World Cup Bid

647 posts
soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

Re: World Cup Bid

by soggy biscuit » 03 Dec 2010 15:02

FiNeRaIn should pull out of FIFA.

That'll be fun playing all the other non FIFA affiliated teams. The Vatican here we come!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Dec 2010 15:04

soggy biscuit

That'll be fun playing all the other non FIFA affiliated teams. The Vatican here we come!

Try hard to make sense of this post, whats the vatican got to do with anything?

Take the british clubs out of europe, the lot. We'll manage our own leagues, one where we do change the offside law every 5 minutes and book players for taking their shirts off.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Dec 2010 15:06

You don't have to be a little Englander to know that Fifa are completely crooked spacktards. The bigger scandal would've been if it had gone to Spain/Portugal who definitely can't afford it and you have to ask the same question about England as well especially with the cost of the Olympics added on top. Russia and Qatar have the most money so naturally they have won the hosting rights.

There are some key questions though. For instance, was England's bid really the worst for 2018? I can't believe that the answer to that is yes even if you agree with the decision not to give it to England.

The same question applies to the Aussie bid for 2022. They put on possibly the best Olympics ever in 2000 so why were they the first bid out of the running for 2022? They were perfectly capable of holding the worlds biggest sporting event why not it's second biggest. It's not as if Fifa could use the argument that Australia isn't a country with a massive football following. They are so passionate about sport in general that they would have embraced the tournament even though football isn't their national sport (at least they've actually had a team play in the finals).

Another question is what exactly do the Fifa technical commitee who look at the potential venues do? Both of the countries who won had the worst infrastructure reports yet they've won the rights to host. It seems pretty clear now as if there was any doubt before that these people were on a piss up.

It didn't matter what England did or didn't do they were never going to win. Panorama could've aired an investigation about how lovely those nice people at Fifa are and how they love puppies and Christmas and it wouldn't of made a blind bit of difference. Lets face it we are talking about an organisation whose leader is so deluded that he thinks he can win a nobel prize for taking a sporting event to a different place. Once again just in case you didn't understand it the first 50 times we didn't have a chance. If Mars had bid it would've won the rights ahead of England.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Dec 2010 15:36

FiNeRaIn
soggy biscuit

Try hard to make sense of this post, whats the vatican got to do with anything?

Take the british clubs out of europe, the lot. We'll manage our own leagues, one where we do change the offside law every 5 minutes and book players for taking their shirts off.

because being outside of FIFA leaves a select few potential opponents.

There's even a gypsy team.

My hunch is that we thought, really thought, we had Jack Warner's votes and some more of the African votes. Instead, they dropped en masse to Russia, eliminating us embarassingly and ensuring an early win for Russia. We got played.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 03 Dec 2010 15:41

papereyes My hunch is that we thought, really thought, we had Jack Warner's votes and some more of the African votes. Instead, they dropped en masse to Russia, eliminating us embarassingly and ensuring an early win for Russia. We got played.

Certainly did, We had 6 or 7 firm pledges, but a couple of them even voted against Russia and for Netherlands-Belgium in the first ballot just to make sure we were eliminated first.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Dec 2010 15:42

Few opponents to what though?

International football is dire and boring these days, so the England national team not playing wouldn't bother many people. I would much rather watch man utd vs man city, then man utd vs any european team, simply because of the passion on the terraces. Keep football within Britain, we don't need some outside force telling us how to run out game and balls the the Ueafa and champions league. Hopefully the amount of foreigners would decrease and so would the wages and ticket prices too.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 03 Dec 2010 15:45

to play against.

I guess not playing would be one way of approaching it.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 03 Dec 2010 15:45

Svlad Cjelli
papereyes My hunch is that we thought, really thought, we had Jack Warner's votes and some more of the African votes. Instead, they dropped en masse to Russia, eliminating us embarassingly and ensuring an early win for Russia. We got played.

Certainly did, We had 6 or 7 firm pledges, but a couple of them even voted against Russia and for Netherlands-Belgium in the first ballot just to make sure we were eliminated first.

Ouch.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Dec 2010 15:47

papereyes

to play against.

I guess not playing would be one way of approaching it.

Thats my point though, its not even the champions league anymore, its just the big clubs in europe because it generated more money into the game.

Clubs like us and everyone apart from the top six don't even care about Europe.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 03 Dec 2010 15:59

Svlad Cjelli

Has this been widely reported Dirk or is it from your sources? Do you think they ever planned to vote for us and Blatter's last minute pep talk changed their mind, or did they just straight up lie to our faces?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Dec 2010 16:00

FiNeRaIn Clubs like us and everyone apart from the top six don't even care about Europe.

:?: So why do always get so excited when Celtic get knocked out early :|

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 03 Dec 2010 16:05

southbank1871
Svlad Cjelli

Has this been widely reported Dirk or is it from your sources? Do you think they ever planned to vote for us and Blatter's last minute pep talk changed their mind, or did they just straight up lie to our faces?

I've heard it from sources and seen it in the paper - forget which one, though - and I worded it badly before. At least 2 of the voters did vote Netherlands-Belgium so we were out first, then they switched to support Russia.
AND
We had at least 6 or 7 definite first choices, promised directly to Andy Anson's face, which never materialised, but I'm not sure it's the latter who did the voting for Netherlands-Belgium, though,

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 03 Dec 2010 16:07

southbank1871
Svlad Cjelli

The Jack Warner bit I heard on the radio either from someone there or directly attributed to him. That was a group of 3 votes (his, US chaps and Guatemala(?)).

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 03 Dec 2010 16:16

Jack Warner is quite the pcunt really isn't he?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Dec 2010 16:17

So when the FIFA delegates say that the meejia is to blame as a result of being prompted for a easy answer, why does no one ask them the obvious next question

"Which aspects of a free press do you feel lost votes and why?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 03 Dec 2010 16:24

tbh im glad we didn't get it.......theres something kind of exciting seeing a world cup in another country. We see Old trafford, Anfield, St James Park etc every week on TV.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Dec 2010 16:24

southbank1871 Jack Warner is quite the pcunt really isn't he?

I think this is the one that really got under the skin of the bid team too. We had that whole shitty friendly out there a couple of years back as a way of buttering them up.

How we ever really thought we had him in our pockets with all the stuff he's come out about us in the past is beyond me though. I think the bid team made a ricket if they were banking on him supplying 3 votes.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular

by southbank1871 » 03 Dec 2010 16:27

TBM tbh im glad we didn't get it.......theres something kind of exciting seeing a world cup in another country. We see Old trafford, Anfield, St James Park etc every week on TV.

There is an element of that to be fair Pulfers, but I would have quite liked one world cup in England in my lifetime

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 03 Dec 2010 16:28

southbank1871
TBM tbh im glad we didn't get it.......theres something kind of exciting seeing a world cup in another country. We see Old trafford, Anfield, St James Park etc every week on TV.

There is an element of that to be fair Pulfers, but I would have quite liked one world cup in England in my lifetime

2030?

At least by then we may be good enough to win it

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 03 Dec 2010 16:29

southbank1871

True, but Russian & Qatar are both going to be utter bastards to attend.

647 posts