LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8685 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Apr 2016 15:29

The compensation vultures are circling as we speak.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 26 Apr 2016 16:53

Intensely moving extract from the lengthy Guardian article today:

...There were some police officers whose decency stood out. One was Russell Greaves, a detective constable who tried to revive Sarah Hicks, 19, on the pitch after she had been brought out of the crush next to her sister, Vicki, 15. Trevor and Jenni Hicks, the girls’ parents, had given heart-wrenching evidence. Trevor was said by witnesses to have been running between the girls, as desperate attempts were made to revive them, shouting and pleading: “Not both of them: they’re all I’ve got.”

Trevor Hicks himself tried to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on Vicki, which involved, he testified, sucking vomit from her mouth, then he went with her in an ambulance – another scene of hell, with a teenage crush victim, Gary Jones, on the floor, and Hicks trying not to stand on him. He believed another ambulance would be along for Sarah but, as Greaves recalled, no ambulance came. They carried Sarah on an advertising hoarding to the gymnasium, but there were no ambulances there either, so they laid her on the pitch and performed CPR again. Eventually, qualified medical staff told them she was dead. Greaves recalled that he closed Sarah’s eyes.

At the end of his evidence, Greaves asked if he could say a few words. A big man with a moustache, overcome with emotion, he then read something he had prepared, to a rapt courtroom. “Just mere words cannot comfort Trevor or Jenni Hicks, or remove their sense of loss, pain and utter devastation,” he said. “But I would like to take this opportunity to say to them that I did my very best for Sarah in the circumstances. I could not have done more. For the time I was with Sarah, Sarah was with someone who cared. Sarah was not alone.”

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 26 Apr 2016 17:52

Ascotexgunner The compensation vultures are circling as we speak.

This had better be 'bantz'.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Apr 2016 19:15

Rein it in Stealth.........what Ascot is trying to say is that no unworthy ambulance-chasers should be profiteering from this tragedy

Not that it needed saying

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 26 Apr 2016 20:49

Ark Royal Intensely moving extract from the lengthy Guardian article today:

...There were some police officers whose decency stood out. One was Russell Greaves, a detective constable who tried to revive Sarah Hicks, 19, on the pitch after she had been brought out of the crush next to her sister, Vicki, 15. Trevor and Jenni Hicks, the girls’ parents, had given heart-wrenching evidence. Trevor was said by witnesses to have been running between the girls, as desperate attempts were made to revive them, shouting and pleading: “Not both of them: they’re all I’ve got.”

Trevor Hicks himself tried to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on Vicki, which involved, he testified, sucking vomit from her mouth, then he went with her in an ambulance – another scene of hell, with a teenage crush victim, Gary Jones, on the floor, and Hicks trying not to stand on him. He believed another ambulance would be along for Sarah but, as Greaves recalled, no ambulance came. They carried Sarah on an advertising hoarding to the gymnasium, but there were no ambulances there either, so they laid her on the pitch and performed CPR again. Eventually, qualified medical staff told them she was dead. Greaves recalled that he closed Sarah’s eyes.

At the end of his evidence, Greaves asked if he could say a few words. A big man with a moustache, overcome with emotion, he then read something he had prepared, to a rapt courtroom. “Just mere words cannot comfort Trevor or Jenni Hicks, or remove their sense of loss, pain and utter devastation,” he said. “But I would like to take this opportunity to say to them that I did my very best for Sarah in the circumstances. I could not have done more. For the time I was with Sarah, Sarah was with someone who cared. Sarah was not alone.”

Worth pointing that although Greaves was a policeman he was off duty and attending as a fan.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Apr 2016 20:57

Yep, had he been in uniform, he might've been deployed elsewhere in the ground......or were you implying he wouldn't have been so humane?

