Great save

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Great save

by handbags_harris » 11 Sep 2009 17:59

Quite literally sat here LOLing at my screen at the complete lack of knowledge of some of the most basic rules in the game :lol:

FIFA Laws of the game An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:
* controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing it from his possession
* touches the ball again with his hands after he has released it from his possession and before it has touched another player
* touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately played to him by a team-mate
* touches the ball with his hands after he has received it directly from a throw in taken by a team-mate.

The indirect free kick is awarded from where the offence occurred (see Law 13 - Position of Free Kick).

The suggestion that you only get penalised for picking the ball up or holding the ball is comical. I never realised such a simple rule was so difficult for people to comprehend!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Sep 2009 18:20

Congrats to you and all your knowledge. Tis true I have not played the game competitively since 1996 so that's probably why I don't know about it (also am not a goalie).

As TWYI said - my bad.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 11 Sep 2009 18:25

handbags_harris Quite literally sat here LOLing at my screen at the complete lack of knowledge of some of the most basic rules in the game :lol:

FIFA Laws of the game An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:
* controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing it from his possession
* touches the ball again with his hands after he has released it from his possession and before it has touched another player
* touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately played to him by a team-mate
* touches the ball with his hands after he has received it directly from a throw in taken by a team-mate.

The indirect free kick is awarded from where the offence occurred (see Law 13 - Position of Free Kick).

The suggestion that you only get penalised for picking the ball up or holding the ball is comical. I never realised such a simple rule was so difficult for people to comprehend!

Look at the video - not exactly a deliberate backpass is it

he is caught in nowhere and panics - punts it up in the air towards his last line of defence

DeLOLiberate

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 11 Sep 2009 18:26

The whole year inn Look at the video - not exactly a deliberate backpass is it

he is caught in nowhere and panics - punts it up in the air towards his last line of defence

DeLOLiberate

It's not the video I'm referring to. HTH.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 11 Sep 2009 19:43

LOLz @ a lot of comments on this thread

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 11 Sep 2009 21:08

handbags_harris
The whole year inn Look at the video - not exactly a deliberate backpass is it

DeLOLiberate

It's not the video I'm referring to. HTH.

that's good - as the bold text does not apply to this situation

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Sep 2009 23:16

LOL @ this.

What sort of a rule would it be if you only couldn't catch it! Hilarious to see people still getting it wrong after it had been posted. And that was quite clearly an attempt to play the ball back to the keeper. Even if it was a shit panicky one.

And LOL @ thinking the pass is the offence, rather than the "handball".

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 11 Sep 2009 23:19

handbags_harris Quite literally sat here LOLing at my screen at the complete lack of knowledge of some of the most basic rules in the game :lol:

Well I guess that's me told so apologies, I was clearly wrong. That said i've seen 'keepers handle the ball in games i've played (I actually use to play to a high standard TMD) in order to stop the ball going in / for a corner and it's never been punished. I guess the referees didn't interpret the passes as passes.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Sep 2009 23:22

What level you play at? I'll be impressed if it was Scouts to be honest.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 12 Sep 2009 01:01

Ian Royal What level you play at? I'll be impressed if it was Scouts to be honest.

The high and mightiness of people on this thread is quite stupid. We got it wrong we owned up. Bah.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 12 Sep 2009 10:26

Archie's penalty
Ian Royal What level you play at? I'll be impressed if it was Scouts to be honest.

The high and mightiness of people on this thread is quite stupid. We got it wrong we owned up. Bah.

Quite. I find it rich being criticised by a guy who spouts so much rubbish on the team board. Never made a mistake Ian eh? I was wrong and have apologised.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Sep 2009 12:32

TheMaraudingDog
Royal Rother Indirect free kick from where the pass back was made, so in this case, well outside the area.

Where the keeper handles it m8.

Royal Rother, another who's clearly never played the game (at least since the rule was brought in)
Just thought I'd add to the rest of the misinformation on this thread.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 14 Sep 2009 08:57

Royal Rother
TheMaraudingDog
Royal Rother Indirect free kick from where the pass back was made, so in this case, well outside the area.

Where the keeper handles it m8.

Royal Rother, another who's clearly never played the game (at least since the rule was brought in)
Just thought I'd add to the rest of the misinformation on this thread.

The indirect free kick is awarded from where the offence occurred

There is no offence until the keeper touches the ball m8.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Sep 2009 09:29

Indeed, as I said, I was adding to the misinformation on the thread. My son's a 'keeper, I might not know much but I know this rule.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 14 Sep 2009 09:36

Rother, why don't you read this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A757433
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back-pass_rule

The free kick is taken where the keeper picks the ball up :roll:

I could probably youtube some examples if you'd like me to.

You're wrong, admit it!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Sep 2009 10:28

Sorry m8, as I've already said, I know the rule. I was simply and deliberately adding to the misinformation on the thread which was frankly pretty laughable already. If you wish to disbelieve me that is of course your prerogative.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 14 Sep 2009 10:31

I don't actually know what you're saying, where do you think the free kick is given? Where the keeper handles or where the pass is played?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Sep 2009 11:36

Where it is handled.

Just to clarify - there was so much crap on the 1st 2 pages that I decided to post something particularly stupid and plainly wrong in an (obvious) attempt to add to the (what I had found) fairly humorous level of ignorance previously shown.

A winky seemed superfluous at the time. :|

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 14 Sep 2009 11:44

Fair enough. I was the only person to pick up on it so LOL @ all the ppl who don't know the rulz.