The Non - League thread

10756 posts
Royalist

Re: Non - League thread 2015/16

by Royalist » 18 Sep 2015 11:27

Royal Rother :lol:

Can't believe I've not heard that one retold by the old boys on the Chicken Run before!

It was during the game so they'd of been on the far side. i doubt their hearing would be of a level to hear it ;)

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 18 Sep 2015 18:02

dizzynewheights MUFC 0 - 2 MUFC

Men against boys last night and all the optimism from the start of the season has all but vanished.

... made a couple of half ar$ed efforts to update the midweek scores but as I didn't go NL myself and kept being kicked off the PC due to others engaging in h'work, DofE project stuff and other familial nonsense - never got back to it.

In summary:

Elsewhere in the National South Basingstoke also lost (on Monday at StAlebuns); H&Y lost 0-4 at Hemel H. whilst Oxford City won 2-1 vs Dartford to stay just behind Ebbsfleet in 2nd

in the National National division Woking derailed the FGR 100% express beating them 2-1 at Kingfield and the Sh!ts bt Welling 1-0.

FA Cup replays

Hungerford lost 0-2 down at a very wet Bradford Town
Chesham W2-1 at Aylesbury - drawn away at Paulton in the next round due w/e 26th Oct
Diddy edged past VCD Athletic 4-3 from the Ryman South - now face Northwood away.
Hartley Wintney stunned Fleet Town 4-0 at Calthorpe Pk - 'The Row' now travel to Merthyr in 2Q

...some 'challenging' ties came out of the hat for our 'local' sides - Sluff go to the Camrose and 'Magpies' have a date down the M3 at free-scoring Winchester City - STEP06 Hellenic One West 'minnows' Hook Norton host Weston super Mare from STEP02 : more of course in NEXT weeks preview. :mrgreen:

In the CCL, Cup games pre-dominated but Ashford Town (Mx) extended their 100% run and lead at the top with a 2-1 win over Farnham; Chertsey bt AFC Hayes 3-1 and Chess 'n Hook won by the same score vs Redhill.

Windsor bowed out of the Premier Cup by the odd goal in 9 against Colliers Wood.

There were five games in the Hellenic Premier - Kiddy romped to a 6-0 win at Abingdon Utd; Milton and Bracknell shared 6 goals for 'Robins' to notch their first point; Ascot won 3-1 at struggling Ardley to grab 2nd spot ; Nomads pinched all three points 1-0 at Thame to sit in 3rd and Thatcham edged past Highworth 2-1 - both goals from Marcus Mealing.
Flackwell still top were in sub-County Cup action - but Thatcham are well placed with 3 games in hand of the top 2.

In the Floodlit Cup on Monday evening Highmoor/IBIS won 2-0 'at home' to Binfield - though the tie was switched to Stubbs Lane as Palmer Pk was unavailable.

The wet stuff on Wednesday not only kept me indoors, it also washed out Eversley & C's Hants Cup tie at Brockenhurst as well as Fleet Spurs trip in the same competition down to Horndean the night before.

tomorrow's Preview to follow shortly.........

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 18 Sep 2015 18:43

..as promised - here's tomorrow's 'local' NL games

Fixtures 19th Sept

NAT
Barrow v Aldershot Town
Woking v Cheltenham Town
NATN
Brackley Town v Hednesford Town
NATS
Basingstoke Town v Wealdstone
Concord Rangers v Whitehawk
Dartford v Truro City
Gosport Borough v Margate
Havant & Waterlooville v Ebbsfleet United
Hemel Hempstead Town v Bishop's Stortford
Maidenhead United v Chelmsford City
Maidstone United v Bath City
Oxford City v Eastbourne Borough
St Albans City v Hayes & Yeading Utd
Weston-Super-Mare v Sutton United

