Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Big Foot » 31 Mar 2014 11:21

Just checked - he's only 21 too :shock: immense talent

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 31 Mar 2014 11:25

Credit to Rodgers also for getting so much out of the players in terms of work rate and them to buying into his ideas. He wasn't exactly enthused over by the Liverpool fans when he was appointed and has done well to win them over given they're sometimes an unrealistically demanding crowd.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 31 Mar 2014 11:30

Big Foot This is probably also a great place to say that Coutinho for £8m from Inter was amazing business - especially considering the sizable fees yesterday's opponents paid, for flops.

yeah Coutinho looks f**king skillz and at his age will only improve you would think

People have questioned for a while what on earth Liverpool will do once Gerrard retires/is too old to be effective any more and Henderson/Coutinho may well be the answer. Both have a long way to go to prove it but both are young and have shown huge potential this season

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 31 Mar 2014 11:45

Was out and about yesterday so only caught bits of the game on the radio commentary, quite funny as Lawro was suggesting that Mrs Suarez has had the biggest influence in bringing Mr Suarez into line not Rodgers or anyone else at the club. Wonder if she wouldn't mind refereeing the Uruguay V England game in June to stop him being a twat then.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 31 Mar 2014 11:59

soggy biscuit
Big Foot This is probably also a great place to say that Coutinho for £8m from Inter was amazing business - especially considering the sizable fees yesterday's opponents paid, for flops.

yeah Coutinho looks f**king skillz and at his age will only improve you would think

People have questioned for a while what on earth Liverpool will do once Gerrard retires/is too old to be effective any more and Henderson/Coutinho may well be the answer. Both have a long way to go to prove it but both are young and have shown huge potential this season

Gerrard has long been a wiltering force, IMO

They're nowhere near as reliant on him now than they were 3-5 years ago

Also, I think at times this season, Henderson has played better when Gerrard hasn't been in the side

Nonetheless, will be interesting to see this squad develop over the next 3-5 years

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 31 Mar 2014 13:58

Ouroboros He has done a phenomenal job this season. It will be fascinating to see whether longer term he can build a decent defence and manage the retirement of Gerrard, but he will be massively helped in that project by the fact that, in a single season, Liverpool have gone from being a club top players want to leave to a club top players will want to join.

This is the key bit going forward. As Sanguine said earlier, on this season's evidence Rodgers looks the best developer of players. What's impressed has been his willingness to give the likes of Henderson, Allen and Skrtel a second chance, after he seemingly wrote them off. Add in the flourishing of Sturridge, Sterling and Suarez, whose goal return in his early Anfield career was pretty dismal, and it's right that he's getting the plaudits. Reminds me a bit of the positive effect Wenger had on Henry, Pires, Viera etc when they joined Arsenal. As good as coaches and tacticians that Mourinho and Pellegrini undoubtably are, if you're a player whose game is looking for some TLC, a move to Liverpool is looking an increasingly attractive proposition.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 31 Mar 2014 14:03

Regardless of who is manager there, Chelsea seems to be the club you join to end your career rather than kick it on.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Mar 2014 15:24

why would any reading fan h8 rodgers?!
letting a book of tactics and a big watch get to you a little too much there.

and lol at not wanting someone to win, cos they would be unsufferable.
id be unsufferable if we won anything too,

most neutrals would want lierpool to win though, shirley

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 31 Mar 2014 15:31

Rodgers didn't f/ck off and leave us in the mire, we kicked him out. So not sure why anyone would have beef with him.

It's like a player going to another club. If they left in fair circumstances you can't help but want to see them do well (Sig at Spurs, Long at WBA/Hull etc)

Chuffed to bits one of our own is currently on target to become a title winning manager in the Premier League.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Mar 2014 15:38

Can't quote word for word or even close to it but I liked what he said when asked about the position he found himself in right now he said something along the lines of "well, it's what I was aiming for when I spent 10 years as a young man travelling around Europe studying the method of the best coaches".

