The Non - League thread

10630 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Non - League thread 2015/16

by Royal Rother » 27 Sep 2015 17:53

In the main, yes, although the pretty pathetic article in the local paper this week suggests some want Woodham out.

In reality it seems to have been the reporter taking literally the pissed up ramblings on social media of one complete nincompoop.

I don't really understand the negativity about the set up myself but it's definitely there. My point was re lack of optimism about the football - fact is we are way short of the team we've had in recent years and that has created a vague air of gloom.

Me, I am realistic but neither pessimistic or gloomy.

Royalist

by Royalist » 28 Sep 2015 10:58

Big promises made and not happened. I can totally see why people are unhappy. Add to that the club talk of promotion but its clear that under the current model that is very difficult and then if thats a success it's likely the club would come back down again and have further costs with travelling etc

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Sep 2015 13:37

Ropey performance from Maidenhead (and the officials) on Saturday saw our 10 men come within a minute of exiting the cup at the first time of asking against a side 2 divisions below us. Replay Tuesday for the right to visit Wessex Leaguers Blackfield and Langley who are apparently based in a village on the edge of the New Forest :!:

Didcot Town drew a winnable home tie with Eastbourne Town.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 28 Sep 2015 14:06

floyd__streete Ropey performance from Maidenhead (and the officials) on Saturday saw our 10 men come within a minute of exiting the cup at the first time of asking against a side 2 divisions below us. Replay Tuesday for the right to visit Wessex Leaguers Blackfield and Langley who are apparently based in a village on the edge of the New Forest :!:

Northwood 1 Didcot Town 2 :?:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Sep 2015 17:11

Royalist Big promises made and not happened. I can totally see why people are unhappy. Add to that the club talk of promotion but its clear that under the current model that is very difficult and then if thats a success it's likely the club would come back down again and have further costs with travelling etc

What big promises are you thinking of?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 28 Sep 2015 18:28

Zammo
floyd__streete Ropey performance from Maidenhead (and the officials) on Saturday saw our 10 men come within a minute of exiting the cup at the first time of asking against a side 2 divisions below us. Replay Tuesday for the right to visit Wessex Leaguers Blackfield and Langley who are apparently based in a village on the edge of the New Forest :!:

Northwood 1 Didcot Town 2 :?:

...I think I worked out what Floyders was trying to say :- that Diddy will be at home in the FA Cup 3rd Q round vs Eastbourne Town - from the top level of the Southern Combination (formerly Sussex County) league on Sat 10th October.

- might get to another tie in the senior competition that w/e, if I see one I fancy.
- though the delights of the B&B Intermediate Cup beckon that w/e too - can I possibly forgo the heady excitement engendered by Chalvey (WMC) Sports v Prestwood ?? :mrgreen:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Been to Blackfield & Langley too - great little set up, quaintly titled 'Gang Warily Community Centre' and a good club - 'bout 1 hr 20 mins away down the bottom of the M3/M271 over the Itchen and down the eastern side of the New Forest.

- pitch is almost in the shadow of the Fawley refineries - so don't lob too many lit-fags end about! :shock:
'Magpies' will have to up their game and keep XI on the field to overcome Winchester first mind-
- I'm pondering attending the replay, meself - since I made the effort to get to the first match.

... haven't looked too closely at the rest of the draw but North Leigh travel to Amy Lane (Chesham)

...some real 'belters' around elsewhere this midweek too - as well as the Cup Replay at York Rd there's:

Diddy v Marlow
Wantage v Nor Lye

Fleet Town vs league leaders Chalfont St P
Ascot v Abingdon Utd
Flackwell v Highmoor/IBIS
Wok & Emm v Thatcham
@ Henley

... and in CCL - following their astonishing giant-killing act at Merthyr, Hartley Wintney were rewarded with the trip to the other Eastbourne - Borough, they're the one's at STEP TWO in the National (or Conference) South as was.
This Tuesday they host league leaders Ashford Town 19:30 KO.

Tonight I'm considering popping down the A327 aways to see if Farnborough can hold out against Bognor Regis.

... also this evening Hungerford host Hitchin and Beaconsfield SYCOB face Petersfield - closer to home Binfield welcome Brackley Saints to Stubbs Lane.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Sep 2015 14:07

Foc I think I worked out what Floyders was trying to say :- that Diddy will be at home in the FA Cup 3rd Q round vs Eastbourne Town

Quite so, sorry for misleadingly written post.