SOUTHP
Bedworth United v Slough Town
Cirencester Town v Chesham United
Hungerford Town v St Neots Town
SOUTH1C
Aylesbury United v Chalfont St Peter
Barton Rovers v Egham Town
Beaconsfield SYCOB v Northwood
Fleet Town v Leighton Town
Hanwell Town v Bedford Town
St Ives Town v Godalming Town
SOUTH1S&W
Banbury United v Bashley
Didcot Town v Evesham United
Marlow v Slimbridge
Swindon Supermarine v North Leigh
Taunton Town v Burnham
Winchester City v Cinderford Town
Yate Town v Wantage Town

CCLP
Ashford Town (Middx) v Hanworth Villa - big clash of the front-runners here
Camberley Town v Bedfont Sports
Chertsey Town v Spelthorne Sports
Cove v Guildford City
Epsom & Ewell v AFC Hayes
Farnham Town v Horley Town
Hartley Wintney v Chessington & Hook United - tough one for HW to maintain their 100% especially with Cup distractions to the fore.
Knaphill v Colliers Wood United
Raynes Park Vale v Badshot Lea
Redhill v Windsor - went to Redhill a fair few years ago for a Vase or Cup tie - can't remember the visitors but probably a CCL club. Singularly unmemorable ground - Kiln Brow sits next to a municipal tip near a sewage works! Head down from the M25 at jn8 over the A25 and on to the A217 [passing by the turning for South Park FC] - then fork left/east beneath the Golf Course (Woodhatch Rd?) ground sits just the other side of the A23 and alongside a railway line south of Earlswood station; access in via Three Arch Rd which leads into the East Surrey Hospital.

Sutton Common Rovers v Westfield
CCL1
Abbey Rangers v Eversley & California
Ash United v Cobham
Dorking v Sheerwater
Epsom Athletic v Bedfont & Feltham
Sandhurst Town v Banstead Athletic
South Park Res v Frimley Green
Staines Lammas v Farleigh Rovers
Worcester Park v Dorking Wanderers Res

HELLP
Binfield v Brimscombe & Thrupp
Bracknell Town v Brackley Town Saints
Flackwell Heath v Milton United
Kidlington v Highworth Town
Longlevens AFC v Thame United
Lydney Town v Oxford City Nomads
HELL1E
Finchampstead v Chinnor
Henley Town v Reading Town
Woodley United v Holyport

HELL Challenge Cup
Ascot United v Wokingham & Emmbrook
Chalfont Wasps v Thatcham Town
Hook Norton v Tytherington Rocks
North Leigh United v Shrivenham
Old Woodstock Town v Highmoor-Ibis
Penn & Tylers Green v Bicester Town
Rayners Lane v Stokenchurch

WESSP
Andover Town v Newport (IoW)
Whitchurch United v Verwood Town
WESS1
Andover New Street v AFC Stoneham
East Cowes Victoria v Alton Town
Fleet Spurs v Christchurch
Tadley Calleva v Portland United

... will let youngest decide our 'NL fare' tomorrow - not really that many inspiring games on offer that would be 'new' for both of us. It is the North Berks League 'Hop' this w/e for the real hard-core nutter-anorak-brigade. Starts tonight (Friday) at Wallingford 19:45 KO then I believe there were originally plans for FOUR games in sequence tomorrow with specially commissioned programs and probably BBQs/beer-tents/badges etc etc starting at :

10:30 Div 2 Hannay v Marcham
13:30 Div 3 Grove Rangers v Benson Lions
16:30 Div 1 East Hendred v Long Wittenham

Sadly lighting problems on the 2nd pitch outside The Loop Stadium @ Didcot has scuppered the 4th scheduled game which would have been Div 4 Hagbourne v Kennington.
The option of staging a game at one of the other floodlit grounds in this league (of which there are only approx. half a doz across 5 divisions) were ruled out on the basis that the majority of hoppers in the 'crusading horde' this w/e would have already visited them.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Sep 2015 21:12

Wow! Can't wait to visit a football ground next to a tip alongside a sewage works.

Stench should help the burger slip down nicely.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 18 Sep 2015 22:30

Royal Rother Wow! Can't wait to visit a football ground next to a tip alongside a sewage works.