I'm sure that will be perceived as smug by his haters but it was delivered with a modest confidence that was anything but.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 Mar 2014 15:39

Adkins I wrote down in my book about the crowd...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Mar 2014 15:45

That did make me lol tbf

Dear Diary,

Today the crowd were really behind us...

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 31 Mar 2014 15:56

Dear Diary,

Today the crowd were really behind us. I still felt sad about the argument I had with Angie. I know the stir fry took me a long time to make but I like to have all the ingredients measured out first before I start rather than prep as I go like she does. She didn't have to fall asleep and it's not like I wanted to miss the start of Scent of a Woman.

Needed a wee late last night, was tired so did it sitting down. Seat was a bit cold so didn't pull my pants right down around my ankles, just moved them to the knee so my bum and balls were out in the basin but the pants acted as a comfy shield between the freezing plastic and my thighs. Will do this again.

Nigel

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 31 Mar 2014 16:18

melonhead why would any reading fan h8 rodgers?!

I'd rather City tbh - purely on the fact that most 'Southern' Liverpool fans between the ages of 30-40 support them, purely as they were the best team growing up. If they had been born a decade later, they would have supported Man Utd. No real beef with genuine Liverpool fans though, as most of them (except) King of Sting have a personality and can laugh about their years of demise.

As for Rodgers - agreed. I can't see why Reading fans would have a real problem with him. it's quite funny seeing them get angry about it as it just makes themselves look silly. I do think the club (long term) would have been better keeping him.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 31 Mar 2014 16:26

No Fixed Abode

I do think the club (long term) would have been better keeping him.

Not sure. If we had survived relegation from the Championship and he managed to put himself on the map like he did at Swansea, he may have still got snapped up by Liverpool.

As it stood, we survived without him, then reached the play-offs, won promotion the next season, sit in a play-off spot this season - be hard to top that without getting nicked by the reds.

King of Sting

by King of Sting » 02 Apr 2014 18:26

retro_royal Season over and its not even October.

For their sake I hope that they all got screen shots of the league table after 3 games.

I remember him posting this in September and thinking I will remind him of this in April. His predictions are brilliant. This one is nearly as good as his prediction that United would win the league :lol: . This season :lol: . Under Moyes :lol: :lol:

King of Sting

by King of Sting » 02 Apr 2014 18:40

No Fixed Abode
melonhead

I'd rather City tbh - purely on the fact that most 'Southern' Liverpool fans between the ages of 30-40 support them, purely as they were the best team growing up. If they had been born a decade later, they would have supported Man Utd.

Does this mean 'Southern' United fans under the age of 20 would support Liverpool if the had been born a decade or two earlier ?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Apr 2014 12:26

King of Sting
No Fixed Abode
melonhead

I'd rather City tbh - purely on the fact that most 'Southern' Liverpool fans between the ages of 30-40 support them, purely as they were the best team growing up. If they had been born a decade later, they would have supported Man Utd.

Does this mean 'Southern' United fans under the age of 20 would support Liverpool if the had been born a decade or two earlier ?

Yes. It's easy to pick a team purely on success. There were probably 3 Chelsea fans in my year at school, similar Arsenal and Spurs, plenty of United but loads of Liverpool. These days you will find it more evenly dispersed, with probably most kids liking United then Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and now City added to the mix.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 03 Apr 2014 14:38

Liverpool could face a Champions League group including Bayern Munich and Juventus next season as the five-time European Champions are languishing 32nd position in Uefa's co-efficient table after failure to qualify for the Champions League since 2009

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Apr 2014 15:06

No Fixed Abode

I'd rather City tbh - purely on the fact that most 'Southern' Liverpool fans between the ages of 30-40 support them, purely as they were the best team growing up. If they had been born a decade later, they would have supported Man Utd. No real beef with genuine Liverpool fans though, as most of them (except) King of Sting have a personality and can laugh about their years of demise.

As for Rodgers - agreed. I can't see why Reading fans would have a real problem with him. it's quite funny seeing them get angry about it as it just makes themselves look silly. I do think the club (long term) would have been better keeping him.

possibly agreed, but who knows what that probable relegation would have cost the club
i think liverpool have done their time in the wilderness, and deserve a bit of success

8691 posts