Foc Been to Blackfield & Langley too - great little set up, quaintly titled 'Gang Warily Community Centre' and a good club - 'bout 1 hr 20 mins away down the bottom of the M3/M271 over the Itchen and down the eastern side of the New Forest.

- pitch is almost in the shadow of the Fawley refineries - so don't lob too many lit-fags end about!
'Magpies' will have to up their game and keep XI on the field to overcome Winchester first mind

Thanks for info. I ask rather knowingly but....what are the chances of getting there via public transport? Agreed, tonight's performance will have to be rather better.

Foc I'm pondering attending the replay, meself - since I made the effort to get to the first match.

Make sure you do, I'll see you there 8)

Royalist

by Royalist » 29 Sep 2015 14:36

Royal Rother What big promises are you thinking of?

New stand, gym and flirtations with other sports club in the town to share facilities etc

Not heard anything about them for a while now...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Sep 2015 14:50

They weren't promises, just ambitions.

Always dependent on an investor / partner and a lease. (Not necessarily in that order.)

At the time, Stott was confident he could push the notoriously slow Crown into granting the lease within a matter of months.

Reading between the lines, having spent thousands on legal fees and huge amounts of his own time and energy trying to achieve just that, at the same time he decided to do away with the playing budget he also decided it was not worth spending anymore money on badgering The Crown, particularly as the main potential investor had fallen into financial difficulties.

Obviously without a lease no investment / development could be achieved anyway.

In reality he had achieved what he really set out to do and that was ensure football continued in Windsor at Stag Meadow - the rest could just follow on as and when...

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 29 Sep 2015 18:10

... I ask rather knowingly but....what are the chances of getting there (Blackfield & Langley) via public transport? Agreed, tonight's performance will have to be rather better.

...lifted this from a hardcore NL 'nutter' report of how he got to B&L on a Saturday back last January - hence the uncomfortable ferry :lol: ..his journey had possibly started in Altrincham though! :shock:

The number 9 and less frequent number 8 buses both go a rather circuitous route from Southampton, but, for the sake of novelty, I got the Hythe Ferry from there, and then picked up the 9. This let me visit Ebenezers at Hythe before and the Platform Tavern on Town Quay in Southampton after the game - both recommended, although the ferry journey was a little rough for the odd moment!

...take a bucket then! 8)

I'm pondering attending the replay, meself - since I made the effort to get to the first match.

..... Make sure you do, I'll see you there 8)

...if there I'll be the dodgy thinning-on-top geezer in a brown coat sat somewhere up the back of the new stand :mrgreen:

...though tbf currently I'm angling more westwards for Wantage v North Leigh - might well have a go at B&L in the next round though .... but probably only if Magpies make it through......

Royalist

by Royalist » 30 Sep 2015 13:40

Perhaps promises is too strong a word but the vision that the majority brought into has not happened.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Sep 2015 19:13

Hmm, the most important part of the vision has been fulfilled.

We have a team playing at Stag Meadow. And a little bonus is that we've won 2 trophies.

The Founder Members' investment has not yet seen the promised wall / bricks and the fact there has been no mention of that for years is poor but I doubt any of us really committed £250 to see our names in lights.

Royalist

by Royalist » 01 Oct 2015 20:40

Good job most who donated did with goodwill and not likely to peruse it in court!!

Going to force myself to get to a game this weekend of some sort at non league level. Going to have to do a little FoC style research but with pubs being a key factor in where i go! :wink:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Oct 2015 09:21

Chelsea, Wolves, Posh, Pompey, Cov and Boro. Fiver pays £453.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 02 Oct 2015 18:48

Pepe the Horseman Chelsea, Wolves, Posh, Pompey, Cov and Boro. Fiver pays £453.

Non League? :?

...anywhich - midweek saw Magpies stroll past Winchester 4-2 in their FA Cup replay on Tuesday. So Floyders may well be out buying some Stugeron for his boat trip to Blackfield & Langley in the next round! 8)

In hindsight I missed a few thrillers by sticking to Wantage v North Leigh - 2-0 to the leaders, game over by after 20'. 'Freds' really are poor going forward and Nor Lye were in Pipe & Slippers mode once they were 2 up. Not best pleased with the M4 closure eastbound that night either but managed to get back along a relatively trouble-free A4 by 22:20. Had been a nasty collision nr Kintbury/Halfway on the wide unlit section.
Also got out on Monday night to watch a very young Farnborough side get off the bottom of Ryman Premier with a surprise 2-1 win over Bognor. looked neat and tidy in midfield - may have had young royals-loanee Lewis Collins on show.

