LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8685 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Silver Fox » 03 Apr 2014 16:19

No Fixed Abode Liverpool could face a Champions League group including Bayern Munich and Juventus next season as the five-time European Champions are languishing 32nd position in Uefa's co-efficient table after failure to qualify for the Champions League since 2009

Liverpool haven't qualified for the Champios League since 2009? Is this another Kes exclusive?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Apr 2014 19:13

Silver Fox
No Fixed Abode Liverpool could face a Champions League group including Bayern Munich and Juventus next season as the five-time European Champions are languishing 32nd position in Uefa's co-efficient table after failure to qualify for the Champions League since 2009

Liverpool haven't qualified for the Champios League since 2009? Is this another Kes exclusive?

English clubs such as Man Utd and Chelsea haven't exactly set the world alight with incredibly easy groups to qualify.
I don't think Liverpool will be frightened of any team-that's what it is like when you have won the competition 5 times.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Apr 2014 19:30

Four fewer than the biggest club in the world, Real Madrid.
Last edited by sandman on 03 Apr 2014 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Apr 2014 19:45

sandman Four fewer than the biggest club in the world.

I was thinking more of the UK teams but please yourself and thank you for that piece of information which any self-respecting fan would already know.
What other gems do you have that have yet to be revealed?
How about for starters-Celtic were the first British winners or
Man Utd and Chelsea combined have less than Liverpool on their own.
Nottingham Forest have more wins than Chelsea and only one less than Man Utd.
Enough?

BTW ,other than some deluded thickos on here that follow Man Utd, has any body on here ever claimed that Real Madrid is not the biggest club in the world?
I certainly haven't and in fact have pointed out on occasions that they are.
Last edited by Victor Meldrew on 03 Apr 2014 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Apr 2014 19:50

Also two fewer than AC Milan.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 03 Apr 2014 19:50

Victor Meldrew
Silver Fox

English clubs such as Man Utd and Chelsea haven't exactly set the world alight with incredibly easy groups to qualify.
I don't think Liverpool will be frightened of any team-that's what it is like when you have won the competition 5 times.

Forest should piss it if they ever qualify again.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Apr 2014 19:55

Same number as Bayern Munich. Although you'd suspect that won't be for much longer the way Bayern have been playing the last few years.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Apr 2014 20:04

Those three clubs have also reached the European Cup/Champions League final more times than Liverpool.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Apr 2014 20:47

You are seriously in the know.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Apr 2014 21:19

sandman Also two fewer than AC Milan.

Since when has Milan been in the UK.
Just read things first please.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Apr 2014 21:20

sandman Those three clubs have also reached the European Cup/Champions League final more times than Liverpool.

So?
See my earlier post, I was on about British teams.
Please think before you post.

King of Sting

by King of Sting » 03 Apr 2014 21:53

Very close as to whether Liverpool will be in pot 3 or pot 4 with a co-efficient 0f 32. To make it into pot 3 they would require 8 teams ranked higher to fail to make it into the group stage. Surprise qualifiers, like Everton finishing above Arsenal, could make this happen.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 03 Apr 2014 21:54

Victor Meldrew

Posted without comment.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 03 Apr 2014 21:57

King of Sting

Very close as to whether Liverpool will be in pot 3 or pot 4 with a co-efficient 0f 32. To make it into pot 3 they would require 8 teams ranked higher to fail to make it into the group stage. Surprise qualifiers, like Everton finishing above Arsenal, could make this happen.

A coefficient of 32 =/= 32nd in the table. Plus there's an artificial basement so English clubs can't go beneath a certain lowest level but I can't remember what it is and, anyway, its probably not important here.

But yeah, it's what you wrote.

Incidentally, I reckon there are five English teams above them, so if they do qualify it would mean that two of those almost certainly haven't.

Two down. Six to go.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 03 Apr 2014 22:02

A bit of research suggests being English is enough to put them ranked roughly 114th, if a team with no recent European history randomly qualified for the CL. Everton might actually do this if they qualify for the CL this season.

King of Sting

by King of Sting » 03 Apr 2014 22:04

Yep, Man United and Tottenham don't look like making it. Arsenal are far from certain. That could 3 of the 8 already. I think Valencia and A C Milan are also going to fail, so that's 5 or 6 just off the top of my head. I think it will be pot 3.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Apr 2014 22:06

Whilst Liverpool have won the competition more times than the likes of Manchester United, Barcelona and Ajax those three clubs have never got their respective nations banned from European competition.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Apr 2014 22:06

stealthpapes
Victor Meldrew

Posted without comment.

Is Sandman your client?
If so, well done and I doff my cap to you.
You are still a pontificating so and so but not as humourless as I thought. :wink:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Apr 2014 22:10

sandman Whilst Liverpool have won the competition more times than the likes of Manchester United, Barcelona and Ajax those three clubs have never got their respective nations banned from European competition.

Now you really are struggling.
I would suggest that you pay papes his fee and let him post for you then there might be some sensible and equally aggressive debate rather than your senseless twaddle.

It's been a while since you and Kes have mentioned Hillsborough.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Apr 2014 10:29

Victor Meldrew
sandman Whilst Liverpool have won the competition more times than the likes of Manchester United, Barcelona and Ajax those three clubs have never got their respective nations banned from European competition.

Now you really are struggling.
I would suggest that you pay papes his fee and let him post for you then there might be some sensible and equally aggressive debate rather than your senseless twaddle.

It's been a while since you and Kes have mentioned Hillsborough.

Here we go again. Liverpool fans don't like hearing the truth so call it twaddle. And why did you mention Hillsborough out of context on this thread? Have some respect for the dead and their grieving families.

8685 posts