The Non - League thread

10749 posts
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: Non - League thread 2012/13

by Alan Partridge » 07 May 2013 10:19

Hungerford are completely mickey mouse though so for them Merthyr fans I bet they were gutted.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 May 2013 13:52

Fox Talbot Berkshire club in play-off triumph. :shock:

3/4 crowd from Merthyr - never seen a support with with so many different coloured shirts!!

Bit of bitterness from one Welsh lad at the end. 'Shit ground, shit support etc.' I enjoyed that after 2 yrs of Swansea ...

Does he follow Wealdstone?

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular

by Dai Brainbocs » 07 May 2013 14:00

Was the Draycott who scored for Merthyr called Mark?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 07 May 2013 14:01

Dai Brainbocs Was the Draycott who scored for Merthyr called Mark?

plays for Hungerford mate, ex Diddy and was dump for diiiiiiiiiiiid, scored loads for them though

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular

by Dai Brainbocs » 07 May 2013 16:41

Cheers, I can remember him as an ineffectual striker for Newport around seven years ago.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 May 2013 23:36

Semi final of the CCL Grant McClennan U18's Cup at Cove, Cove v Windsor.

Another enjoyable night, albeit without a huge amount of goalmouth action.

1st Half Windsor went 2-0 after 15 mins I guess, and looked a step above Cove. Looked like we were in for a very comfortable win.

But as is often the case the game totally changed after half time. 2nd half Cove came out and just seemed to want it more They battled hard and Windsor were poor, very poor, just stopped playing their football and Cove got one back mid way through the half, then dominated. With about 5 minutes left my son and I agreed that Cove were bound get a last minute equaliser and bugger me that's exactly what they did with a penalty. Looked to us like our 'keeper was fortunate to stay on the pitch.

Extra time and Windsor did start playing again but neither side could put the ball away, so on to penalties.

Windsor were faultless scoring 4 out of 4 taken and our 'keeper made a couple of good saves so Windsor went through to next week's final at Feltham.

We'll be there....!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 09 May 2013 10:58

Not a great game but a Wind-sor win

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 May 2013 13:28

:?: Were you there?

The ref last night (same guy for Qtr final I think) was pretty good, didn't stand for foul language and kept a decent hold on the game but he penalised the Windsor 'keeper on the 6 second rule which left us gobsmacked as there were a couple of Cove players in close vicinity at the time and it seriously couldn't have reached 8 seconds when he kicked clear.

When an enquiry was made from the bench, he said "the rules are there for a reason".

Of course it may be that he told both teams he would be exercising the 6 second rule very strictly but nonetheless, with pulses racing 2 people could count to 6 seconds rather differently and I would expect some leeway to be shown.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 May 2013 13:48

Royal Rother Of course it may be that he told both teams he would be exercising the 6 second rule very strictly but nonetheless, with pulses racing 2 people could count to 6 seconds rather differently and I would expect some leeway to be shown.

But only one of those counts!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 09 May 2013 14:01

Royal Rother :?: Were you there?

The ref last night (same guy for Qtr final I think) was pretty good, didn't stand for foul language and kept a decent hold on the game but he penalised the Windsor 'keeper on the 6 second rule which left us gobsmacked as there were a couple of Cove players in close vicinity at the time and it seriously couldn't have reached 8 seconds when he kicked clear.

When an enquiry was made from the bench, he said "the rules are there for a reason".

Of course it may be that he told both teams he would be exercising the 6 second rule very strictly but nonetheless, with pulses racing 2 people could count to 6 seconds rather differently and I would expect some leeway to be shown.

No I was making a crap pun to be honest.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 May 2013 03:06

Alan Partridge Not a great game but a Wind-sor win

:lol: Don't worry, I got it.

Royalist

by Royalist » 10 May 2013 08:34

I have heard that BT Sport have the rights to Conference football next season but are just waiting for the new sponsor to be made public. Pretty big boost to conference football

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 May 2013 09:01

Terminal Boardom
Alan Partridge Not a great game but a Wind-sor win

:lol: Don't worry, I got it.

I must be a bit dim.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 10 May 2013 09:31

Could be putting myself up for a fall here, but I'm sure that the "6 second" law was abolished before the start of this season?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 May 2013 09:47

Big Foot

Could be putting myself up for a fall here, but I'm sure that the "6 second" law was abolished before the start of this season?

Page 116 of the 2012/13 Laws:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/refereeing/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2012_e.pdf

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 11 May 2013 09:00

... just the dregs left at STEP06 and above this PM in local NL - which is my usual covering brief.