....mmm hope I've not painted too rosy a picture of it for you. 8) Don't recall any odours on my visit - possibly lucky with prevailing winds etc - think the clubhouse was fairly serviceable too - so it wasn't all bad.

Brief scan through the NLMatters threads of visitors there (found my own one from what will be almost exactly 5 years ago 18th Sept 2010 - 2-5 defeat in a Vase qualifier to CWU) shows they seem to be big on real ales in the bar but sadly a much vaunted club shop is no longer operating.

Enjoy!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 19 Sep 2015 19:32

Four Of Clubs
Royal Rother Wow! Can't wait to visit a football ground next to a tip alongside a sewage works.

....mmm hope I've not painted too rosy a picture of it for you. 8) Don't recall any odours on my visit - possibly lucky with prevailing winds etc - think the clubhouse was fairly serviceable too - so it wasn't all bad.

Brief scan through the NLMatters threads of visitors there (found my own one from what will be almost exactly 5 years ago 18th Sept 2010 - 2-5 defeat in a Vase qualifier to CWU) shows they seem to be big on real ales in the bar but sadly a much vaunted club shop is no longer operating.

Enjoy!

Yeah, it's not a smelly place at all. I've not been to a game at the ground, but my gran used to live in the mobile home park just over the road, and I never noticed any "fragrance" when I visited.

Viewed from the outside, it wasn't exactly a venue that made you want to go to a game there. It made Larges Lane look like a week in Las Vegas in comparison.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Sep 2015 20:30

Well I can assure you that when the wind blew in the right direction today there was definitely a little bit of an aroma.

However, that was outdone by the game I witnessed, Redhill 2-2 Windsor.

Actually, being completely honest, right now Windsor are a definitely more than a little bit shit.

Royalist

by Royalist » 19 Sep 2015 23:31

The prudence of the club means that there will be lean times. I was surprised they kept some players as long as they did. It'll always be a breeding club for the paying clubs around here and the fans paying to watch and travel should be aware of that. Whilst i agree with the reasoning behind it i find it near impossible to find the enthusiasm to go watch it.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Sep 2015 23:44

The last 3 seasons have given some great entertainment and some excellent football at times.

At the moment the current team is a shadow of that.

Interesting that when we went 2-1 up there was zero celebration. The goal scorer turned away and went back to the centre circle and no-one (that we noticed) ran over to congratulate him.

That could mean a number of different things - I favour the "we are really crap at the moment, there's nothing much to celebrate in going a goal up against the bottom team in the league, so let's get on with the game" attitude; others think there is something not right within the squad. (My son trains with them and says they act like a bunch of bantering school kids half the time but no sign of unrest.)

Royalist

by Royalist » 20 Sep 2015 10:14

i think some fans still have the semi pro culture and expectations when its a amateur club now.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Sep 2015 12:12

I totally agree.

One of the stalwarts even suggested that Woodham should go. Probably nowhere near 100% serious but there is considerable gloom at the state of the squad right now.

The performances are poor but we have seen the coaches are capable of building a team that plays fine football - we just don't have the players at the moment and that is hard to change when there's no budget.

I'll call it as it is but in the circumstances moaning is pretty pointless.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 21 Sep 2015 20:46

... bit late with the w/e review - had a pretty interrupted w/e what with taking first-born up to Brum yesterday to start his Uni course.

NAT
Barrow 1-3 Aldershot Town
Macclesfield 4-1 FGR – 2 successive defeats now for leaders – now only 3 points clear
Torquay 3-7 {SEVEN} Bromley :shock:
Woking 0-1 Cheltenham Town – cards beaten at home by 2nd placed Cheltenham
NATN
Brackley Town 1-1 Hednesford Town
NATS
Basingstoke Town 1-1 Wealdstone – ‘stoke off the bottom on GD from W-S-M.
Concord Rangers 1-2 Whitehawk
Dartford 0-1 Truro City
Gosport Borough 1-2 Margate
Havant & Waterlooville 1-4 Ebbsfleet United
Hemel Hempstead Town 1-2 Bishop's Stortford
Maidenhead United 1-0 Chelmsford City
Maidstone United 1-0 Bath City
Oxford City 2-2 Eastbourne Borough
St Albans City 1-1 Hayes & Yeading Utd
Weston-Super-Mare 0-2 Sutton United

