46%
No
54%

Total votes: 155
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: What is the point in HRK

by genome » 15 Apr 2015 15:09

I've never understood the "I've paid my money" argument. You pay your money to watch a football match, that's what you get, the ticket doesn't say anything about guaranteeing a good performance...

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Apr 2015 15:57

Neither does a gig ticket or theatre ticket. But you'd be pretty hacked off of they played badly or fluffed all their lines.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 15 Apr 2015 16:10

Extended-Phenotype Neither does a gig ticket or theatre ticket. But you'd be pretty hacked off of they played badly or fluffed all their lines.

Football is completely unpredictable based on a number of factors - no-one knows what is going to pan out in 90 minutes.

In theatre everyone on stage has a script to follow (even the bad guys know what the good guys will do and vice versa)
At a gig everyone on stage knows the music they have to perform.
Plus both those examples will rehearse EXACTLY what they are going to weeks and months in advance.

You really have thought your point through

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Apr 2015 16:15

moonwalklikebas
Extended-Phenotype Neither does a gig ticket or theatre ticket. But you'd be pretty hacked off of they played badly or fluffed all their lines.

Football is completely unpredictable based on a number of factors - no-one knows what is going to pan out in 90 minutes.

In theatre everyone on stage has a script to follow (even the bad guys know what the good guys will do and vice versa)
Plus both those examples will rehearse EXACTLY what they are going to weeks and months in advance.

Please, everyone knows by now football is fake, it's just like the WWE.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Apr 2015 16:45

Kanu no drive. Kanu lose license. Long time ago. His father warn Kanu. No drive too fast for there are speed camera on A49 but Kanu crazy. He dangerous.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Apr 2015 17:11

kanu not that bad. no worse than rest of midfield. work hard.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 15 Apr 2015 17:38

genome Kanu no drive. Kanu lose license. Long time ago. His father warn Kanu. No drive too fast for there are speed camera on A49 but Kanu crazy. He dangerous.

Kanu big dangerous on road. Kanu not make dangerous on opponents mouth of goal.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 15 Apr 2015 18:04

Dave-Royal I like Kanu he didn't play well, but Clarke like him. Kanu work hard

Why do you talk like Tarzan?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Apr 2015 18:24

Dave-Royal
Winston Smith
Dave-Royal I like Kanu he didn't play well, but Clarke like him. Kanu work hard

Why do you talk like Tarzan?
no I dont

Aye. Dive-Rhyl no speak like Tarzan, he speak like a pirate. Yarr

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Apr 2015 18:37

He needs a change of scenery. A new perspective and surroundings, to prove himself to new team mates. He's just so stale and comfortable here.

Play him against Arsenal, then drop him for the rest of the season.

There's only one reason he's played so much this season, and it's because we only have one other left sided player, and he's got to play LB. We've missed McAnuff so badly and we'd easily have been several places higher if we'd been able to keep him. Massive loss last summer.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Apr 2015 19:24

Agreed. He is too comfortable here. He can and may well develop into a Premier League player. But that won't happen as long as he is with us.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Apr 2015 19:38

Plays well for my country. But then again if you've got GB11 and Ramsay playing next to you you probably should. Even Gunter doesn't look that s%ite though in the red shirt.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Apr 2015 08:25

HRK was, of course, utter bollix on Tuesday.....but the manager should shoulder a proportion of the blame for playing him down the middle. He is not a centre forward FFS, he is a winger. Meanwhile, we had a cup-tied centre-forward waiting on the bench. Another incomprehensible decision from this manager :!:

HRK fwiw is definitely one of our best 11 players and deserves a starting place on the opposite flank to McCleary. I expect to see both of them start in their most useful positions on Saturday, and given McCleary rested himself for most of Tuesday evening with a particularly CBA performance, I expect them to work exceptionally.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Apr 2015 08:59

The kind of winger who can't beat a full back or put a cross in. It's bad enough having a winger on the right side who can beat a full back but can rarely put a cross in past the first man without having HRK on the left who can't do either.
Last edited by sandman on 16 Apr 2015 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Apr 2015 10:14

floyd__streete
HRK fwiw is definitely one of our best 11 players and deserves a starting place on the opposite flank to McCleary. I expect to see both of them start in their most useful positions on Saturday, and given McCleary rested himself for most of Tuesday evening with a particularly CBA performance, I expect them to work exceptionally.

And what about Mackie? We need his industry against Arsenal. I would definitely play him over HRK...

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Apr 2015 14:42

moonwalklikebas

In theatre everyone on stays has a script to follow (even the bad guys know what the good guys will do and vice versa)

My point was more about effort, though. No point moaning at players who try their best but are complete trousers.

Decent enough players skulking about, disintetested, not thinking about what they are doing, making mistakes and not doing the job right - well, if I've paid to watch it I have every right to complain, imo.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Apr 2015 23:38

genome
floyd__streete

And what about Mackie? We need his industry against Arsenal. I would definitely play him over HRK...

Mackie. Must . Play

Surely?!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Apr 2015 08:52

Didn't Mackie play through the middle behind Log against Bradford, with HRK and McCleary on the wings?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Apr 2015 09:45

I thought it was HRK through the middle. Could be wrong.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 17 Apr 2015 13:32

Spouting off about premiership ambitions again on GetReading.

Does he ever learn?

881 posts