No Fixed Abode Dean Saunders sacked.

First with the news. 8)

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Wolves - You've Let us down again

by reading_fan » 07 May 2013 13:42

Two pieces from the ever excellent F365 Mediawatch page

February 13, 2012: Wolves sack Mick McCarthy. "Mick McCarthy has done a fantastic job but if we continued in this way we were definitely going to be relegated," says Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey.

February 24, 2012: Wolves appoint Terry Connor. "This is a decisive step which creates certainty. The players are fully behind it," says chairman Steve Morgan.

May 11, 2012: Wolves appoint Stale Solbakken, with Connor staying on as his assistant. "It could be considered a left-field appointment, but we wanted to think outside the box," says Steve Morgan. "If you look at anyone else out there, then of course they have much more experience in English football but they have nothing like his success rate. And all appointments are a gamble. But there's no-one out there with a track record that comes anywhere near his."

September 3, 2012: Wolves sack Terry Connor. "Terry leaves Wolves with the very best wishes and thanks of everyone at the club," says a statement.

January 5: Wolves sack Stale Solbakken. "Wolves are 18th in the Championship after a hugely disappointing run of performances and results, culminating in Saturday's FA Cup third round defeat to Luton Town," says a statement.

January 7: Wolves appoint Dean Saunders. "We need some short-term success, rather than just thinking that everything is going to be OK tomorrow," says Jez Moxey.

May 7: Wolves sack Dean Saunders. "The decision has been made following confirmation of Wolves' relegation to npower League One," says a statement.

and

Dean Saunders, February 23: "And another thing that has pleased me is in Ladbrokes, we're not one of the three favourites to get relegated and they don't normally get it wrong. They have looked at our squad and thought 'they will get out of it' and that's what I'm thinking...

"I've never been sacked before and I will not be sacked here."

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 May 2013 13:50

No Fixed Abode

First with the news. 8)

Yeah, we must share the same Twitter followers.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 May 2013 14:32

reading_fan
Dean Saunders, February 23: "And another thing that has pleased me is in Ladbrokes, we're not one of the three favourites to get relegated and they don't normally get it wrong. They have looked at our squad and thought 'they will get out of it' and that's what I'm thinking...

:shock: :lol:

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 07 May 2013 14:38

reading_fan
Dean Saunders, February 23: "And another thing that has pleased me is in Ladbrokes, we're not one of the three favourites to get relegated and they don't normally get it wrong. They have looked at our squad and thought 'they will get out of it' and that's what I'm thinking..."

Christ, that is ashtonishing.

I hate it when people that say "the bookies don't get it wrong" in this context. Supposing the bookies have you at 2/1 to go down - that suggests you have a 33% chance of relegation. Is it reasonable to make out that, if you go down, the bookies were wrong? It seems a misapprehension of the idea of probability.

Quite apart from the fact that it actually comes down to the bookies' liability, so what you're actually saying is "the average bloke on the street isn't putting money on us going down, and they don't normally get it wrong." :roll:

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 07 May 2013 14:40

Albert Spangler
TFF

Beautiful (sorry 'bout the size)

I'm surprised Donfers is that fussed, tbh.

belated ALOL

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 07 May 2013 15:02

Alexander Litvinenko Do Wolves keep the parachute payments? I always thought they did, but I've heard it suggested they only keep them if they stay in the Championship. Not sure on this one, but if they lose those it'll be a financial disaster for them.

Morgan seems to think so.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 07 May 2013 15:06

Cobi
Alexander Litvinenko Do Wolves keep the parachute payments? I always thought they did, but I've heard it suggested they only keep them if they stay in the Championship. Not sure on this one, but if they lose those it'll be a financial disaster for them.

Morgan seems to think so.

Yep -the Pompey example someone pointed out seems to suggest they do keep them.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 May 2013 18:19

No Fixed Abode

First with the news. 8)

Pretty sure that was Steve Morgan.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 07 May 2013 19:16

Jackson Corner Mark Mcghee is out of work? He could take them to the next level div. 2

Isn't FSB Scotland's assistant manager?

Oh, I see what you mean now!

Fluff

by Fluff » 07 May 2013 19:54

My Wolves supporting work colleague phoned in sick today, can't imagine why :D

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 07 May 2013 23:17

Fluff My Wolves supporting work colleague phoned in sick today, can't imagine why :D

cos he was ill??? Is this a trick question?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 May 2013 06:32

Ill as a parrot probably.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Jun 2013 21:38

Hope Jez Moxey doesn't attempt to go into stand up after his awful attempt at a joke at the Press Conference to announce Jackett as Wolves new manager.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 04 Jun 2013 10:20

Which was?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 04 Jun 2013 10:53

I didn't realise Jamie O'Hara is only 26......could be a decent signing, playing down the left or in the middle

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 04 Jun 2013 15:15

Ideal
TBM I didn't realise Jamie O'Hara is only 26......could be a decent signing, playing down the left or in the middle

He got Wolves relegated

So going by that statement all our players are shit too

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Jun 2013 15:19

I liked O'Hara at Spurs and Pompey...perhaps he just fell victim to circumstance at Wolves

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 04 Jun 2013 17:00

TBM
Ideal
TBM I didn't realise Jamie O'Hara is only 26......could be a decent signing, playing down the left or in the middle

He got Wolves relegated

So going by that statement all our players are shit too

Awkward.......