SOUTHP
Bedworth United 2-1 Slough Town
Cirencester Town 3-0 Chesham United
Hungerford Town 3-3 St Neots Town visitors equalise on 94’
SOUTH1C
Aylesbury United 0-4 Chalfont St Peter
Barton Rovers 0-1 Egham Town
Beaconsfield SYCOB 4-1 Northwood
Fleet Town 4-2 Leighton Town
Hanwell Town 2-1 Bedford Town
St Ives Town 1-1 Godalming Town
SOUTH1S&W
Banbury United 8-0 {EIGHT} Bashley
Didcot Town 1-1 Evesham United
Marlow 2-1 Slimbridge
Swindon Supermarine 2-1 North Leigh – another 100% record goes but none of the top 6 register a win
Taunton Town 2-2 Burnham - good result for the Blues for whom Coach Mulvaney is presumably still holding the reins following Tallentire’s departure
Winchester City 0-0 Cinderford Town
Yate Town 2-1 Wantage Town

CCLP
Ashford Town (Middx) 4-1 Hanworth Villa –
- Was at this – RR’s much vaunted tips for success, Villa, were no match for a surprisingly ruthless ‘Ashtrees’. Was a clash of 100% vs unbeaten and I was expecting a slightly closer match. Home side stay top by 6 points, though Hartley W have 2 games in hand and also boast a perfect record. Minor distraction there though, is their continued FA Cup campaign – travel to Merthyr in the 3rd Qualifying round next Saturday.

Camberley Town 2-0 Bedfont Sports
Chertsey Town 1-2 Spelthorne Sports
Cove 2-0 Guildford City - first win for the youngsters from Squirrel Lane – replaced by Redhill in last spot – who also got their first point on Satuday.
Epsom & Ewell 1-1 AFC Hayes
Farnham Town 1-4 Horley Town
Hartley Wintney 2-0 Chessington & Hook United - HW keep up their 100%
Knaphill 1-0 Colliers Wood United
Raynes Park Vale 4-1 Badshot Lea
Redhill 2-2 Windsor
Sutton Common Rovers 2-1 Westfield
CCL1
Abbey Rangers 2-0 Eversley & California
Ash United 3-1 Cobham
Dorking 3-4 Sheerwater
Epsom Athletic 1-8 {EIGHT} Bedfont & Feltham
Sandhurst Town 4-2 Banstead Athletic
South Park Res 0-1 Frimley Green
Staines Lammas 6-0 Farleigh Rovers
Worcester Park 2-0 Dorking Wanderers Res

HELLP
Binfield 1-2 Brimscombe & Thrupp – Moles poor home form continues – are at home tonight in the league to RWBT – latest news from twitter 1-0 up (pen) and visitors down to 10 men. UPDATE Final Score 2-0 to Binfield
Bracknell Town 2-1 Brackley Town SaintsRobins also up and running with their first win – Sumas who lost in the Cup at Ascot slip into last place on GD
Flackwell Heath 3-0 Milton United
Kidlington 1-0 Highworth Town
Longlevens AFC 1-2 Thame United
Lydney Town 3-2 Oxford City Nomads
HELL1E
Finchampstead 3-2 Chinnor
Henley Town 5-3 Reading Town
Woodley United 5-2 Holyport
HELL Challenge Cup
Ascot United 1-0 Wokingham & Emmbrook
Chalfont Wasps 0-4 Thatcham Town
Hook Norton 2-1 Tytherington Rocks
North Leigh United 2-0 Shrivenham
Old Woodstock Town 0-7 {SEVEN} Highmoor-Ibis
Penn & Tylers Green 2-0 Bicester Town
Rayners Lane 2-1 Stokenchurch

WESSP
Andover Town 4-0 Newport (IoW)
Whitchurch United 0-2 Verwood Town
WESS1
Andover New Street 1-5 AFC Stoneham
East Cowes Victoria 2-0 Alton Town
Fleet Spurs 0-2 Christchurch
Tadley Calleva 2-4 Portland United

Royalist

by Royalist » 22 Sep 2015 19:08

Royal Rother I totally agree.

