Tom Rogic

397 posts
southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

Re: Negotiations ongoing - Tom Rogic

by southbank1871 » 16 Jan 2013 19:52

celticbhoy17
Royal91

You took time out off your life to come onto a Reading forum and post a load of shit! You sad bastard.

On our forum someone said reading fans seem pretty pissed off so I checked it out. Which of my statements were at all inaccurate? You cannot seriously think Reading are a bigger club than Celtic?

Celtic are obviously a far bigger club than Reading, with a much bigger fan base and you're pretty much guaranteed Champions League football every season. However, the general standard of football of the SPL is about equal to the Championship.

SapperBRoyal

by SapperBRoyal » 16 Jan 2013 19:57

celticbhoy17
Royal91

You took time out off your life to come onto a Reading forum and post a load of shit! You sad bastard.

On our forum someone said reading fans seem pretty pissed off so I checked it out. Which of my statements were at all inaccurate? You cannot seriously think Reading are a bigger club than Celtic?

Saying some games are better than others is not insightful. Comparing SPL and EPL is way off. Celtic is a medium sized fish in a very small pond. It's geographical location and religion make it a bigger brand globally. It's not done much in footballing terms since the late sixties outside of the domestic context, and probably compares to an Aston Villa, Leeds or Forest in that sense. I say again, you have CL football (who else will qualify from Scotland?), and money to pay agents, players and A League football clubs. Plus, Aussie football to Scottish football is far safer a transition than joining a dog fight in the best league in the world. No pressure in Glasgow...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jan 2013 20:03

celticbhoy17
SapperBRoyal Money and Champions League football (now your only viable rivals are playing in your fourth or fifth tier) are obviously what has swung the deal. Granted. SPL better standard than EPL? Jog on, clown.

What I actually said was SOME SPL games this season that I've watched have been of a better standard than some games in the EPL. As in, when Inverness were 3-0 down to Dundee United within 8 minutes then clawed it back to 4-3, then conceded a last minute penalty and the game ended 4-4, that was a better game than a QPR - Spurs game I watched the other day. The SPL is obviously no where near as high a standard as the EPL simply because the finance is not there. Celtic and Zombie FC would be the 2nd and third biggest teams in the EPL if they were there, Aberdeen would be quite a big club also. I quite like watching Reading play, but you surely must admit that playing Celtic in the league is much more exciting than QPR, Sunderland or Stoke.

Do you have paragraphs in Scotland?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 16 Jan 2013 20:09

Not too bothered about missing out really. He may turn out to be a good prospect but he is not what we need in the more immediate future.

He is coming from a standard that is League 1 level at best, so it is hard to tell how quickly he will adapt to top flight football north or south of the border.

Good luck to him, he has gone to a massive club in world football terms that can offer him Champions League football each year.

Reading or Celtic would only be a stepping stone in his career if he is that good anyway, only time will tell suppose.

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 20:12

SapperBRoyal
celticbhoy17
Royal91

Saying some games are better than others is not insightful. Comparing SPL and EPL is way off. Celtic is a medium sized fish in a very small pond. It's geographical location and religion make it a bigger brand globally. It's not done much in footballing terms since the late sixties outside of the domestic context, and probably compares to an Aston Villa, Leeds or Forest in that sense. I say again, you have CL football (who else will qualify from Scotland?), and money to pay agents, players and A League football clubs. Plus, Aussie football to Scottish football is far safer a transition than joining a dog fight in the best league in the world. No pressure in Glasgow...

Apart from half the city baying for your blood, the fact you have to perform very well in each game or else your dropped and Old firm games come back, your a part of the biggest rivalry in world football. No pressure though, no where near as much as the hot-headed bloodbath derby of Reading v... whoever your rivals are...

As for your late 60's point, we were runners up in the European Cup in 70, Semi-finalists in 72 and 74 and quarter finalists in 80. In 2003 we lost in injury time in the UEFA cup final to the team who then won the Champions League the following season, Jose Mourinho's Porto. In 2006, 2007 and 2012, we qualified for the last 16 of the champions league - beating Manchester United, AC Milan and Barcelona, all teams considered one of the best in the world at the time. When was the last time Aston Villa, Leeds or Nottingham Forrest achieved these feats? Celtic are still a big European club, Reading are in one of the best leagues in the world - both are good places for Rogic to go. Naturally as a Celtic fan I will fight my clubs corner and say that we're a massive club when a lot of the fans on here were claiming he's only gone for the money etc..

