Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2014 12:35

'Cough'

King of Sting

by King of Sting » 16 Apr 2014 12:49

Nice montage from Retro. If I was that way inclined I could do a much bigger one about his team and their fans but I am definitely not as obsessed. As for Kes and his usual arse licking of his hero I could do a bigger one on John Terry's misdemeanours alone. Fact is all teams have idiot fans. You 2 prove United and Chelsea have theirs. I am out of here now to look at the league table and laugh at Moyes.

jjd82

by jjd82 » 16 Apr 2014 12:56

Every time KoS. Every time.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 16 Apr 2014 15:58

Pepe the Horseman 'Cough'

faux pas?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Apr 2014 17:05

King of Sting Nice montage from Retro. If I was that way inclined I could do a much bigger one about his team and their fans but I am definitely not as obsessed. As for Kes and his usual arse licking of his hero I could do a bigger one on John Terry's misdemeanours alone. Fact is all teams have idiot fans. You 2 prove United and Chelsea have theirs. I am out of here now to look at the league table and laugh at Moyes.

John Terry may have misdemeanors but at least he hasn't killed anyone.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 16 Apr 2014 17:26

YET.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 16 Apr 2014 18:57

No Fixed Abode
King of Sting John Terry may have misdemeanors but at least he hasn't killed anyone.

O RLY?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Apr 2014 19:51

Nice montage by retro.
I know Blue Peter is your favourite programme and you are learning a lot from it but one day you will grow up and have to live like an adult.
In the meantime why not apply to go on Jim 'll fix it-that nice Mr Savile will help you to grow up.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Apr 2014 19:54

Wouldn't it be nice if just once in a while Kes and Retro and his new mates, sandy, monster and the one with the clap posted something about football on a fans' website where the common interest is .....er , football.

retro_royal

by retro_royal » 16 Apr 2014 20:36

Victor Meldrew Nice montage by retro.
I know Blue Peter is your favourite programme and you are learning a lot from it but one day you will grow up and have to live like an adult.
In the meantime why not apply to go on Jim 'll fix it-that nice Mr Savile will help you to grow up.

Classic Scouse. Having a pop at the person pointing out how disgusting LFC fans behaviour is. Munich banners, shit throwing, murdering is all ok then I guess.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 17 Apr 2014 10:47

Zidane
Steven Gerrard has had a great career winning many things - but it would be a big shame for him if he was never to win the league with Liverpool

For everything that he has given - he deserves a league title.’ ‘I don't think that is any secret that Real Madrid and Chelsea had big interest in him and that is just the teams the media knew about. He could have played for any team in Europe - but he turned them down. That sort of loyalty should be rewarded with a title.’

England have probably produced the two best midfield players of the last 20 years in Steven Gerrard and Paul Scholes,’ he said. ‘There was a point when Gerrard was the best midfield player in the world. It is unusual to get complete midfield players who can do everything, but that is what he was

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 17 Apr 2014 10:55

Our Kes Why has he spelt Lampard Scholes?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Apr 2014 11:03

soggy biscuit Zidane
Steven Gerrard has had a great career winning many things - but it would be a big shame for him if he was never to win the league with Liverpool

For everything that he has given - he deserves a league title.’ ‘I don't think that is any secret that Real Madrid and Chelsea had big interest in him and that is just the teams the media knew about. He could have played for any team in Europe - but he turned them down. That sort of loyalty should be rewarded with a title.’

England have probably produced the two best midfield players of the last 20 years in Steven Gerrard and Paul Scholes,’ he said. ‘There was a point when Gerrard was the best midfield player in the world. It is unusual to get complete midfield players who can do everything, but that is what he was

Pretty easy to be 'loyal' when people are threatening your life and the lives of your family.

As much as I hate to say it it's pretty obvious Barcelona have produced the two best midfield players of the last 20 years. For obvious reasons one of the coaches at Real Madrid can't say that.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Apr 2014 11:22

I'm not sure yet whether to take on board the opinion of Zidane, one of the best players ever, or sandman. It's a toughy.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 17 Apr 2014 11:36

Sanguine I'm not sure yet whether to take on board the opinion of Zidane, one of the best players ever, or sandman. It's a toughy.

keep us in the loop when you finally decide

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Apr 2014 12:25

Sanguine I'm not sure yet whether to take on board the opinion of Zidane, one of the best players ever, or sandman. It's a toughy.

That's as maybe but let me ask you this, can you say in all honesty that Steven Gerrard is a better midfield player than Xavi or Iniesta?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Apr 2014 12:28

Actually can you honestly say Steven Gerrard is better than Zizou was?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Apr 2014 12:29

sandman

That's as maybe but let me ask you this, can you say in all honesty that Steven Gerrard is a better midfield player than Xavi or Iniesta?

At his peak yes he was, he is a complete midfielder and that is the point that Zidane is making. I don't think that is a tag you could put on Iniesta or Xavi.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Apr 2014 12:30

sandman

I'd say that they are different types of midfield players, and that I can see Zidane's point in respect of Gerrard (the 2004-06 model, or thereabouts) being one who could 'do everything', more so than Xavi or Iniesta.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Apr 2014 12:40

Different as maybe but they still come under the term midfielder. Can you honestly say he is a better midfield player than them?

Talking about producing players if you look at their record at youth tournament's it's superior to Gerrard by a distance.

I don't think you quite understand the politics of Spanish football because if you did you'd understand that Zidane can't acknowledge players like Iniesta and Xavi, who it's quite clear are better than Gerrard.

I'll be the first to admit I've never liked Gerrard because much like Lampard he's a Hollywood midfielder i.e. 50 yard show off diagonals and whack the ball at the goal as hard as you can. Even if I did like him I doubt I would say he was up there with those names. Maybe the second tier but not the top.

8691 posts