One of the stalwarts even suggested that Woodham should go.

Perhaps he got lucky with the people he knew. At amateur clubs its not what you know but who. Can't comment on performances as i've not been but hearing other players are moving on to pastures new.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Sep 2015 08:30

Yes, to get paid for their efforts.

When your pool of players is restricted to those who will play for nothing you are likely to have some rough patches I guess.

Thing is with Micky, he is always out watching games of football to see what's available and coming through. Keith Scott wouldn't have been seen dead at an U16s game!
Last edited by Royal Rother on 23 Sep 2015 08:33, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Sep 2015 08:32

Last night's Windsor v Cove game postponed late in the afternoon. Rumour (has it) that Cove have been suspended by the Hants FA.

Reasons not in the public domain yet.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 26 Sep 2015 12:10

Royal Rother Last night's Windsor v Cove game postponed late in the afternoon. Rumour (has it) that Cove have been suspended by the Hants FA.

Reasons not in the public domain yet.

...not that anything involving the County FAs an ever be described as clear cut - but it appears Cove may have been innocent in the affair above - which seems to be (allegedly) down to the County organisation tripping over vast quantities of their own red tape and quickly blaming it on Cove - who aren't really in a position or resourced to take them on in a dispute. There is previous according to the CCL F'Focus messageboard.

Here are today's 'local' NL matches including the southern half of the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round:

Saturday 26th Sep

FA CUP 2nd Qualifying Round

33 Grays Athletic v Hullbridge Sports
34 Maidstone United v South Park
35 Hanwell Town v Mildenhall Town
36 Chelmsford City v Ebbsfleet United
37 Phoenix Sports v AFC Hornchurch
38 Dunstable Town v Kingstonian
39 St Albans City v Deal Town
40 Dartford v Uxbridge
41 St Ives Town v Harlow Town
42 St Neots Town v Worthing
43 Carshalton Athletic v East Thurrock United
44 Wealdstone v Biggleswade Town
45 Potters Bar Town v Margate
46 Wingate & Finchley v Concord Rangers
47 Eastbourne Borough v AFC Sudbury
48 Bognor Regis Town v Lowestoft Town
49 Tooting & Mitcham United v Brackley Town
50 Whitehawk v Dulwich Hamlet
51 Bury Town v Hemel Hempstead Town
52 Horsham YMCA v Aveley
53 Stanway Rovers v Staines Town
54 Chatham Town v Eastbourne Town
55 Brentwood Town v Croydon
56 Sittingbourne v Hoddesdon Town
57 Enfield Town v Ipswich Wanderers
58 Bishop’s Stortford v Sutton United
59 King’s Lynn Town v Witham Town
60 Kirkley & Pakefield v Hitchin Town
61 Leiston v Tonbridge Angels
62 Northwood v Didcot Town
63 Herne Bay v Hastings United
64 North Leigh v Slimbridge
65 Hook Norton v Weston Super Mare - 'Hooky' from STEP06 (Hellenic One West) are the lowest ranked 'local' side still in - host STEP02 W-S-M who sit rock bottom of the National League South.

66 Larkhall Athletic v Havant & Waterlooville
67 Merthyr Town v Hartley Wintney - could be a chance of a shock here - 'The Row' in free-scoring form and 100% in the league, travel to Pennydarren Pk with the 'Martyrs' surprisingly at the wrong end of the table on a run of 3 defeats from 4. Is a two Step gap between them though.

