The non-league thread 2008/9

489 posts
Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The non-league thread 2008/9

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 14 Apr 2009 13:52

Tony Le Mesmer You have to laugh at the Bromley goal though. :lol: There's no way they should have given the goal back.

Thanks for this and ^^^

I knew I should have gone!

Keep an eye out on http://bfctv.co.uk/joomwebsite/ to see the goals...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Apr 2009 11:14

Oxford Utd have put together an amazing run - yet still not in the play offs - really hope results work out for them and they make it back into the Football League via the play offs.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 18 Apr 2009 12:11

BEAVER ARMY

Good luck to the Beavers today

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 19 Apr 2009 14:23

Gutted, what a bag of w@nk Wimbledon are, Hampton can think themselves very unlucky, they had 2 defenders on the deck, one with a gash the size of Gus's chin and the other with an ankle injury, ball out and both players down, the ref allows AFC to take the throw and they attack a team with 2 defenders and score to make it 1-1, thus giving them the league, you'd have thought they'd won the FA Cup, a club like AFC celebrating a draw against Hampton like that, shocking.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 19 Apr 2009 14:37

paultheroyal Oxford Utd have put together an amazing run - yet still not in the play offs - really hope results work out for them and they make it back into the Football League via the play offs.

Nooooo!!! :evil:

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 19 Apr 2009 20:24

Tredder Gutted, what a bag of w@nk Wimbledon are, Hampton can think themselves very unlucky, they had 2 defenders on the deck, one with a gash the size of Gus's chin and the other with an ankle injury, ball out and both players down, the ref allows AFC to take the throw and they attack a team with 2 defenders and score to make it 1-1, thus giving them the league, you'd have thought they'd won the FA Cup, a club like AFC celebrating a draw against Hampton like that, shocking.

AFC fans are a bunch of c*nts. They are all hangers on anyway, I spoke to a few at Maidenhead, and it was I/WE support Fulham/Arsenal/West Ham/Chelsea delete as appropiate

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 19 Apr 2009 21:14

Beavers only need something like a 15-0 win at York Road next weekend and AFCW to lose their match.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 20 Apr 2009 10:00

Well its pretty much taking shape at the top of the Southern One SW

... if I've worked it out right then the Cornishmen (Truro) are promoted for the third season on the bounce - the Play Off matches to join them in the Southern Prem (Ground Grading mullarky notwithstanding ! :? ) will be as follows:-
[2v5:3v4]
Totton/Windsor vs Didcot/Thatcham/(Bridgwater very remote chance - if these two c@ck it up between them - intriguingly Diddy play Thatcham at the Loop on Tuesday eve! With vastly superior GD a draw for Diddy on Tue is probably enough to secure 5th spot.
Totton/Windsor vs Beaconsfield

...the relegation slot(s) again not definite 2 will go what with demotions happening higher up and gradings restricting possible promotees from below :-

Bottom three
Winchester P 40 pts 34
Taunton P41 pts 33
Bracknell P40 pts 32

Tuesday: Bracknell vs Uxbridge
Wednesday: Winchester vs Paulton - a win here for the home club sends Taunton down and possibly the Robins if they've not won the night before.

Last Day fixtures (Sat 25th)
Abingdon United v AFC Totton
Cinderford Town v Bracknell Town
Cirencester Town v Beaconsfield SYCOB
Taunton Town v Burnham
Thatcham Town v Bishops Cleeve
Truro City v Didcot Town
Windsor & Eton v Winchester City

Very squeaky in the SOUTHERN Prem too - with Corby overhauling long-term leaders Farnborough.
'boro play at Merthyr tomorrow night [18:45 KO cos the Martyrs haven't got enough 50ps to put in the meter! :shock: ] a win takes them back top.

Last day fixtures (Sat 25th)
Corby v Banbury (Banbury are trying to stay out of the relegation zone themselves)
Stourbridge vs Farnborough

... Oxford City have an outside chance of a Play Off spot too - have 2 away games at Brackley and Clevedon to try and get above Hemel for 5th spot.

In CONF South - assuming the Beavers don't stroll to a 15-0 win they'll face Hayes & Yeading or Chelmsford ## depending upon whether they can stay above Eastleigh currently in 3rd behind them on GD.

