

What surprises me is that these types of teams don't have a real go for the 2 cup competitions as they are very, very unlikely to make the top4 and only possibly the Europa League spots through league positions.

I think if Palace can get into the top 10, added to the semi final, that would be considered a good season.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 May 2022 10:06

Hendo
South Coast Royal

I think if Palace can get into the top 10, added to the semi final, that would be considered a good season.

The issue though is not what you, me and URRZZ think-it is the owners and their ambitions.
Of all the mid-tablers I think Brighton are the best run club with an owner who is realistic despite being known as a big punter away from football and their fans appreciate how far they have come from those years travelling to Gillingham and then to the out of town running track.

The good thing about all 3 of those this season is that they are all good to watch whereas Wolves for example may end up higher in the table but aren't IMHO.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 May 2022 10:56

South Coast Royal
Hendo
South Coast Royal

The issue though is not what you, me and URRZZ think-it is the owners and their ambitions.
Of all the mid-tablers I think Brighton are the best run club with an owner who is realistic despite being known as a big punter away from football and their fans appreciate how far they have come from those years travelling to Gillingham and then to the out of town running track.

The good thing about all 3 of those this season is that they are all good to watch whereas Wolves for example may end up higher in the table but aren't IMHO.

Thought Lage had got Wolves playing some decent stuff for a few months at the start but they’re reverted back to type recently. Not sure how well Adama is doing for Barca and his stats didn’t always shine him in a great light but think he’s been a miss

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 May 2022 15:20

Save of the season there from Pickford

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 May 2022 15:25

Winston Biscuit Save of the season there from Pickford

Yeah that was top class. I know there are questions about his command of the box but he's a great shotstopper.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 May 2022 15:28

NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit Save of the season there from Pickford

Yeah that was top class. I know there are questions about his command of the box but he's a great shotstopper.

The awareness and the speed in which he got up and across his goal was incredible.

Whoever had the shot must have wondered where the F he came from saving that as they last saw him on the ground on the other side of the goal.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 May 2022 15:30

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 May 2022 15:44

Who is the Alan Partridge soundalike on commentary? Every time he speaks he gets more Partridge.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 May 2022 15:46

Must say Everton have been brilliant. They've been well up for it, especially in the 2nd half.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 May 2022 15:47

Really hope Gareth Southgate is paying close attention to Anthony Gordon. There is a lot of potential there, would argue he's already a better bench option than Marcus Rushford for England.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 May 2022 15:57

That fan putting the ball up his jumper :lol:

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 01 May 2022 16:02

Could Everton do it? I don't know.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 May 2022 16:21

NathStPaul Really hope Gareth Southgate is paying close attention to Anthony Gordon. There is a lot of potential there, would argue he's already a better bench option than Marcus Rushford for England.

Agreed, but then you and I would be a better bench option than Rashford right now.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 May 2022 16:46

Loafer Could Everton do it? I don't know.

I think Leeds are in big trouble.

Everton still to play : Leicester, Watford, Brentford, Palace and Arsenal
Leeds to play : Arsenal, Chelsea, Brighton and Brentford
Burnley to play : Villa, Tottenham, Villa (again) and Newcastle

Could be close but I reckon Leeds, because of their goal difference, are most at risk

My guess (could change at any time)
Everton 39 points
Burnley 38 points (but with a superior goal difference)
Leeds 38 points

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 May 2022 17:16

The level of shithousery shown today by the Everton team and fans is off the scale. Half a billion quid and anti football. Well done Frank....You've turned them into Madrid......Athletico that is.

As for Chelsea. How great it is to see their demise starting. If Ambramovic was still there and they don't win the cup Tommy Tickle would be gone. Pathetic performance by them. How much has has it cost this team? to see them piss money up the wall and bench it.

6102 posts