68 Bradford Town v Chippenham Town
69 Brockenhurst v AFC Portchester
70 Paulton Rovers v Chesham United
71 Bodmin Town v Bath City
72 Gosport Borough v Bideford
73 Winchester City v Maidenhead United - see below 8)
74 Taunton Town v Truro City
75 Oxford City v Shortwood United
76 Hayes & Yeading United v Poole Town
77 Wimborne Town v Blackfield & Langley
78 Gloucester City v Kidlington Sun 27th Sept @ Cheltenham FC
79 Basingstoke Town v Slough Town
80 Petersfield Town v Cirencester Town

NAT
(Friday Result) Dover Athletic 2-0 Woking
Aldershot Town v Macclesfield Town

SOUTHP
Weymouth v Hungerford Town
SOUTH1C
Chalfont St Peter v Beaconsfield SYCOB
SOUTH1S&W
Evesham United v Wantage Town
Marlow v Swindon Supermarine
Tiverton Town v Burnham

ISTHP
Farnborough v Canvey Island
CCLP
(Friday Result) Hanworth Villa 1-0 Knaphill - 'Knappers' 2nd defeat in midweek - they lost 2-3 at Guildford on Wed
AFC Hayes v Horley Town
Badshot Lea v Chertsey Town
Chessington & Hook United v Cove - C&H put seven past Baggy Lea in midweek
Epsom & Ewell v Farnham Town
Guildford City v Colliers Wood United
Redhill v Raynes Park Vale
Spelthorne Sports v Sutton Common Rovers
Westfield v Ashford Town (Middx)
Windsor v Camberley Town - Camberley edged past AFC Hayes 1-0 on Tue to grab 2nd spot behind Ashford Town
CCL1
Cobham v Abbey Rangers
Dorking v Frimley Green
Eversley & California v Epsom Athletic
South Park Reserves v Sandhurst Town - 'Fizzers' seeking an improbable 4th straight win in the league -
Worcester Park v CB Hounslow United

HELLP
Brackley Town Saints v Tuffley Rovers
Brimscombe & Thrupp v Thame United
Highmoor-Ibis v Abingdon United - H/I lost 1-3 at Nomads on Wed night - won't want to let points slip here - though Ab U got a good win the night before H v Longlevens
Milton United v Oxford City Nomads - Milton picked up a vital 3 points at Tuffley on Tuesday
Royal Wootton Bassett v Wokingham & Emmbrook - 'Sumas' battered 0-5 at fellow strugglers Ardley in midweek.
Thatcham Town v Ascot United 6th welcome 3rd - with 'Kingfishers' well-placed and games in hand on the leading pack - though both sides surprisingly held to draws at home in midweek - by Brimscomb and Thame respectively.
HELL1E
Finchampstead v Old Woodstock Town
Headington Amateur's v Penn & Tylers Green
HELL1W
Shortwood United Res' v Letcombe
Bluefin Sports UHL Challenge Cup 1st Round
Ardley United v Carterton
Bracknell Town v Chinnor
- good result for 'Robins' midweek - held high flying Kiddy to a draw at Larges Lane.
Fairford Town v Highworth Town
Flackwell Heath v Didcot Town Res'
Henley Town v Binfield
- 'Moles' ought to progress but Henley currently sit top of Div One East - midfield stalwart and long-serving Carl Withers has reportedly come back to Binfield following a brief spell at Flackwell - seemingly wasn't getting enough pitch time there. Had an immediate positive influence on the early week 2-0 win over 9 man RWBT

Reading Town P-P Holyport - p’poned no running water at ground - apparently Holyport complained about this last week when they went there to play 'lodgers' Woodley Utd. RTFC in serious bother on and off the field! :|
Wantage Town Res' Lydney Town
Wycombe Senior Cup
14:30 Chalfont Wasps v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

WESSP
Bournemouth v Whitchurch United
Hamworthy United v Andover Town
WESS1
AFC Stoneham v Tadley Calleva
Alton Town v Hythe & Dibden
Downton v Fleet Spurs
Totton & Eling v Andover New Street

...lad has chosen a short-ish trip down the M3 to the Denplan this PM for the magic of the Cup - I've got a varied record following the 'Magpies' away in the Cup - saw them put 6 past Brockenhurst but also watched them get battered later the same season in the First Round proper @ Horsham.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Sep 2015 19:33

Windsor 0-0 Camberley

Hard fought draw, excellent display from our 'keeper.

