Jimmy Kebe

830 posts
Unbelievable Jeff

Re: Jimmy Kebe

by Unbelievable Jeff » 30 Aug 2013 14:50

SCIAG
bigmike
Shame that the odd moment of genius was vastly outnumbered by moments of sheer shitness.

Clolueloless.

He was consistently one of our best players for the past 3.5 seasons and hasn't had a run of bad games since the Rodgers era.

This is a big blow to our hopes of automatic promotion IMO, we're going to have to depend more on McCleary who has so far been inconsistent.

Oxf*rd off

Kebe has been very inconsistent since he joined us. Yes there has been runs of a few games where he has been unstoppable, however as Bigmike said his heroics on the pitch have been outweighed by the times he has done absolutely nothing

I would Also say if Jimmy was a consistent and injury free player he could be playing in the Europa League

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 Aug 2013 14:51

Lots of good memories, but this one is class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNH3Yk4Q_P0

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Aug 2013 14:54

I just don't think he had the footballing brain to play a game based on retaining the ball. He could still have been a real threat in the league, and Adkins may well have wanted him in the past, but his inconsistent delivery would never have worked as well with Lambert and direct his punt and run, mixed with his one trick, style (when he was at his dangerous best) just doesn't combine well with a team who are set up to be a bit more considered in their build up.

If losing Kebe means we can allocate his wages and transfer fee to getting in the forward we're so craving, then I think it will make us stronger overall.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 30 Aug 2013 14:55

Scutterbucketz I wonder what CP fans make of this. I'd be excited if he wasn't so very injury prone.

Not bothered how much we got for him because we sure as fukk won't spend it on players.

Would have preferred to keep him tbh.

Looking at their forum yesterday it seems to be generally positive with the odd concern about his injuries. Some thought they maybe had too many wingers if Kebe signed though.

If the fee is 2m then that's fine with me as that was the fee I was hoping for (whether that is appearance related or not).

I would much rather have kept him too, unless we improve the squad in the next few days i'm not sure whether it's strong enough to make the playoffs as things stand.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 30 Aug 2013 14:55

Colin Cheeselog Meh.

This.

He'll be best remembered for pulling his socks up, which ironically was something largely missing from the rest of his time at the club. Heart - and a footballing brain - the size of a pea. Other than Sockg8 I'll remember :roll: at his desperately poor final ball. What was he good at? Running fast. Brilliant.

The fact that he is so beloved compared to an intelligent, hard-working footballer like McAnuff sums up why Reading fans generally deserve to support such a rubbish football team.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 30 Aug 2013 14:57

floyd__streete
Colin Cheeselog Meh.

This.

He'll be best remembered for pulling his socks up, which ironically was something largely missing from the rest of his time at the club. Heart - and a footballing brain - the size of a pea. Other than Sockg8 I'll remember :roll: at his desperately poor final ball. What was he good at? Running fast. Brilliant.

The fact that he is so beloved compared to an intelligent, hard-working footballer like McAnuff sums up why Reading fans generally deserve to support such a rubbish football team.

+100000000000000000000000000

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 30 Aug 2013 14:59

Jimmy has been an enigma. There are times when he has been superb and others when he has frustrated but overall he has given us a lot of good memories and I wish him well.

It will be sad if anyone boos him should he return to the Madstad one day. At the end of the day it was Adkins who went public the other day and not Kebe and I have never blamed a player for wanting to better himself. So I will give him a good cheer.

Good luck at Palace Jimmy - although I hope you will be playing in the Championship next season whilst RFC are in the PL.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2013 14:59

SCIAG
bigmike
Shame that the odd moment of genius was vastly outnumbered by moments of sheer shitness.

Clolueloless.

He was consistently one of our best players for the past 3.5 seasons and hasn't had a run of bad games since the Rodgers era.

This is a big blow to our hopes of automatic promotion IMO, we're going to have to depend more on McCleary who has so far been inconsistent.

Consistently one of our best players for the past 3.5 seasons? :shock:

The only thing consistent about him during that time was his injury record. The other 'record' was the length of time he took to recover from injuries compared to most other players. I really hope we haven't offered any guarantees!

And if Nick Hammond has managed to avoid the fee being appearance related then he truly has worked a miracle! If, on the other hand, it is appearance related, we can look forward to receiving just a few thousand quid.

KC Royal
Scutterbucketz I wonder what CP fans make of this. I'd be excited if he wasn't so very injury prone.

Not bothered how much we got for him because we sure as fukk won't spend it on players.

Would have preferred to keep him tbh.

Looking at their forum yesterday it seems to be generally positive with the odd concern about his injuries. Some thought they maybe had too many wingers if Kebe signed though.

If the fee is 2m then that's fine with me as that was the fee I was hoping for (whether that is appearance related or not).

I would much rather have kept him too,

The only valid reason for keeping him would be to keep Luke Anthony fully occupied!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 30 Aug 2013 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 30 Aug 2013 15:00

PieEater Lots of good memories, but this one is class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNH3Yk4Q_P0

That's Jimmy in a nutshell, Runs fast and only one trick. not much else to his game.

Does not want to be here, glad he's gone, and if the rumoured 2m is true then it's another master stroke from Hammond.

