World Cup Play-Offs

522 posts
Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: World Cup Play-Offs

by Tony Le Mesmer » 20 Nov 2009 13:08

Truest words ive ever heard Keano spoken.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 20 Nov 2009 13:20

Keane in talking utter bollocks shocker

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Nov 2009 13:53

Yeah what a legend for beign more bitter and twisted than spacey :lol:

BTW - just had a read through the lot here and I can't of much funnier things than someone accusing all and sundry of getting their facts wrong then resurrecting the old "Reading cheated v watford" guff :lol:

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 20 Nov 2009 14:40

My only thought is that football has a way of punishing you for not taking your chances.

If Ireland had put away one of the 3 or 4 golden opportunities they had, then we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

Still a cheating C@nt mind.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 20 Nov 2009 15:54

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 370764.stm

Henry emphasises that the handball was not deliberate but instinctive, that he has admitted it was handball, and says that a replay would be the 'fairest solution'.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 20 Nov 2009 16:08

Seal My only thought is that football has a way of punishing you for not taking your chances.

If Ireland had put away one of the 3 or 4 golden opportunities they had, then we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

Still a cheating C@nt mind.

that's a fair point

as for roy keane, for a guy who bangs on about integrity he is the biggest hypocrite in football, he seems awful upset that John Delaney the head of the FAI didn't call him, whereas he, himself didn't even answer the phone when Elias Short the Sunderland chairman called him

a bitter and twisted man, and like Stephen Ireland, he has serious serious issues, Cork people are a law onto themselves, to be honest can the UK take Cork off us aswell, you've taken the embittered North, now take the Southern tip too please, it's just as plagued with baddies (apologies to all good-hearted Northern irelanders)

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 20 Nov 2009 16:09

It is laughable that he says he is not a cheat. Oh, yes, he fúcking is a cheat.

It's akin to a thief stealing a bit of a cash and claiming that he is not a thief.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 20 Nov 2009 16:37

Thaumagurist*

It's akin to a thief stealing a bit of a cash and claiming that he is not a thief.

lol

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 20 Nov 2009 16:43

instinctive...my hole, unless it's your instinct to cheat you slimy french tart

as far martin hansson the guy is a fireman, imagine your cat was stuck up a tree, the guy would come back to you with a branch, blind swedish twat

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 20 Nov 2009 16:46

Gus the teenage cow instinctive...my hole, unless it's your instinct to cheat you slimy french tart

as far martin hansson the guy is a fireman, imagine your cat was stuck up a tree, the guy would come back to you with a branch, blind swedish twat

To be fair, he'd had a great game up until then, and it was the lino who should have given it.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 20 Nov 2009 16:51

I am very sympathetic for the irish, it was a blatant hand-ball and the ref should have spotted it.

But I agree with Roy Keane, they should have taken their chances, thats what gets your team to the finals. Doyler had a great chance in the first leg. France took their chances, well more than the Irish did anyway, and they will be in SA 2010.

There would be no point replaying the game because you would have countless matches replayed for incidents that are a blatant bit of cheating and the season would never end, would be stupid. Although I do think that this game should open Fifa's eyes and use technology that they have been using in things like Cricket for years!

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 20 Nov 2009 17:01

1871 Royal France took their chances

what, you mean the deflection and the handball assist, ya clinical stuff!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 20 Nov 2009 20:15

Gus the teenage cow
1871 Royal France took their chances

what, you mean the deflection and the handball assist, ya clinical stuff!

Turn it round then.

Ireland didn't defend as well as France.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Nov 2009 20:23

Zammo http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8370327.stm

The world's greatest football manager adds his thoughts. :roll:

I have no interest in Roy Keane, nor ireland FC

However, that is one bit of common sense voiced from the fellah

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Nov 2009 20:33

1871 Royal I am very sympathetic for the irish, it was a blatant hand-ball and the ref should have spotted it.

But I agree with Roy Keane, they should have taken their chances, thats what gets your team to the finals. Doyler had a great chance in the first leg. France took their chances, well more than the Irish did anyway, and they will be in SA 2010.

There would be no point replaying the game because you would have countless matches replayed for incidents that are a blatant bit of cheating and the season would never end, would be stupid. Although I do think that this game should open Fifa's eyes and use technology that they have been using in things like Cricket for years!

Doyle had an even better chance in the 1st half this week. His running and effort can't be faulted but he is looking like an Irish Heskey these days.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Nov 2009 20:43

Henry should be punished not the French fans and I think they are ashamed of his antics as are their ex-players. To replay would be just as unfair to them as the initial incident was to the Irish. It's unfortunate but that's currently

As was said in one of the papers this morning a revolution of fair play must start somewhere and for me this is the place to start. Unfortunately FIFA are too obsessed about the Iraqi FA and other matters to care about a on-field issue like this.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 20 Nov 2009 21:03

Just seen the Keane interview i full and i agree with a lot of the stuff he says, yes he's got something against the FAI but comments about the defending of the goal and the chances they missed along with the lucky pen against Georgia give a good case.

LOL at the evils he gave the journalist who's phone was ringing.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 21 Nov 2009 12:42

Motson just summed up my feelings perfectly on this. Football is not like Rugby or Cricket so stop saying how much it has helped those sports. If they introduced video evidence for goal decisions then it would be maybe 1 season before people were asking for it for offsides, then handballs, then diving, then something else.

Before long the game is changed massively for ever and it is the end of the game as we now know it.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Nov 2009 13:10

sandman As was said in one of the papers this morning a revolution of fair play must start somewhere and for me this is the place to start. Unfortunately FIFA are too obsessed about the Iraqi FA and other matters to care about a on-field issue like this.

Maybe if people stopped avoiding the issue it would help.

A 'fair play' revolution' need have nothng to do with FIFA, UEFA, the FA or any other body.

They can have initiatives and campaigns for ever without it having any effect.

The people who need to do something or managers and players. They are the ones who cheat, or condone cheating. If one manager in a top game subbed a player who had cheated and made it clear that was what he had one, or if players stopped appealing for things they knew were not theirs, and stopped diving, and handling the ball then the problem is solved. It would have to happen in that way to have any effect, but of course it never will because there isn;t the will amongst those who play the game for it to happen.

Pointing fingers at FIFA etc is a cop out. Maybe if fans started booing cheats (especially if they play for there own side !)....

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 21 Nov 2009 15:36

soggy biscuit Motson just summed up my feelings perfectly on this. Football is not like Rugby or Cricket so stop saying how much it has helped those sports. If they introduced video evidence for goal decisions then it would be maybe 1 season before people were asking for it for offsides, then handballs, then diving, then something else.

Before long the game is changed massively for ever and it is the end of the game as we now know it.

So why doesn't that stand for rugby? Why aren't people asking for video replays for offsides, holding on in the ruck, high tackles, crossing etc?

As I understand it, rugby, like cricket, uses video technology for a very narrow range of events (I've only ever seen it used in rugby to determine whether a try should be awarded). No reason that the use of video in football couldn't equally be limited to decisions on whether the ball has crossed the line, for example.

522 posts