Decent game. Couple of new players looked ok.

Despite the lack of optimism around Stag Meadow we've still only been beaten once in the League.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 26 Sep 2015 22:56

... here's today's round-up of NL:

Sat 26th Sep

FA CUP 2nd Qualifying Round

33 Grays Athletic {SIX} 6-0 Hullbridge Sports
34 Maidstone United {SIX} 6-2 South Park
35 Hanwell Town 1-0 Mildenhall Town
36 Chelmsford City 0-0 Ebbsfleet United
37 Phoenix Sports 3-5 AFC Hornchurch
38 Dunstable Town 2-0 Kingstonian
39 St Albans City 2-1 Deal Town
40 Dartford 0-1 Uxbridge
41 St Ives Town 0-3 Harlow Town
42 St Neots Town 1-1 Worthing
43 Carshalton Athletic 0-5 East Thurrock United
44 Wealdstone 1-1 Biggleswade Town
45 Potters Bar Town 1-5 Margate - Home side took the lead on 50'
46 Wingate & Finchley 2-1 Concord Rangers
47 Eastbourne Borough 2-1 AFC Sudbury
48 Bognor Regis Town 2-1 Lowestoft Town
49 Tooting & Mitcham United 1-3 Brackley Town
50 Whitehawk 3-2 Dulwich Hamlet
51 Bury Town 0-3 Hemel Hempstead Town
52 Horsham YMCA 2-2 Aveley
53 Stanway Rovers 0-1 Staines Town
54 Chatham Town 1-2 Eastbourne Town
55 Brentwood Town 3-1 Croydon
56 Sittingbourne 1-2 Hoddesdon Town
57 Enfield Town 1-0 Ipswich Wanderers
58 Bishop’s Stortford 0-2 Sutton United
59 King’s Lynn Town 1-0 Witham Town
60 Kirkley & Pakefield 0-2 Hitchin Town
61 Leiston 3-1 Tonbridge Angels
62 Northwood 1-2 Didcot Town
63 Herne Bay 1-1 Hastings United
64 North Leigh 4-1 Slimbridge
65 Hook Norton 1-2 Weston Super Mare - no fairy tale for Hooky but big crowd - official att 533 will ease the woes of a cup exit
66 Larkhall Athletic 1-1 Havant & Waterlooville
67 Merthyr Town 0-1 Hartley Wintney - HW's great recent Cup form continues - will they get further than the 4th Qualifying Round they managed to reach in 13-14?
68 Bradford Town 2-3 Chippenham Town
69 Brockenhurst 1-0 AFC Portchester
70 Paulton Rovers 0-2 Chesham United
71 Bodmin Town 1-2 Bath City
72 Gosport Borough {SEVEN} 7-0 Bideford
73 Winchester City 1-1 Maidenhead United
- got to this att 245 - sold out progs but didn't look particularly full - plenty of noisy Magpie fans about - visitors reduced to 10 men 1st half - ref indicated high-studs/stamp - looked a bit harsh but player (Tarpey) reportedly admitted he may have directed a few verbals at the officals. City took the lead soon after - game of few real chances thereafter with both defences outshining the opponents forwards; James equaliser on 89'

74 Taunton Town 2-2 Truro City
75 Oxford City 3-1 Shortwood United
76 Hayes & Yeading United 2-3 Poole Town
77 Wimborne Town 1-6 {SIX} Blackfield & Langley - away side from Wessex Premier, a STEP below Wimborne from the Southern S&W
79 Basingstoke Town 4-2 Slough Town att 369
80 Petersfield Town 3-1 Cirencester Town