Elswhere Fleet stunned their league leaders Chalfont 2-1 - Diddy put 5 past Marlow who got three themselves - Flackwell and Highmoor shared 6 goals and two red cards and Thatcham blasted the sorry Sumas 6-1 at Mill Lane.
Hartley Wintney's 100% run in the CCL Premier continues as they handed Ashford Town only their 2nd league defeat of this season - albeit immediately after their previous one at the weekend.

Full preview to follow (is a Vase and Trophy weekend) - need to take youngest to football training now and then I'm carrying on over the Thames up to Henley for their vase Tie this evening vs Oxford City Nomads. :mrgreen:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
in before the edit window 8)

....here's today's 'local' NL offerings (includes opening round of the FA Trophy AND next round of the FA Vase - hence much reduced league program this PM) :)

Saturday 3rd October

FA Trophy Preliminary Round
23 Chasetown v Evesham United
24 Northwood v Potters Bar Town
25 14:30 Thurrock v Guernsey + no replay
26 Witham Town v Herne Bay
27 Arlesey Town v Redbridge
28 Hanwell Town v Cheshunt
29 Walton Casuals v Sittingbourne (Sun 4 Oct 3.00)
30 Chalfont St Peter v Beaconsfield SYCOB
31 Aylesbury United v Heybridge Swifts
32 Whyteleafe v Phoenix Sports
33 Corinthian Casuals v Three Bridges
34 Barton Rovers v AFC Sudbury
35 Royston Town v Great Wakering Rovers
36 Wroxham v Hastings United
37 Maldon & Tiptree v Ramsgate
38 Faversham Town v Bury Town
39 Carshalton Athletic v Leighton Town
40 Folkestone Invicta v Haringey Borough
41 Dereham Town v Waltham Abbey+ no replay
42 Tooting & Mitcham United v Walton & Hersham - hadn't spotted this one - fairly sure these two despise each other
43 Tilbury v Barkingside
44 Chipstead v Uxbridge
45 Whitstable Town v Worthing
46 Harlow Town v Ware
47 Thamesmead Town v Brightlingsea Regent
48 Romford v North Greenford United (Sun 4 Oct 3.00) @ Thurrock FC
49 Cray Wanderers v East Grinstead Town
50 Aveley v South Park
51 Aylesbury v Hythe Town
52 Tiverton Town v AFC Totton
53 Slimbridge v Egham Town+ no replay
54 Taunton Town v Godalming Town
55 Bishop’s Cleeve v North Leigh
56 Yate Town v Banbury United
57 Molesey v Fleet Town
58 Larkhall Athletic v Wimborne Town
59 Bashley v Cinderford Town
60 Mangotsfield United v Shortwood United
61 Marlow v Wantage Town
62 Didcot Town v Bridgwater Town
63 Burnham v Dorking Wanderers
64 Petersfield Town v Winchester City

FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round
99 Cricklewood Wanderers v Risborough Rangers (Sun 4 Oct 15.00) @ Wembley FC
100 Hanworth Villa v Oxhey Jets
101 Southall v CB Hounslow United (Sun 4 Oct 14.00) @ Hanwell FC
102 Berkhamsted v Northampton On Chenecks
103 London Tigers v Crawley Green+ no replay
104 Rayners Lane v Stotfold
105 Cogenhoe United v AFC Hayes
106 Bedfont Sports v Buckingham Athletic
107 Biggleswade United v Leverstock Green
108 Northampton Spencer v Harpenden Town
109 Westfield v Carterton
110 Frimley Green v Thame United
111 Henley Town 1-5 Oxford City Nomads (Fri 2 Oct 19.45) - got to this: fair sized-crowd for a Friday - plenty of hoppers local and otherwise in evidence - Nomads who went top of the Hellenic Premier in midweek were far too strong for Henley who themselves sit atop Hellenic Div One East
112 Alton Town v Bracknell Town
113 Abbey Rangers v Tytherington Rocks
114 Fairford Town v Badshot Lea
115 Chertsey Town v Tadley Calleva
116 Windsor v Royal Wootton Bassett Town
117 Wokingham & Emmbrook v Shrivenham
118 Hartley Wintney v Milton United
119 Thatcham Town v Brimscombe & Thrupp
120 Malmesbury Victoria v Farnham Town
121 Knaphill v Lydney Town
122 Canterbury City v Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers+ no replay
123 Croydon v Horsham YMCA
124 Cobham v Sutton Common Rovers
125 Hailsham Town v Fisher
126 Hollands & Blair v AFC Croydon Athletic
127 Mile Oak v Lordswood
128 St Francis Rangers v Meridian
129 Selsey v Horsham
130 Loxwood v Arundel
131 Banstead Athletic v Cray Valley (PM)
132 Erith Town v Bridon Ropes
133 Oakwood v Lancing
134 Sevenoaks Town v Haywards Heath Town+ no replay
135 Beckenham Town v Redhill
136 Eastbourne United v Deal Town
137 Newhaven v Broadbridge Heath
138 Rochester United v Steyning Town
139 Corinthian v Lingfield
140 Worthing United v Epsom Athletic+ no replay
141 Sheppey United v Gravesham Borough
142 Warminster Town v Gillingham Town
143 Salisbury v Folland Sports
144 New Milton Town v Verwood Town
145 Romsey Town v Calne Town
146 Team Solent v Shaftesbury Town
147 Laverstock & Ford v Cowes Sports
148 Bemerton Heath Harlequins v Andover Town
149 Bitton v Hallen
150 Oldland Abbotonians v Lymington Town
151 Horndean v Longwell Green Sports
152 Blackfield & Langley v Ringwood Town
153 Cadbury Heath v Almondsbury UWE
154 Swanage Town & Herston v Corsham Town
155 Chippenham Park v Newport (IW)
156 Whitchurch United v Bournemouth
157 Sholing 1-1 US Portsmouth (Fri 2 Oct ) - bit of a shock for recent holders now back at STEP05 - essentially defending a trophy they last won when they entered it in 13/14 - being held here by a side from the division below, that they despatched 9-0 on their last meeting in the Wessex Cup.
158 Bridport v Hythe & Dibden
159 Radstock Town v Hengrove Athletic+ no replay
160 Shepton Mallet v Camelford
161 Exmouth Town v Welton Rovers
162 Ivybridge Town v Barnstaple Town
163 Newquay v Odd Down+ no replay
164 Wadebridge Town v Portishead Town
165 Crediton United v Bishop Sutton+ no replay
166 Willand Rovers v Plymouth Parkway
167 Ashton & Backwell United v Torpoint Athletic
168 Keynsham Town v Wells City
169 Witheridge v St Blazey

NAT
Torquay United v Aldershot Town
Woking v Southport
NAT N
Bradford Park Avenue v Brackley Town
NAT S
Bath City v Basingstoke Town
Bishop's Stortford v Maidenhead United
Chelmsford City v Oxford City
Eastbourne Borough v Concord Rangers
Ebbsfleet United v Maidstone United
Hayes & Yeading Utd v Gosport Borough @ York Road MUFC
Margate v Weston-Super-Mare
Sutton United v Hemel Hempstead Town
Truro City v Havant & Waterlooville
Wealdstone v Dartford
Whitehawk v St Albans City

SOUTHP
Chesham United v Dorchester Town
Kettering Town v Hungerford Town
Slough Town v Bideford

CCLP
Camberley Town v Ashford Town (Middx)
Colliers Wood United v Spelthorne Sports
Cove v Epsom & Ewell
Guildford City v Raynes Park Vale
CCL1
Ash United v Bedfont & Feltham
Farleigh Rovers v Dorking
Staines Lammas v Eversley & California
CCLP Cup R2 Worcester Park v Chessington & Hook United

HELLP
Binfield v Abingdon United
Brackley Town Saints v Flackwell Heath
Highmoor-Ibis v Ascot United
Longlevens AFC v Tuffley Rovers
HELL1E
Finchampstead v Wantage Town Res'
Old Woodstock Town v Didcot Town Res'

Penn & Tylers Green v Bicester Town
Reading Town v Woodley United - assuming the water's been put back on?
HELL1W
Letcombe v Easington Sports

WESS1
Amesbury Town v Andover New Street
East Cowes Victoria v Fleet Spurs
Pewsey Vale v AFC Stoneham

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Oct 2015 09:38

Windsor 2-1 Royal Wootton Bassett (FA Vase)

Windsor's win was AET and after a thoroughly absorbing and entertaining game.

