THE BETTING THREAD

7772 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: THE BETTING THREAD

by Sanguine » 16 Sep 2016 14:11

Top Flight Where a team is shorter than they should be.

Apart from Barnsley, who are much longer than they think they should be.

On the rules, there are no rules. No 'methods', no 'better ways'. You keep plugging away.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 Sep 2016 14:13

Top Flight Also Sanguine, my bets are very much within the risk management rules now. Your message has definitely hit home. Even on the Betfair lay, I am not risking more than a tenner. I am looking at the teams who are priced too short at the 1.6 / 1.7 / 1.8 / 1.9 range where they should really be a 2.3 or a 2.4 or a 2.5.

If you look at the teams I have layed on Betfair recently they are:

Fluminense at 1.73
Gremio at 2.32 (This was higher because Gremio were playing league leaders Palmeiras so I risked a bit more on this one. Still they were too short against the league leaders)
Cruzeiro at 1.8
Ath Bilbao at 1.4
Ebbsfleet at 1.65 (This one I probably misjudged. Ebbsfleet were worth their short price)
Peterborough at 1.9
Fulham at 1.9
Cambridge at 3.8 (Cambridge were bottom and they faced Plymouth away from home who are near the top - longer price, worth the risk)

I think I am sticking within the rules now. Don't you agree?

No, because you just wrote a list that included two games where you broke your own self-imposed rule just because you felt like it. :lol:

'These are my rules, except when I want to break them. You remind me of Steve Martin in The Jerk.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Sep 2016 14:55

Its Friday - can only mean one thing - Its all about French League 2.

Firstly - studying it...I am staggered at the odds difference between coral on-line and coral in shop. Coral in shop are paying unbelievable odds for tonight's games.

I have a few trebles running with most involving Amiens at £1 stakes. I do not understand why they are 9/1 to BTTS win tonight. Top of the table and scoring goals.

Anyone - Paultheroyal big money price tip of the night is

Amiens and Le Harve BTTS win - £7 pays £350.

double d

by double d » 16 Sep 2016 15:28

paultheroyal Its Friday - can only mean one thing - Its all about French League 2.

Firstly - studying it...I am staggered at the odds difference between coral on-line and coral in shop. Coral in shop are paying unbelievable odds for tonight's games.

I have a few trebles running with most involving Amiens at £1 stakes. I do not understand why they are 9/1 to BTTS win tonight. Top of the table and scoring goals.

IN!!!!

How is the Scandinavian research going? I am going to start doing some BTTS Win for Conference North and South. Studying this over few weeks and most games are BTTS Win

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 16 Sep 2016 15:36

paultheroyal Its Friday - can only mean one thing - Its all about French League 2.

The Amiens game was already postponed last night

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Sep 2016 15:40

double d

IN!!!!

How is the Scandinavian research going? I am going to start doing some BTTS Win for Conference North and South. Studying this over few weeks and most games are BTTS Win

That's a good idea Double D. Both teams always score whenever Wealdstone are involved. I'm also studying Conference South this year and watching all Wealdstone games that don't Clash with Reading home or local matches. Hampton and Richmond can be relied on to win often at this level. They were strong when they came to Ruislip.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Sep 2016 15:58

Winston Smith

You are kidding me? Both online and in-shop are showing it as on...gggrrr.

Bets are placed so I guess it just becomes a single or double now....

I will be back with another double in a bit.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 16 Sep 2016 16:08

paultheroyal
Winston Smith

You are kidding me? Both online and in-shop are showing it as on...gggrrr.

Bets are placed so I guess it just becomes a single or double now....

I will be back with another double in a bit.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/ligue-2/2016-2017/live-gfc-ajaccio-amiens-sc_mtc859592/live.shtml

http://nr.soccerway.com/national/france/ligue-2/20162017/regular-season/r35875/

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Sep 2016 16:15

That's such poor form from Corals.

Oh well - for me I will then pounce on the 2 teams who can leapfrog Amiens into top spot tonight......

Fancy Strasbourg to BTTS win over Orleans - and I will double up with Reims but that's a tougher call against Sochaux who seem to be involved in a lot of games to nil but will take heart that they did not beat Auxerre last week.

So - I have some £1 trebles going on but the double tonight is

Strasbourg and Reims - BTTS win - £5 pays £262.50

I will also do a £2 treble involving Le Harve - £2 pays £462

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Sep 2016 17:31

For my fellow betting pros, not to be missed tonight is the BT Sport Preview of the upcoming Hyundai A-League season. BT Sport 3 at 10:15pm.

Adelaide United won the A-League last season. It will be good to get a preview and the experts take on the runners and riders this season. I'm sure the A-League will throw up some good opportunities to make money.

At the moment, I'm feeling that the MLS and Brazil's Serie A are good places to find opportunities.
I also believe the National League and National League's North and South offer further good opportunities.
These are my favourite leagues at the moment where I'm getting good success.

The Championship is a bit of a minefield as is La Liga and the EPL, but there are still good opportunities if you are careful.

Paul the Royal is finding good opportunities in Ligue 2 innit mate? You were very close last Friday night. I might join you on Ligue 2 tonight.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Sep 2016 19:24

Top Flight For my fellow betting pros.

:lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Sep 2016 20:35

What's funny?

We're busy making money here :D

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Sep 2016 21:01

7 of the 8 games BTTS...

Of a six fold accumulator guess who was the dick who got greedy and picked the 1-0 at 275/1 gggrrrrr

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 16 Sep 2016 21:24

Put £10 on PSG, Groningen & Chelsea at the last minute.

Chelsea get a goal back. Come on you pcunts! :roll:

double d

by double d » 16 Sep 2016 21:37

paultheroyal 7 of the 8 games BTTS...

Of a six fold accumulator guess who was the dick who got greedy and picked the 1-0 at 275/1 gggrrrrr

I FCKING DID A BTTS (not win) ACCA ON ALL 8 GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!! AGHHHHGGHHHGHHGGGHHGG

I still love the PTR (tm) bets :D

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Sep 2016 21:39

Oh no!

That must of been around 450/1?

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 16 Sep 2016 21:42

double d

I FCKING DID A BTTS (not win) ACCA ON ALL 8 GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!! AGHHHHGGHHHGHHGGGHHGG

:shock:

Give us the details!!

double d

by double d » 16 Sep 2016 21:43

paultheroyal Oh no!

That must of been around 450/1?

510/1 :evil:

Oh well.... only lost £1 at the end of the day. Currently winning on Liverpool, AC Milan, PSG-3 And Colonge and Bochum with my 5ver bet so that's quite a bit made back

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 16 Sep 2016 21:44

Thought you meant you won it! :lol:

double d

by double d » 16 Sep 2016 21:46

Winston Smith
double d

:shock:

Give us the details!!

Just did BTTS on all French ligue 2 games. All but 1 came in.

Last season, PTR had some absolutely epic bets come in which is where the famous BTTS and win bets came on here. I remember the returns were in the high 100's and ever since then every friday WITHOUT FAIL there are more bets.

BTTS and win are by far in football betting the hardest ones to win on but the most lucrative.

7772 posts