The footballer gets arrested thread

2170 posts
3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The footballer gets arrested thread

by 3 veesinarow » 11 Jan 2013 13:27

cmonurz One for Rumpole maybe - what did Gary Hart (sentenced to five years after falling asleep at the wheel and causing the Selby train crash) do that Scott Sellars didn't?

Get charged with death by dangerous driving rather than by careless driving? Lower tariff, I'd imagine.

You're right, the outcomes may have been different, albeit equally tragic, but their actions prior to the accidents were essentially the same.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Jan 2013 13:51

3 veesinarow
cmonurz One for Rumpole maybe - what did Gary Hart (sentenced to five years after falling asleep at the wheel and causing the Selby train crash) do that Scott Sellars didn't?

Get charged with death by dangerous driving rather than by careless driving? Lower tariff, I'd imagine.

You're right, the outcomes may have been different, albeit equally tragic, but their actions prior to the accidents were essentially the same.

Causing death by dangerous driving (section 1 of the road traffic act 1988) is a higher offence than causing death by carless driving (section 2b of the road traffic act 1988).

Dangerous driving relates to the manner of driving being far below what a reasonable person would classify as "safe" and is about a hypothetical third-parties view of it.

Careless driving is not so much what you doing is dangerous, just inconsiderate in nature. For example, pulling out on someone causing them to break or skidding round corners, etc...

Either way community service is very low. I can only imagine he wasn't convicted of an offence that proved he caused the death through those actions.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 22 Jan 2013 19:37

Brendan Rodgers son Anton was in court today along with three Brighton players for sexual assault and voyeurism of a woman in a hotel room. Some idiots never learn...

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Jan 2013 20:09

SPARTA Brendan Rodgers son Anton was in court today along with three Brighton players for sexual assault and voyeurism of a woman in a hotel room. Some idiots never learn...

Have they a history of this?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Jan 2013 20:27

Footballers? Yes.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Jan 2013 20:56

Avon Royal Footballers? Yes.

Those specific ones?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 22 Jan 2013 21:08

Royal With Cheese
SPARTA Brendan Rodgers son Anton was in court today along with three Brighton players for sexual assault and voyeurism of a woman in a hotel room. Some idiots never learn...

Have they a history of this?

His son does, yes.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 Jan 2013 22:47

He's older than I expected, but lived in Reading until 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Rodgers

Royalist

by Royalist » 23 Jan 2013 08:08

This footballers 'trend' of having sex with a girl with a mate or mates around is very strange! Fully expect one day for girls to speak out like they do with bbc presenters these days.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Jan 2013 08:14

Very strange indeed! Last thing in the world I'd want to do.

eddiegrundy

by eddiegrundy » 23 Jan 2013 08:46

sandman http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2236264/Paul-Taylor-arrested-following-Ipswich-pub-brawl-injured.html

Ipswich's Paul Taylor arrested after involvement in a pub brawl. To think some wanted this disgusting piece of human excrement (copyright Daily Mail) at Reading.

The pub involved was the Robert Ransome - a town centre Wetherspoon / Lloyds No 1 Bar. Not the sort of venue where you would expect to find (un)professional footballers.

Team Board Avoider

by Team Board Avoider » 23 Jan 2013 17:53

Royal Rother Very strange indeed! Last thing in the world I'd want to do.

Its not the last thing i would want to do. For instance i would rather do it than cut my cock off with a blunt penknife. I still wouldnt want to do it though. Having another erect cock in the room when im trying to have sex would repulse me.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 24 Jan 2013 21:02

Man City's Courtney Meppen-Walter charged with two counts of causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 24 Jan 2013 21:12

soggy biscuit Man City's Courtney Meppen-Walter charged with two counts of causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving

You must have just mad that up.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 24 Jan 2013 21:33

Just heard a rumour Beckham has knocked over a biker/scooter in London. Watch this space…

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 24 Jan 2013 22:32

Team Board Avoider
Royal Rother Very strange indeed! Last thing in the world I'd want to do.

Its not the last thing i would want to do. For instance i would rather do it than cut my cock off with a blunt penknife. I still wouldnt want to do it though. Having another erect cock in the room when im trying to have sex would repulse me.

But your not a young footballer probably drunk or doing for a bet etc...

Would you go around swearing at your boss in public or kick somebody because they upset you...

BTW That Man City youngster story is true.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 24 Jan 2013 22:40

soggy biscuit Man City's Courtney Meppen-Walter charged with two counts of causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving

Obviously neither proves nor disproves the alleged crimes, but he does look like a total cock.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 25 Jan 2013 11:36

Nile Ranger arrested on suspicion of rape.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 25 Jan 2013 11:40

Wimb Nile Ranger arrested on suspicion of rape.

There's as much on his Wiki page about his run-ins with the law as on his football career (5 goals in 75 games, in 2010 Newcastle gave him a five and a half year contract!).

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 25 Jan 2013 13:35

T.R.O.L.I. Not arrested yet, but Michael Chopra and James Coppinger appear to be in a bit of trouble:

British Horse Racing Authority Following an investigation into suspicious betting activity on a number of races, the British Horseracing Authority has charged nine individuals with serious breaches of the Rules of Racing. The allegations focus on horses being laid to lose on betting exchanges in races that took place between 1st November 2010 and 31st March 2011.

Former licensed jockey Andrew Heffernan (who is currently licensed to ride in Australia) and eight unlicensed individuals (Rocky Michael Chopra, James Coppinger, Paul Garner, Kelly Inglis, Yogesh Joshee, Douglas Shelley, Pravin Shingadia and Mark Wilson) have all been charged with a breach of Rule (A)41.2 of the Rules of Racing in that they conspired with other persons to commit a corrupt or fraudulent practice by:

•In the case of Heffernan, communicating directly or indirectly to one or more Betting Exchange account holders information relating to the prospects in the race of that horse
•In the case of the unlicensed individuals by placing bets and/or causing one or more other Betting Exchange account holders to to place bets on the horse Andrew Heffernan rode in the race using information they had received directly or indirectly from the Jockey or other licensed person relating to the prospects in the race of the named horse.

Chopra & Coppinger found guilty

2170 posts