More new faces at Windsor and they certainly made a difference. In the 1st half we were excellent, playing some of the lovely football we've got used to in recent years but not this season. Could / should have gone in more than 1-0 up although RWB certainly had their chances as well.

Second half a different story and RWB piled on the pressure more and more - but for some profligate finishing and another superb performance from Dennison in goal they could have had the game wrapped up, however it wasn't until the 84th minute that they finally equalised.

ET was a similar pattern with some Windsor players having given their all in the 90 struggling to raise a gallop, however possibly our best move of the match saw a beautifully worked goal midway through the 1st period of ET. More backs to the wall ensued and some tempers frayed as the tension increased but we held on for what should be a real confidence boosting victory.

We just need to keep the new faces - not always a given of course...

Royalist

by Royalist » 04 Oct 2015 11:43

Went to Marlow v Wantage Town in the end.

Tiny crowd but enjoyable to be back in the non league swing, Bit strange being a neutral and not sure if i'll do it often but went to a couple of nice pubs before rolling in hours later! :mrgreen:

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 04 Oct 2015 14:54

here's the round-up of yesterday's NL games:

Saturday 3rd October

FA Trophy Preliminary Round
23 Chasetown 1-1 Evesham United
24 Northwood 1-1 Potters Bar Town
25 Thurrock 2-0 Guernsey
26 Witham Town 2-4 Herne Bay
27 Arlesey Town 1-1 Redbridge
28 Hanwell Town 1-2 Cheshunt
30 Chalfont St Peter 3-0 Beaconsfield SYCOB
31 Aylesbury United 1-2 Heybridge Swifts
32 Whyteleafe 0-1 Phoenix Sports
33 Corinthian Casuals 2-1 Three Bridges
34 Barton Rovers 1-1 AFC Sudbury
35 Royston Town 3-0 Great Wakering Rovers
36 Wroxham 2-3 Hastings United
37 Maldon & Tiptree 2-3 Ramsgate
38 Faversham Town 0-1 Bury Town
39 Carshalton Athletic 0-2 Leighton Town
40 Folkestone Invicta 1-1 Haringey Borough
41 Dereham Town 1-2 Waltham Abbey
42 Tooting & Mitcham United 3-2 Walton & Hersham
43 Tilbury 5-0 Barkingside
44 Chipstead 2-1 Uxbridge
45 Whitstable Town 2-4 Worthing
46 Harlow Town 3-1 Ware
47 Thamesmead Town 1-1 Brightlingsea Regent
49 Cray Wanderers 2-3 East Grinstead Town
50 Aveley 1-4 South Park
51 Aylesbury 3-0 Hythe Town
52 Tiverton Town 2-0 AFC Totton
53 Slimbridge 0-1 Egham Town
54 Taunton Town 4-1 Godalming Town
55 Bishop’s Cleeve 2-4 North Leigh
56 Yate Town 1-3 Banbury United
57 Molesey 5-1 Fleet Town
58 Larkhall Athletic 3-1 Wimborne Town
59 Bashley 1-0 Cinderford Town – ‘Bash’ finally avoid defeat in their thirteenth game of this season following 10 league defeats and quick exits from the FA Cup & Hants Cup. Previous match unbeaten was back in mid-March, a total of 20 straight defeats – not a record by any means but devastatingly bad at this level – especially when you take into account how many goals they’ve shipped in that run.

60 Mangotsfield United 4-3 Shortwood United
61 Marlow 5-2 Wantage Town att given as 86 slightly below Marlow's average
62 Didcot Town 0-0 Bridgwater Town
63 Burnham 0-2 Dorking Wanderers
64 Petersfield Town 1-3 Winchester Cityanother hat-trick for the prolific Bentley

FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round
100 Hanworth Villa 2-1 Oxhey Jets
102 Berkhamsted 2-1 Northampton On Chenecks
103 London Tigers 4-2 Crawley Green
104 Rayners Lane 1-3 Stotfold
105 Cogenhoe United 3-1 AFC Hayes
106 Bedfont Sports 4-0 Buckingham Athletic
107 Biggleswade United 2-1 Leverstock Green - aet
108 Northampton Spencer 3-2 Harpenden Town
109 Westfield 1-2 Carterton - minor shock STEP06 winning at STEP05
110 Frimley Green 2-7 (SEVEN) Thame United
112 Alton Town 1-1 Bracknell Town - aet – replay at Larges Lane Tue night
113 Abbey Rangers 1-1 Tytherington Rocks aet
114 Fairford Town 4-2 Badshot Lea
115 Chertsey Town 0-2 Tadley Calleva
116 Windsor 2-1 Royal Wootton Bassett Town - aet
117 Wokingham & Emmbrook (SIX) 6-1 Shrivenham - very probably says more about the sorry state of Shrivy this season than suggesting Sumas may be improving
118 Hartley Wintney 4-1 Milton United
119 Thatcham Town 0-2 Brimscombe & Thrupp – bit of an upset for the ‘Kingfishers’ here
120 Malmesbury Victoria 2-2 Farnham TownFarnham W 4-2 on pens
121 Knaphill 3-1 Lydney Town
122 Canterbury City 2-0 Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers
123 Croydon 2-1 Horsham YMCA
124 Cobham 0-3 Sutton Common Rovers
125 Hailsham Town 3-0 Fisher
126 Hollands & Blair 0-3 AFC Croydon Athletic
127 Mile Oak 1-4 Lordswood
128 St Francis Rangers 2-7 (SEVEN) Meridian
129 Selsey 0-3 Horsham
130 Loxwood 2-1 Arundel
131 Banstead Athletic 2-6 (SIX) Cray Valley (PM)
132 Erith Town 1-2 Bridon Ropes
133 Oakwood 4-9 (NINE) Lancing – aet FT 4-4 – The Sussex site results are a bit hard to unravel but from what I can work out - Lancing levelled in the 4th minute of added time to take the tie to an extra 30 mins.

134 Sevenoaks Town 3-4 Haywards Heath Town – aet FT 3-3
135 Beckenham Town 2-0 Redhill
136 Eastbourne United 0-3 Deal Town
137 Newhaven 3-2 Broadbridge Heath
138 Rochester United 0-1 Steyning Town
139 Corinthian 4-0 Lingfield
140 Worthing United 3-0 Epsom Athletic
141 Sheppey United 0-3 Gravesham Borough
142 Warminster Town 0-5 Gillingham Town
143 Salisbury 4-1 Folland Sports
144 New Milton Town 3-2 Verwood Town
145 Romsey Town 0-2 Calne Town
146 Team Solent 4-1 Shaftesbury Town
147 Laverstock & Ford 2-0 Cowes Sports
148 Bemerton Heath Harlequins 0-3 Andover Town
149 Bitton 2-3 Hallen
150 Oldland Abbotonians 0-1 Lymington Town - aet
151 Horndean 1-1 Longwell Green Sports
152 Blackfield & Langley (SIX) 6-2 Ringwood Town
153 Cadbury Heath 2-1 Almondsbury UWE aet
154 Swanage Town & Herston 3-4 Corsham Town
155 Chippenham Park 0-1 Newport (IW)
156 Whitchurch United (SIX) 6-0 Bournemouth
158 Bridport 5-1 Hythe & Dibden
159 Radstock Town 3-3 Hengrove Athletic A win 5-4 pens
160 Shepton Mallet 1-2 Camelford -aet
161 Exmouth Town 0-2 Welton Rovers
162 Ivybridge Town 1-4 Barnstaple Town
163 Newquay 1-1 Odd Down A win 5-4 pens
164 Wadebridge Town 0-5 Portishead Town
165 Crediton United 1-2 Bishop Sutton
166 Willand Rovers 0-2 Plymouth Parkway
167 Ashton & Backwell United 0-2 Torpoint Athletic
168 Keynsham Town 2-2 Wells City aet
169 Witheridge (TEN) 10-1 St Blazey

NAT
FC Halifax 1-7 (SEVEN) Cheltenham Town
Torquay United 0-2 Aldershot Town
Woking 1-2 Southport
NAT N
Bradford Park Avenue 1-0 Brackley Town
NAT S
Bath City 0-0 Basingstoke Town ' Dragons get a good point here but slip to last place with W-S-M's win at 'Margit'
Bishop's Stortford 0-2 Maidenhead United - Magpies up to 7th
Chelmsford City 0-4 Oxford City - City still 2nd, 6 pts behind Ebbsfleet who were beaten at home
Eastbourne Borough 0-0 Concord Rangers
Ebbsfleet United 0-1 Maidstone United
Hayes & Yeading Utd 0-0 Gosport Borough
Margate 0-2 Weston-Super-Mare
Sutton United 2-2 Hemel Hempstead Town
Truro City 3-0 Havant & Waterlooville
Wealdstone 2-1 Dartford
Whitehawk (SIX) 6-0 St Albans City