Sadly, the word "Police" in this sad tale seems to be the generic word for all that was wrong that day........however like the medical services that were finally tasked to attend.....there were a lot of good guys who have been let down by their superiors

King of Sting

by King of Sting » 26 Apr 2016 22:35

I don't come on here very often. I won't come on again after this post. My hob nob experience began a few years back when I came on to say thanks for a show of support from Reading fans on LFC fans fight for justice for the 96. Today the verdicts of the inquests have vindicated that fight. I think it was about 4 years ago that I came on and an absolute Bellend calling himself No Fixed Abode was saying LFC fans should shoulder some of the blame. I tried to put him straight but I was informed that he was a Chelsea fan and realised that he probably couldn't admit he was wrong because the fans of Chelsea have long since wrongly pointed the finger. Since then, we have had The Hillsborough Independent Panel (a panel of highly educated individuals) spend the best part of 2 years studying over 400,000 documents such as witness statements from police officers, fans, stadium staff, locals to the stadium etc come back with their findings saying that fan behaviour played no part in the disaster. But NFA continued with his besmirching of LFC supporters. He knew better than the panel who had spent 2 years perusing those 400,00+ documents. Now today, we have the verdict of the inquests. A jury has been listening to all the evidence of these inquests and have concluded that fan behaviour played no part in the tragedy. Question 7 for the jurors at the inquest was - Was there any behaviour on the part of the football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles ? Verdict - N0. Part B to question 6 Was there any behaviour from the supporters that may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation Verdict - No.
I popped in here to see if, as expected, NFA was still trying to act as if he knew better than the H.I.P. and the jury who had been listening to evidence for the last 2 years. Of course he does.
I admit that when I first came on H.N.A.? No Fixed Abode used to make me angry, because as a survivor of The Leppings Lane Terrace on that day I knew he was talking shite. Now I just laugh at him. WHAT. A. PRICK.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 26 Apr 2016 22:59

AthleticoSpizz Yep, had he been in uniform, he might've been deployed elsewhere in the ground......or were you implying he wouldn't have been so humane?

Sadly, the word "Police" in this sad tale seems to be the generic word for all that was wrong that day........however like the medical services that were finally tasked to attend.....there were a lot of good guys who have been let down by their superiors

I can't remember if he was even South Yorks police or not. But no I don't believe he would've acted any differently. But by being off duty he was where he was and able to act without having to wait for orders.

Made a similiar comment to Mrs K about those police and ambulance men and women who did do their utmost to help are unfairly tarred with the actions of their superiors before, during after the tragedy.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Apr 2016 07:45

No mention of Hillsborough on the front of the Sun or Times this morning...

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Apr 2016 08:25

genome No mention of Hillsborough on the front of the Sun or Times this morning...

The silence from the Sun, and the lack of contrition in the statement last night by the current head of South Yorks police, leave a very bad taste in the mouth.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 27 Apr 2016 08:42

See also Bernard Ingham

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 27 Apr 2016 08:45

Sanguine
genome No mention of Hillsborough on the front of the Sun or Times this morning...

The silence from the Sun, and the lack of contrition in the statement last night by the current head of South Yorks police, leave a very bad taste in the mouth.

The Sun's political editor Trevor Kavanagh (he's been there for donkeys years) whining yesterday that it wasn't their fault and they (Kelvin MacKenzie and the Thatcher government) took what South Yorks police said in good faith. "They lied to us all" .

What a prick.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 27 Apr 2016 09:19

King of Sting I don't come on here very often. I won't come on again after this post. My hob nob experience began a few years back when I came on to say thanks for a show of support from Reading fans on LFC fans fight for justice for the 96. Today the verdicts of the inquests have vindicated that fight. I think it was about 4 years ago that I came on and an absolute Bellend calling himself No Fixed Abode was saying LFC fans should shoulder some of the blame. I tried to put him straight but I was informed that he was a Chelsea fan and realised that he probably couldn't admit he was wrong because the fans of Chelsea have long since wrongly pointed the finger. Since then, we have had The Hillsborough Independent Panel (a panel of highly educated individuals) spend the best part of 2 years studying over 400,000 documents such as witness statements from police officers, fans, stadium staff, locals to the stadium etc come back with their findings saying that fan behaviour played no part in the disaster. But NFA continued with his besmirching of LFC supporters. He knew better than the panel who had spent 2 years perusing those 400,00+ documents. Now today, we have the verdict of the inquests. A jury has been listening to all the evidence of these inquests and have concluded that fan behaviour played no part in the tragedy. Question 7 for the jurors at the inquest was - Was there any behaviour on the part of the football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles ? Verdict - N0. Part B to question 6 Was there any behaviour from the supporters that may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation Verdict - No.
I popped in here to see if, as expected, NFA was still trying to act as if he knew better than the H.I.P. and the jury who had been listening to evidence for the last 2 years. Of course he does.
I admit that when I first came on H.N.A.? No Fixed Abode used to make me angry, because as a survivor of The Leppings Lane Terrace on that day I knew he was talking shite. Now I just laugh at him. WHAT. A. PRICK.