Lets not forget that this waster has not played since march and has just refused to play despite being fit

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 30 Aug 2013 15:02

72 bus
Lets not forget that this waster has not played since march and has just refused to play despite being fit

How do you know that is true?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2013 15:03

JimmytheJim Jimmy Kebe is a Reading FC legend and deserves to be remembered as such.

Over the past couple of seasons, Kebe transformed himself from something of a mercurial talent into a solid, reliable performer who gave his all for the team. As has been mentioned before in this thread, he did a fantastic job defensively in the Premier League covering for a right-back who may as well not have bothered turning up to most of our games.

The socks incident got right up the noses of West Ham fans, and for that alone his name should be immortalised.

He'll be back in the Championship next year but I do hope that he is given the freedom to excel for Palace in their Premier League supernova this season.

We move on.

He'll no doubt be given the freedom to excel for Palace but when times get tough for them, as they surely will, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up injured.

I can't understand why people (not you) support footballers and wish them well in this sort of scenario. I am well and truly pissed off with footballers wanting and getting the best of both worlds. They demand that clubs give them lucrative long term contracts and then expect those clubs to adhere to the letter of those but at the same time want to be able to walk away from those very same contracts ('to better themselves') when it suits them. If the club refuses to cave in to their demands, they go on strike, work to rule or get 'injured'.

Kebe has contributed the square root of f*ck all to the club since March this year and, in the past week, treated club, manager, teammates and supporters like shyte! I'm pretty sure that when we signed him I expressed concern about signing a player who refuses to play, in order to force a move and warned that the time might come when he did the same to us. If so, I was damn well right.

So sod off Kebe and I hope that the Palace fans enjoy receiving regular updates on your latest 'injury'.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 30 Aug 2013 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Aug 2013 15:06

Unbelievable Jeff
SCIAG
bigmike

Clolueloless.

Oxf*rd off

Kebe has been very inconsistent since he joined us. Yes there has been runs of a few games where he has been unstoppable, however as Bigmike said his heroics on the pitch have been outweighed by the times he has done absolutely nothing

I would Also say if Jimmy was a consistent and injury free player he could be playing in the Europa League

Yeah, no.

If anything, his biggest flaw over the past two seasons in particular was that he started playing 7/10 every week and didn't have quite as many amazing performances (but he still had several- both Newcastle matches, Sunderland at home, West Ham at home). The "inconsistency" charge is a relic of the Coppell/Rodgers days that people haven't got over. It isn't remotely fair to criticise a reliable 7/10 player because he occasionally has a great game whereas you'd praise Harper or Ingimarsson because they were 7-8/10 every week and never 9 or 10.

I think he was just as hard working and almost as intelligent a footballer as McAnuff or Convey. People just slag him off as "unintelligent" or "lazy" or "one-trick" or "inconsistent" or "poor final delivery" because he's also very quick. The guy hit double figures for assists for us twice, in McDermott's first season he equalled McAnuff and the only season he didn't do well in that regard was the one where he fell out with Rodgers. He's not Michail Antonio ffs.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 30 Aug 2013 15:06

Seems to be a lot of footage out their of the Kebe playing for Reading and looking useful 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeKEsczAvqg

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Aug 2013 15:08

bigmike BYEBYE Kebe the clown.

utter nonsense

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 30 Aug 2013 15:09

LoyalRoyalFan
72 bus

How do you know that is true?

Would have played on Tues, chose not to, lets see if he is in the Palace match day squad next week.
Kebe, plays when he wants.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Aug 2013 15:09

genome £2 million apparently.

Hammond with another masterstroke.

surely a typo

that figure needs another two zeros

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Aug 2013 15:10

JimmytheJim Jimmy Kebe is a Reading FC legend and deserves to be remembered as such.

Over the past couple of seasons, Kebe transformed himself from something of a mercurial talent into a solid, reliable performer who gave his all for the team. As has been mentioned before in this thread, he did a fantastic job defensively in the Premier League covering for a right-back who may as well not have bothered turning up to most of our games.

The socks incident got right up the noses of West Ham fans, and for that alone his name should be immortalised.

He'll be back in the Championship next year but I do hope that he is given the freedom to excel for Palace in their Premier League supernova this season.

We move on.

yeah that^^^

i love royston now

but its a slightly more reserved love than i had for jimmy, knowing now as i do, that he will also eventually leave. they always do.
is it something im doing? :cry:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Aug 2013 15:12

St. Brynjar Best player we've had for the last 6 or so years. Could have left multiple times but stayed. If the rumours of loyalty to Brian are true then that's utterly commendable and a quality you don't see from professional footballers very often. For sockgate, Newcastlegate and so many matchwinning performances we at least owe him the courtesy of a thank you. Good luck to a great player who is taking his last chance at playing at the highest level.

infrequently hilariously poor, sometimes good, often brilliant, occasionally as good as anyone

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 30 Aug 2013 15:12

floyd__streete
Colin Cheeselog Meh.

This.

^ this. Kebe has treated this club and its fans like mugs.

It not au revoir, it's good riddance...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2013 15:12

2.8 lita injection Seems to be a lot of footage out their of the Kebe playing for Reading and looking useful 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeKEsczAvqg

If Luke Anthony had been filming events there would have been far more footage of Kebe looking injured!

830 posts