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 20:14

Pepe the Horseman Do you have paragraphs in Scotland?

eh? whats that...? :?

SapperBRoyal

by SapperBRoyal » 16 Jan 2013 20:19

Whoah! You saying you haven't heard of the Reading Oxford or Reading Swindon rivalries north of the border? I'm astounded! :shock:

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 20:22

SapperBRoyal Whoah! You saying you haven't heard of the Reading Oxford or Reading Swindon rivalries north of the border? I'm astounded! :shock:

Afraid not mate, suppose they don't happen very often so I'm not exposed to them! But saying that, We haven't even played our biggest rivals yet..

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 16 Jan 2013 20:27

celticbhoy17 [ When was the last time Aston Villa, Leeds or Nottingham Forrest achieved these feats?

Aston Villa - 1981-82 European Cup Winners

Nottingham Forest - 1978-79 & 1979-80 European Cup Winners

Leeds - 1974-75 European Cup Runners Up

SapperBRoyal

by SapperBRoyal » 16 Jan 2013 20:27

celticbhoy17
SapperBRoyal Whoah! You saying you haven't heard of the Reading Oxford or Reading Swindon rivalries north of the border? I'm astounded! :shock:

Afraid not mate, suppose they don't happen very often so I'm not exposed to them! But saying that, We haven't even played our biggest rivals yet..

St Anthony's?

SapperBRoyal

by SapperBRoyal » 16 Jan 2013 20:29

'lista
celticbhoy17 [ When was the last time Aston Villa, Leeds or Nottingham Forrest achieved these feats?

8) I thank you.

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 20:45

SapperBRoyal
'lista

My point exactly, Celtic have continually performed well in Europe whilst Villa and Forest had a few good years then fell away again. Much like I assume will happen with Chelsea once Abramowich leaves

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 20:46

But Leeds were cheated out of their European Cup, they should get it given to them

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 16 Jan 2013 20:48

celticbhoy17 My point exactly, Celtic have continually performed well in Europe whilst Villa and Forest had a few good years then fell away again. Much like I assume will happen with Chelsea once Abramowich leaves

Qualifying for the last 16? :lol:

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 20:55

'lista
celticbhoy17 My point exactly, Celtic have continually performed well in Europe whilst Villa and Forest had a few good years then fell away again. Much like I assume will happen with Chelsea once Abramowich leaves

As a Reading fan, you obviously would not know that qualifying for the last 16 of the champions league on a squad costing £8 million in total is quite an incredible feat. Getting 10 points from a group consisting of Barcelona, Spartak Moscow and Benfica is quite hard aswell, but you would know better, with all the European experience you've gathered on your countless European adventures with Reading...

Unphased Royal

by Unphased Royal » 16 Jan 2013 20:57

Apart from half the city baying for your blood, the fact you have to perform very well in each game or else your dropped and Old firm games come back, your a part of the biggest rivalry in world football.

Yeah I think I remember seeing messi and ronaldo enjoying a pint wearing shirts saying "doesnt get bigger than this" while watching and old firm game..

leeeroy Jeeenkins

by leeeroy Jeeenkins » 16 Jan 2013 21:08

Celtic of course are the bigger club but who gives a shit? If the lads any good Celtic will just be a stepping stone just as we would be

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 16 Jan 2013 21:09

celticbhoy17
'lista

As a Reading fan, you obviously would not know that qualifying for the last 16 of the champions league on a squad costing £8 million in total is quite an incredible feat. Getting 10 points from a group consisting of Barcelona, Spartak Moscow and Benfica is quite hard aswell, but you would know better, with all the European experience you've gathered on your countless European adventures with Reading...

Bit mediocre actually chum.

And you might want to do something about that chip on your shoulder. :lol:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 16 Jan 2013 21:13

southbank1871 Another reason to h8 Australians.

:(

celticbhoy17

by celticbhoy17 » 16 Jan 2013 21:15

'lista Bit mediocre actually chum.

And you might want to do something about that chip on your shoulder. :lol:

Are you serious? Being one of the top 16 clubs in europe is mediocre? You reading fans are more deluded than the brainwashed bunch at Sevco Scotland.

397 posts