## I think there's even a chance of a 'bye' waiting here for a lucky 2nd place team IF the Magpies overtake Chelmsford in the last game - but then to do so they'd have to beat H&R - who'd of course need H&W to beat Eastleigh so they get the bye. 8)
NB Bit more confusion - I've also read that 6th/7th teams may be eligible to move up to the Play Off spots in he event of the 5th place team not meeting the required Ground Grading - I think I'm going to lie down with a cool Anorak over my head! :shock:

The Final of the Play Off to join the Conference National is due to be on Thursday 7th May

NOT sure when the other PO semis are - I know the Finals are all due to take place on Sat May 2nd - so I expect they will all have to be played in w/c 27th April.
Of course there are further complications where those in Play Off spots are ineligible for promotion, in which case there are possibly a few 'byes' flying around! :roll:

As for the next STEP down there are no Play Offs merely Grading eligibility for the top two - though usually only the 1st place side go up.
Combined Counties: Bedfont Green (currently sharing at Windsor) are Champions and will be in the Isthmian Div One South next season. They were playing County level football not all that long ago.
Hellenic Premier still a three way fight between Hungerford, Shortwood and Almondsbury but Hungerford are looking favourites (just) to join the Southern One SW.
South Mids also a three-way between Harefield , Biggleswade Town (big shiny new stadium) & Chalfont St Peter - though there a ugly rumours flying around about their ground being unsuitable.
Wessex Premier Poole won the league by a country mile cannot go up - so VTFC (nr Portsmouth) may join Southern One SW
Western Premier Bitton nr Bath/Bristol are Champions but didn't apply for promotion - 2nd spot could be Bideford, Willand (nr Tiverton) or Bristol Manor Farm - none of these have applied.

... cant be @rsed to summarize promotees from Step06 to Step05 - again all over-complicated by issues relating to Lights, Tannoys, Toilets, Fences, Gravel pitch surround, Protected Walkways and whether the buttons are the right colour on the remotes in the Clubhouse! :roll:

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 20 Apr 2009 10:17

The play off semis are Tuesday April 28th and Saturday 2nd May, i'm in Egypt for the Final, which is a right pisser, i went to last seasons final at Stevenage and was a right royal spotted on Setanta, the final is on Setanta again this year so i will need to find somewhere that's showing it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Apr 2009 13:09

Four Of Clubs Well its pretty much taking shape at the top of the Southern One SW

... if I've worked it out right then the Cornishmen (Truro) are promoted for the third season on the bounce - the Play Off matches to join them in the Southern Prem (Ground Grading mullarky notwithstanding ! :? ) will be as follows:-
[2v5:3v4]
Totton/Windsor vs Didcot/Thatcham/(Bridgwater very remote chance - if these two c@ck it up between them - intriguingly Diddy play Thatcham at the Loop on Tuesday eve! With vastly superior GD a draw for Diddy on Tue is probably enough to secure 5th spot.
Totton/Windsor vs Beaconsfield

...the relegation slot(s) again not definite 2 will go what with demotions happening higher up and gradings restricting possible promotees from below :-

Bottom three
Winchester P 40 pts 34
Taunton P41 pts 33
Bracknell P40 pts 32

Tuesday: Bracknell vs Uxbridge
Wednesday: Winchester vs Paulton - a win here for the home club sends Taunton down and possibly the Robins if they've not won the night before.

Last Day fixtures (Sat 25th)
Abingdon United v AFC Totton
Cinderford Town v Bracknell Town
Cirencester Town v Beaconsfield SYCOB
Taunton Town v Burnham
Thatcham Town v Bishops Cleeve
Truro City v Didcot Town
Windsor & Eton v Winchester City

Very squeaky in the SOUTHERN Prem too - with Corby overhauling long-term leaders Farnborough.
'boro play at Merthyr tomorrow night [18:45 KO cos the Martyrs haven't got enough 50ps to put in the meter! :shock: ] a win takes them back top.

Last day fixtures (Sat 25th)
Corby v Banbury (Banbury are trying to stay out of the relegation zone themselves)
Stourbridge vs Farnborough

... Oxford City have an outside chance of a Play Off spot too - have 2 away games at Brackley and Clevedon to try and get above Hemel for 5th spot.

In CONF South - assuming the Beavers don't stroll to a 15-0 win they'll face Hayes & Yeading or Chelmsford ## depending upon whether they can stay above Eastleigh currently in 3rd behind them on GD.