What a pointless post.

We all know what Kes is.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 27 Apr 2016 09:29

Yep, taking everything else out of the story you'd have thought that a corrupt police force lying to the government would be slightly more front news worthy than it snowing in April and a pop star getting a shag.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Apr 2016 10:12

Vision
Sanguine

The Sun's political editor Trevor Kavanagh (he's been there for donkeys years) whining yesterday that it wasn't their fault and they (Kelvin MacKenzie and the Thatcher government) took what South Yorks police said in good faith. "They lied to us all" .

What a prick.

No mention of it on the front of the Mail today either.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Apr 2016 10:22

King of Sting I don't come on here very often. I won't come on again after this post. My hob nob experience began a few years back when I came on to say thanks for a show of support from Reading fans on LFC fans fight for justice for the 96. Today the verdicts of the inquests have vindicated that fight. I think it was about 4 years ago that I came on and an absolute Bellend calling himself No Fixed Abode was saying LFC fans should shoulder some of the blame. I tried to put him straight but I was informed that he was a Chelsea fan and realised that he probably couldn't admit he was wrong because the fans of Chelsea have long since wrongly pointed the finger. Since then, we have had The Hillsborough Independent Panel (a panel of highly educated individuals) spend the best part of 2 years studying over 400,000 documents such as witness statements from police officers, fans, stadium staff, locals to the stadium etc come back with their findings saying that fan behaviour played no part in the disaster. But NFA continued with his besmirching of LFC supporters. He knew better than the panel who had spent 2 years perusing those 400,00+ documents. Now today, we have the verdict of the inquests. A jury has been listening to all the evidence of these inquests and have concluded that fan behaviour played no part in the tragedy. Question 7 for the jurors at the inquest was - Was there any behaviour on the part of the football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles ? Verdict - N0. Part B to question 6 Was there any behaviour from the supporters that may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation Verdict - No.

Personally I think you've taken what I said way out of context. But that's no surprise. My take on it is (and I'm not the only one) - Yes, the police were largely at fault for the devastating scenes that day and it's disgusting regarding the cover up.

What I've said and been consistent about is people think football is a licence to act in a manner you wouldn't normally do in every day life. Liverpool fans have acted up prior this (as we saw with Heysel) and they've done it after Hillsborough to a lesser degree, so why should this game be any different?

But I'm very pleased the families have finally got justice.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Apr 2016 10:33

What I've said and been consistent about is people think football is a licence to act in a manner you wouldn't normally do in every day life.

Yes, you have been consistently wrong on this.

What is it, now that the inquest has recorded its verdict, that you fail to understand about the finding that there was no behaviour on the part of football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

Indeed, your opinion is perpetuating the myth created by South Yorkshire Police, that this was an unruly mob, when there is no evidence to suggest it was anything but a football crowd. A normal football crowd.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Apr 2016 10:38

Sanguine What I've said and been consistent about is people think football is a licence to act in a manner you wouldn't normally do in every day life.

Yes, you have been consistently wrong on this.

No I haven't. Have you not been on the tube in London when several London teams are home on the same day? Yes - you will get loads of boozed up blokes intimidating people -pushing and shoving to get on the tube train after the game irrespective of anyone else's safety.

You're pretty naive if you think this sort of stuff doesn't happen. Do you get chauffeured to games whilst wrapped in cotton wool or something?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Apr 2016 10:42

no behaviour on the part of football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles.

Don't for a second think this is winding me up, btw, Kesmond. Quite happy to call you out as a bit of a cnut on this all day.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Apr 2016 10:43

No Fixed Abode
Vision
Sanguine

What a prick.

No mention of it on the front of the Mail today either.

It's a slightly different message coming from The Sun though...

8685 posts