Weekend Football

6098 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by NathStPaul » 10 May 2023 09:26

Sanguine
Stranded
Loafer Arsenal not winning the league because of a draw against West ham and Southampton is the biggest bottle job ever

No team that is likely to end up on 90pts should ever be accused of being a big bottle job, esp. when trying to finish ahead of this City team.

Interesting stat* 33% of Soton's points have come from games against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Indeed, could become only the second club ever to reach 90 points and not win the league. This City side really are exceptional. Shouting 'bottle job' at clubs who achieve seasons that historically would win multiple titles is for simpletons.

Absolutely agree. Think Arsenal have done a great job of making the title race interesting. Anyone keeping pace with City this season should be applauded, Arteta has done a remarkable job.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 May 2023 09:38

Indeed. City have won their last 11 league games, and 13 of their last 14 (that weird draw at Forest). Last season they had a winning run of 12 games. The season before, it was 15. In 2018-19, they won their last 14 games, and the season before, they won 18 in a row. They are relentless.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 May 2023 09:49

NathStPaul
Sanguine
Stranded
No team that is likely to end up on 90pts should ever be accused of being a big bottle job, esp. when trying to finish ahead of this City team.

Interesting stat* 33% of Soton's points have come from games against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Indeed, could become only the second club ever to reach 90 points and not win the league. This City side really are exceptional. Shouting 'bottle job' at clubs who achieve seasons that historically would win multiple titles is for simpletons.

Absolutely agree. Think Arsenal have done a great job of making the title race interesting. Anyone keeping pace with City this season should be applauded, Arteta has done a remarkable job.

+1 to all of that.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 May 2023 10:22

Having a great season but dropping points against teams you should be beating just as the pressure ramps up is pretty much the definition of bottling it isn't it?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 10 May 2023 10:23

Pretty much as me and Genome said the other week

They have bottled the title, regardless of how many points they got

Dropped points to Southampton and West Ham is a bottlejob

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 May 2023 10:26

Silver Fox Having a great season but dropping points against teams you should be beating just as the pressure ramps up is pretty much the definition of bottling it isn't it?

To simpletons, maybe. Every game involves pressure. Every game against a team that you should beat is a game that you should win. Did City 'bottle' their away trip to Forest? Did Real 'bottle' the second half against City last night? It is bollocks infantile football speak. Imho.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 10 May 2023 10:54

Sanguine
Silver Fox Having a great season but dropping points against teams you should be beating just as the pressure ramps up is pretty much the definition of bottling it isn't it?

To simpletons, maybe. Every game involves pressure. Every game against a team that you should beat is a game that you should win. Did City 'bottle' their away trip to Forest? Did Real 'bottle' the second half against City last night? It is bollocks infantile football speak. Imho.

"simpletons"

yeah okay, will see you on Eggheads next episode then?

:| :| :|

You are literally making yourself look more foolish, Arsenal were 8 points ahead, drew 2 easy games including against the worst team in the league, and should still be top now

a bottlejob is not losing half a game of football :| :roll:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 May 2023 10:59

Loafer
Sanguine

"simpletons"

You are literally making yourself look more foolish, Arsenal were 8 points ahead, drew 2 easy games including against the worst team in the league, and should still be top now

You don't think Liverpool bottled it against Palace a few years back under Brendan? The defence went to pieces. They compared lost their shit for ten minutes. That's bottling it, and for only a tiny portion of the game.

You can also see where a simpleton has doubled down where they go down the 'x points ahead' road. Arsenal were eight points clear, but City had two games in hand.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 10 May 2023 11:50

Sanguine
Loafer
Sanguine

"simpletons"

You don't think Liverpool bottled it against Palace a few years back under Brendan? The defence went to pieces. They compared lost their shit for ten minutes. That's bottling it, and for only a tiny portion of the game.

You can also see where a simpleton has doubled down where they go down the 'x points ahead' road. Arsenal were eight points clear, but City had two games in hand.

yeah they bottled the league that season, thanks for agreeing with me

and LOL at your LOLogic... even right now, if Arsenal didnt bottle it and draw those 2 games they would be on 85 points and Man city 81 with 1 game in hand

and they would have alot more motiviation and be in a better position so you are wrong

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 May 2023 12:20

DD, you never fail to entertain me.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 10 May 2023 12:51

Sanguine DD, you never fail to entertain me.

why?

you just agreed with my point

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 May 2023 12:56

Loafer

why?

I didn't agree with anything.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 10 May 2023 14:00

Sanguine
Loafer

why?

I didn't agree with anything.

Yes you did

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 May 2023 16:51

Arsenal definitely bottled it and I'm 100% unbiased.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 May 2023 17:03

:mrgreen:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 May 2023 17:45

genome Arsenal definitely bottled it and I'm 100% unbiased.

Incredibly, one small, unnecessary incident has turned their season around.

They were coasting at Anfield, with Liverpool doing nothing and the crowd very quiet.
Enter Xhaka on TAA and the crowd and the Liverpool team are suddenly energised
That and the next two were built (if that’s the right word) from that moment

Well, that’s my take, anyway

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 May 2023 18:07

I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves anyway, title is nowhere near decided yet... I still think there's another twist to come

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 10 May 2023 19:12

Franchise FC
genome Arsenal definitely bottled it and I'm 100% unbiased.

Incredibly, one small, unnecessary incident has turned their season around.

They were coasting at Anfield, with Liverpool doing nothing and the crowd very quiet.
Enter Xhaka on TAA and the crowd and the Liverpool team are suddenly energised
That and the next two were built (if that’s the right word) from that moment

Well, that’s my take, anyway

nope

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 May 2023 07:30

genome I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves anyway, title is nowhere near decided yet... I still think there's another twist to come

You're saying City could yet bottle it?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 May 2023 09:54

Silver Fox
genome I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves anyway, title is nowhere near decided yet... I still think there's another twist to come

You're saying City could yet bottle it?

Yes, of course

6098 posts