## I think there's even a chance of a 'bye' waiting here for a lucky 2nd place team IF the Magpies overtake Chelmsford in the last game - but then to do so they'd have to beat H&R - who'd of course need H&W to beat Eastleigh so they get the bye. 8)
NB Bit more confusion - I've also read that 6th/7th teams may be eligible to move up to the Play Off spots in he event of the 5th place team not meeting the required Ground Grading - I think I'm going to lie down with a cool Anorak over my head! :shock:

The Final of the Play Off to join the Conference National is due to be on Thursday 7th May

NOT sure when the other PO semis are - I know the Finals are all due to take place on Sat May 2nd - so I expect they will all have to be played in w/c 27th April.
Of course there are further complications where those in Play Off spots are ineligible for promotion, in which case there are possibly a few 'byes' flying around! :roll:

As for the next STEP down there are no Play Offs merely Grading eligibility for the top two - though usually only the 1st place side go up.
Combined Counties: Bedfont Green (currently sharing at Windsor) are Champions and will be in the Isthmian Div One South next season. They were playing County level football not all that long ago.
Hellenic Premier still a three way fight between Hungerford, Shortwood and Almondsbury but Hungerford are looking favourites (just) to join the Southern One SW.
South Mids also a three-way between Harefield , Biggleswade Town (big shiny new stadium) & Chalfont St Peter - though there a ugly rumours flying around about their ground being unsuitable.
Wessex Premier Poole won the league by a country mile cannot go up - so VTFC (nr Portsmouth) may join Southern One SW
Western Premier Bitton nr Bath/Bristol are Champions but didn't apply for promotion - 2nd spot could be Bideford, Willand (nr Tiverton) or Bristol Manor Farm - none of these have applied.

... cant be @rsed to summarize promotees from Step06 to Step05 - again all over-complicated by issues relating to Lights, Tannoys, Toilets, Fences, Gravel pitch surround, Protected Walkways and whether the buttons are the right colour on the remotes in the Clubhouse! :roll:

Excellent update - cheers.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 20 Apr 2009 13:31

Tredder Gutted, what a bag of w@nk Wimbledon are, Hampton can think themselves very unlucky, they had 2 defenders on the deck, one with a gash the size of Gus's chin and the other with an ankle injury, ball out and both players down, the ref allows AFC to take the throw and they attack a team with 2 defenders and score to make it 1-1, thus giving them the league, you'd have thought they'd won the FA Cup, a club like AFC celebrating a draw against Hampton like that, shocking.

How dare they celebrate promotion :evil: A mockery goal, like the one against them last week then.......

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 20 Apr 2009 14:08

2 defenders on the pitch down in agony>ball bouncing over keepers head

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 20 Apr 2009 15:09

Tredder 2 defenders on the pitch down in agony>ball bouncing over keepers head

Neither were head injuries were they? Play on.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 20 Apr 2009 16:03

1 Eastwood Town 41 24 12 5 80 37 43 84
2 Ilkeston Town 40 22 13 5 54 31 23 79
3 FC United of Manchester 41 21 8 12 81 57 24 71
4 Bradford Park Avenue 40 20 11 9 72 49 23 71
5 Kendal Town 41 20 11 10 82 61 21 71
6 Guiseley 40 20 10 10 94 59 35 70
7 Nantwich Town 40 20 10 10 75 40 35 70
8 Hednesford Town 41 21 6 14 77 50 27 69

One game left for FCUM, against Bradford PA. All very tight.
(one goes up automatic, 4 play off spots up for grabs.)

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 20 Apr 2009 16:33

is it just me but are all the leagues up and down the country (bar 1 or 2 naturally) just been ridiculously tight this season? More so than ever.

Even the tediously dull Premiership has been slightly less of a foregone conclusion.

League 2 being the most peculiar, teams in 9th and 10th winning 1 game and going 4th.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 22 Apr 2009 10:30

All teams on equal games played now and it couldn't be tighter as we head into Saturdays round of deciders.

................P  GD  PTS
1 Eastwood Town 41 43 84
2 Ilkeston Town 41 28 82
3 Nantwich Town 41 40 73
4 Guiseley .....41 37 73
5 FC United ... 41 24 71
6 Bradford .... 41 22 71
7 Kendal Town ..41 21 71
8 Hednesford  ..41 27 69

Eastwood Town v Ossett Town
FC United of Manchester v Bradford Park Avenue
Hednesford Town v Leigh Genesis
Kendal Town v Buxton
Nantwich Town v Worksop Town
Whitby Town v Ilkeston Town
Witton Albion v Guiseley

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 22 Apr 2009 10:55

Marauders, are you going to the big one as well as the Spurs one?

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 22 Apr 2009 10:59

Just the Spurs one m8. You'd have to leave Gigg Lane at half time to make KO at OT.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 22 Apr 2009 11:13

Will you have a m8 at the Gigg Lane one, it's all rather exciting.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 22 Apr 2009 11:15

Tredder Will you have a m8 at the Gigg Lane one, it's all rather exciting.

I know a few who'll be there m8. May well see them in town before the matches.

489 posts