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Jun 2013 19:56

Wolves reveal excepts of some of the applications received :

1. …I am 21 years old and currently work at ASDA, including Saturday afternoons, so I haven’t been able to have a Season Ticket for the last two seasons. I am young, have no experience in the football field, and little to prove I can manage a football club. However, I believe I can do it…..

2. …Myself and my support staff are proven in the world of Fantasy Football and since the 2006/07 season have consistently won our respective leagues. However, having been so successful we feel it’s now time to challenge ourselves further. ..

3.…I believe my record on Football Manager speaks for itself. In my latest file, I took Aston Villa into fifth position, only missing out on the Champions League by one point. Similarly I have managed at the lower levels, and with Southend United I was able to create club history with back-to-back promotions before cementing our place in the Championship. This is probably my greatest achievement on the 2013 edition…

4. …I have a wealth of experience built up on www.soccermanager.com I’m currently manager of Leicester City and have led them from League One to the Premiership. We are currently halfway through the season but I’m not under contract and could leave at any time. I only spend half an hour everyday running this team which I would be happy to continue to do in my lunch break….

5. …Please understand that a Skype or phone interview would be the most convenient for me….

6. …I am writing with reference to my recent application for the vacant manager’s job at Wolverhampton Wanderers. I understand that will you have been inundated with applications and dare I say a few ‘pranksters’ among them. But I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate and assure you that my application was sent with the upmost sincerity. We were unaware of any postal strikes around this date, and can only assume it has unfortunately got lost in the postal system or been the casualty of a communication breakdown…..

7. …I have supported Wolves for years and to actually lead the team out onto the Molineux pitch would be a dream come true. I don’t as yet have my footballers’ coaching badges but it should not take long to get them. The only thing I do not have is experience, although watching Sky Sports a lot has given me an insight into management……

8. …I have an interest in football as I help run my local Beaver Scouts and we play football to a high standard often only losing by, on average, three goals per session….

9. …I have lots of good ideas to make the team better and the only thing I ask for is a mirror so I can look at myself constantly and a kennel for my dog….

10. …If you could see your way to supplying a copy of The Sun everyday then I would sign a contract for at least two years…

11. …I believe I am the best person for the job and my other achievement is representing the Police in the annual tiddlywinks competition, which as you know is an intense and hazardous sport…

12. ...I am 45 years old, have studied the game for many years, and would gladly relocate if offered the position…

13. …My Football Manager experience has included FA Cup, League Cup and European experience and has allowed me to become an expert in work permits, scouting, tactics and man management…

14. ...I have just arrived back in the country again and have found out that the manager post at Wolves has become available. I would like to request a formal application for the post…

15. …We have pioneered a state-of-the-art scouting system, assembling a network of computer monitors and TV screens enabling the viewer to watch up to six games simultaneously…

16. …I am responsible to my manager for the delivery of a high standard of husbandry welfare and visitor satisfaction which encourages repeat visitors. This is an area which I feel could be developed at WWFC however radical it may seem…

17. …We met at University in October, 2010, and it was immediately clear that we shared an indefatigable zest for tactical progress and excellence in sporting performance. A managerial duo with almost unlimited potential, ***’s experience as a manager at John Lewis and ****’s as an assistant at Sainsbury’s blends an ideal combination of leadership and organisational prowess…

18. …I won the ‘Student of the half term’ award in October 2010 and December 2011.

19. …I’m pretty awesome on FIFA and my Spurs team are currently dominating the world. I reckon I could get you back into the Premier League in three years given the opportunity…

20. ...I feel there is one obvious solution you have overlooked. Only one option remains open to you. Give the job to a woman. As you must already know it takes a woman to get any work out of a man…

21. …My contract demands are simple. £5,000 per week, a cool office which overlooks the pitch, maybe a company car, a few free tickets for my mates, and a modest transfer kitty of £20,000,000.

22. …I am currently completing my GCSE’s so I am unable to give you my qualifications. I know you may be thinking – a 16-year-old boy? But my ambition and passion for the game is to get Wolves back where they belong…

23. …I currently have responsibility for a range of endangered species including apes, large carnivores and some hoof stock. I believe this will equip me very well for managing the players, press and fans. Although we look after apes, I don’t tolerate any monkeying around…

24. …I hold a full driving licence and British passport which will facilitate travel. I assume the manager will also have to drive the bus in these difficult times? I realise the requirement of a passport is a little presumptuous but forward planning is key!...

25. …We are a formidable working football partnership, in the mould of some of the great duo’s such as Clough & Taylor, Ferguson & Kidd and Saint & Greavsie…

26. …**** has a knowledge which will help develop the structure of the Wolverhampton Wanderers football team from grass roots level upwards. He has also upgraded his Sky subscription to include ESPN to further broaden his footballing knowledge…

27. …I am a regular participant of FIFA 11 on the Wii and PS2 where I have developed and refined my man-management skills and tactical nous. I also won last season’s work’s fantasy football league, beating 26 other competitors and pocketing a sizeable £135 in cash…

28. …I already understand the offside rule which should be a big advantage over some of the other candidates….

29. …We consistently predicted correctly 56 per cent of Premier League fixtures last season. We fully understand the offside rule and are familiar with many formations including 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 3-5-2 and 5-5…

30. …My knowledge of tactics and formation is strong as I have been an avid player of Football Manager for the last six years. Hopefully you can contact me back with your interest and then we can meet in person to talk about my contract….

513 posts