... last night in the CCL, the busy May schedule probably caught up with South Park and they went down 0-3 to Epsom & Ewell in the League Cup Final at Cherrywood Rd.
The night before they'd been caned 2-5 by relegated (probably) Sandhurst.

Today there are two games in CCL1 both 12:00 KOs :
Farleigh Rovers v CB Hounslow
South Kilburn v Mole Valley SCR

The Final of the u-18/Youth Cup mentioned above involving Windsor (v Camberley) is next Thursday at Feltham FC (actually Bedfont as was nr Hatton Cross tube and a great place for Plane Spotters) -if interested check Windsor or Cambo's web site for more details?

Today - there's also the Semi-Final of the Reading Senior Cup between Highmoor/IBIS & Marlow United (that's the Reading Senior League outfit NOT the Oak Tree Rd one).

Reportedly this is being played at Bisham Abbey @ 14:00 (or 13:30 if you have faith in in the accuracy of our wonderful Reading P!st :? )

...also taking place NEXT Thursday 16th May - at the MadStad 19:00h KO normally - is the Final of the BTC (Berks Trophy Centre?) Marlow Utd v South Reading.
- usually just a few quid to get in - they open up the middle sections of the East Stand and Parking is (usually) free.

Bit of a drag if its a really sunny evening - they have switched arrangements for this particular fixture once before and just had the Lower West Stand available - so you're not being dazzled for lengthy periods of the match - by the setting Sun NOT the quality of football on show - though you might run a sweep on how long before a certain S.Reading 'eminence' lasts before he gets a Yellow Card. :)

Two Finals on the following Tuesday (21st)
- Wycombe Senior Cup (19:45 but I'm not certain - will confirm if different) at Adams Park Chesham Utd 'Reserves' v Chinnor
- Reading Senior Cup MadStad 19:00h - Wokingham & Emmbrook v winner of todays' S-F (see above) - probably Roger Herridge's last match in charge - rumours abound that he's got the Assistant manager's job at Binfield for next season and with Wokkers dropping out of the Premier - a few of the Sumas finest could be following him to the Moles.

Will attempt a (maybe) Final Final round up of all the confirmed Ups 'n Downs later on.
- not much point in putting it together now, as there are new stories about demotions/reprieves flying around daily.
The latest being that Abingdon Utd may be dropping out of the Southern Div One into the Hellenic - this of course would cause turmoil of sorts across STEP04 and somewhat change the numbers downwards too.
The usual juggling - with some enforced moves too - is taking place between the Southern One Central and the Ryman Div Ones with Walton Casuals amongst others - getting a reprieve based upon a mandatory increase in the numbers of clubs at STEP04. On that basis - if true - Fleet Town could also be shoved sideways back into the Ryman One South - bet they're chuffed!

...anyhow all this is currently hearsay and whispers - and gives lots of us saddoes things to type about, whilst our Anoraks are drying after their annual steam clean during the close season! :wink:

Actually I might still find somewhere to go today up in the N.Baaarks Leagues - though at this time of the season, with most issues settled, you run the risk of being let down by 'no shows' - fingers crossed.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 12 May 2013 11:50

Four Of Clubs ...The latest being that Abingdon Utd may be dropping out of the Southern Div One into the Hellenic - this of course would cause turmoil of sorts across STEP04 and somewhat change the numbers downwards too.

..Now official - expect more reprieves to be announced in due course:

http://www.hellenicleague.co.uk%2Fclub_ ... 5512968711

Yesterdays result of note - Highmoor/IBIS surprisingly lost to Marlow Utd in the Reading Senior Cup S-F - their reserves beat the same side 6-2 in the league last week. :o

The Reading Senior League side will now play Wok & Emm next Tue week (21st) at the Madejski.

One more Final to mention as it is another 'local' one at the MadStad -

- this Wednesday 15th 19:00 KO Tilehurst Charity Cup (Reading Sunday League) Wrightchoice v Barton Rovers

...I made it up the Downs and across to NBFL3 Hagbourne 0-4 Stanford in the Vale. :)

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 12 May 2013 13:01

Finally got round to uploading a few photos from last week.

Christof

by Christof » 13 May 2013 21:37

Slough Town management team Steve Bateman and Fred Cummings have left by mutual consent. Was on the cards as Steve had said before the season that anything short of play-offs was failure. Keith Scott's name being mentioned...

Royalist

by Royalist » 13 May 2013 21:52

He was a cancer at Windsor and Eton/Windsor FC. Nobody was sad when he left.

He'll do well with a good budget but i'm adamant Slough should just look to stay at the current level and pay their way in the league until a home to call your own is achieved. However their irresponsible spending will suit him and it seems Slough fans don't mind it.

Big appointment whoever it is.

10749 posts