NAT
Aldershot Town 0-3 Macclesfield Town

SOUTHP
Weymouth 2-1 Hungerford Town
SOUTH1C
Chalfont St Peter 5-1 Beaconsfield SYCOB
SOUTH1S&W
Evesham United 2-1 Wantage Town
Marlow 0-1 Swindon Supermarine
Tiverton Town 2-2 Burnham

ISTHP
Farnborough 2-6 {SIX} Canvey Island

CCLP
AFC Hayes 1-0 Horley Town
Badshot Lea 2-1 Chertsey Town
Chessington & Hook United 4-1 Cove
Epsom & Ewell 1-0 Farnham Town
Guildford City 0-4 Colliers Wood United
Redhill 1-3 Raynes Park Vale
Spelthorne Sports 5-2 Sutton Common Rovers
Westfield 3-2 Ashford Town (Middx) - Ashtrees 100% record goes at Woking Park
Windsor 0-0 Camberley Town
CCL1
Banstead Athletic 3-3 Ash Utd
Cobham 2-3 Abbey Rangers
Dorking 3-0 Frimley Green
Eversley & California {SIX} 6-0 Epsom Athletic
South Park Reserves 0-2 Sandhurst Town - Fizzers great run continues now up to 5th
Worcester Park 4-2 CB Hounslow United

HELLP
Brackley Town Saints 3-2 Tuffley Rovers
Brimscombe & Thrupp 3-0 Thame United
Highmoor-Ibis {SIX} 6-0 Abingdon United
Milton United 0-2 Oxford City Nomads
Thatcham Town 2-1 Ascot United
HELL1E
Finchampstead 5-1 Old Woodstock Town
Headington Amateurs 1-1 Penn & Tylers Green
HELL1W
Shortwood United Res' 0-0 Letcombe
Bluefin Sports UHL Challenge Cup 1st Round
Ardley United 1-2 Carterton
Bracknell Town 1-0 Chinnor
Fairford Town 3-3 Highworth Town (aet 2-2 FT Fairford win 3-2 on pens)
Flackwell Heath 3-0 Didcot Town Res'
Henley Town 1-2 Binfield
Wantage Town Res' 1-8 {EIGHT} Lydney Town

Wycombe Senior Cup
Chalfont Wasps 3-5 Pitstone & Ivinghoe

WESSP
Bournemouth 5-0 Whitchurch United
Hamworthy United 0-6 {SIX} Andover Town
WESS1
AFC Stoneham 0-4 Tadley Calleva
Alton Town 1-0 Hythe & Dibden
Downton 0-0 Fleet Spurs
Totton & Eling 4-0 Andover New Street

mx

by mx » 26 Sep 2015 23:51

[quote="Four Of Clubs"]... here's today's round-up of NL:

Sat 26th Sep

73 Winchester City 1-1 Maidenhead United
- got to this att 245 - sold out progs but didn't look particularly full - plenty of noisy Magpie fans about - visitors reduced to 10 men 1st half - ref indicated high-studs/stamp - looked a bit harsh but player (Tarpey) reportedly admitted he may have directed a few verbals at the officals. City took the lead soon after - game of few real chances thereafter with both defences outshining the opponents forwards; James equaliser on 89'

I was there too. tbh I go to Winch more often than Reading these days. Winch had three or four really good chances in the second half and should have been two or three up before Maidenhead equalised. Maybe you were at the other end with that rowdy lot of Maidenhead fans. We aren't used to that sort of thing. This is Winchester ffs. And who was the prat who staged the one-man pitch invasion?

Decent game, but gutted by the equaliser.

May go to the replay - I've only been to York Road once - when I was about 4. I suspect Winch have missed their chance at a giant killing though. Good to see us hold our own against a side two leagues above us. Bodes well for the season.

Royalist

by Royalist » 27 Sep 2015 17:38

Royal Rother Despite the lack of optimism around Stag Meadow we've still only been beaten once in the League.

Isn't the negativity more to do with the set up than the football itself?

10756 posts