SOUTHP
Chesham United 3-4 Dorchester Town – visitors' winner in injury time
Kettering Town 2-1 Hungerford Town
Slough Town 2-1 Bideford - att 236 ; a brace from Mpi
- Hitchin v Paulton pponed – due to accident early AM on M4 – evidently Paulton coach driver/firm hadn’t checked traffic reports, to enable them to opt for an alternative route since M4 was closed from 06:00h

CCLP
Camberley Town 2-1 Ashford Town (Middx) – three defeats on the spin now for ‘Ashtrees’ having won their first 8 league games.
Colliers Wood United 2-3 Spelthorne Sports
Cove 0-7 (SEVEN) Epsom & Ewell – ‘Salts’ grab top-spot
Guildford City 5-3 Raynes Park Vale
CCL1
Ash United 1-2 Bedfont & Feltham
Farleigh Rovers 0-2 Dorking
Staines Lammas 0-1 Eversley & California
CCLP Cup R2 Worcester Park 1-5 Chessington & Hook United

HELLP
Binfield 4-0 Abingdon United
Brackley Town Saints 2-5 Flackwell Heath ‘Heathens’ juggernaut rolls ever onward – regain top spot from Nomads with ‘Yellamen’ in close attendance too – Thatcham also very nicely placed with a few games in hand

Highmoor-Ibis 0-1 Ascot United - important win for visitors – not many come away from Palmer Park with the spoils – attendance a paltry 37 though.
Longlevens AFC 2-1 Tuffley Rovers
HELL1E
Finchampstead 1-0 Wantage Town Res' - Finch hold top spot but P&TG are pushing them hard
Old Woodstock Town 0-4 Didcot Town Res'
Penn & Tylers Green 5-0 Bicester Town
Reading Town 1-2 Woodley United - reportedly mass brawl at the final whistle - not what you want when you are hosting your own 'lodgers' :shock:
HELL1W
Letcombe 1-0 Easington Sports

WESS1
Amesbury Town (EIGHT) 8-0 Andover New Street
East Cowes Victoria 2-2 Fleet Spurs
Pewsey Vale 0-2 AFC Stoneham

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Oct 2015 15:39

Interesting that some games in the Vase were settled with pens.

If Windsor's game had been level AET there would have been a replay on Wednesday.

Do clubs have a choice?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 04 Oct 2015 20:16

Royal Rother Interesting that some games in the Vase were settled with pens.

If Windsor's game had been level AET there would have been a replay on Wednesday.

Do clubs have a choice?

3rd attempt to post :evil: :evil: :evil: our B'Band line is in 'Bride's-Nightie-mode' .....

Yes they can agree beforehand whether to have pens or not AET. Travelling distance and groundsharing are the main considerations. I'm sure the rule used to be a fairly fluid one too - with an agreement being allowed to be made up to a few hours before KO together with the approval of the Match Ref. of course.
Presumably someone had to let the Programme Editor know in good time too, if feasible? I expect the current ruling has been firmed up and is buried somewhere on the FA site.

Went to a Vase tie a few years back, at one of the Buckingham clubs - where the parties concerned had forgotten what had been agreed beforehand and there was a big hoo hah at the end of ET; where one side wanted pens and the other wanted a replay! :roll:

Conversely this season, some local League or County FA (can't remember which site I read it on :oops: ) have ordained that there will be NO Extra Time in their competitions and that any tied games should be decided on pens at 90'
____________________________________________________________--
...with replays in mind I'll probably head to Larges Lane on Tuesday eve for Bracknell's Vase replay vs Alton Town.

NOT much else on that evening - a few middling-CCL Premier league games and Sluff host Dorchester in the Southern Prem- might opt for that, given time to get there; that's if I've not gone out on Monday evening to watch: Beaconsfield SYCOB v 'Sarnies' (Egham) in the Southern One Central.
'Yellamen' host 'Sumas' in the B&B Trophy.

Need to get out on Wednesday, as my middle-child is hosting Explorer Scouts at our house for 'Cluedo - The Scouting Version' - basically a load of large adolescents 'clumbering' around in the dark pretending to murder each other - a bit like 'Sardines' with menace.

Sadly little choice on that night either - might even have to resort to stumping up an exhorbitant amount of dosh to watch the Sh!ts host FGR. :?

10630 posts