Fabrice Muamba

238 posts
RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fabrice Muamba

by RobRoyal » 17 Mar 2012 19:18

It's a bloody good job this happened during a game, I suppose. The medical reaction looked very swift and their presence gave him a chance.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Mar 2012 19:56

RobRoyal
Stooper
FiNeRaIn Its not going to be to identify him ffs, it would be that they need to be the first people to know if he has passed away. Lets all hope thats not the case though.

Not identify, I was just look for a succinct way to say what you did.

Yeah, would be a bit odd if it turned out to be someone else :?

It is a legal procedure though. A family member is always needed to identify a person. Strange as it might sound under these circumstances as he is high profile but the majority of persons are not. Out of respect to all involved, further press releases will be held with the blessing of the family.
It looks more likely the scenario above will sadly be taking place as an instant heart attack is usually not a recoverable situation. If defib and adrenaline shots did not get his heart going again pitch side, then the likelihood sadly diminishes with each minute passing.
Please do not interpret this as disrespectful - far from it.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Mar 2012 20:18

You are right

Not good, but then again not impossible

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 17 Mar 2012 20:21

Sounds like the medics have done a great job.

Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

Statement at 9:30 from the hospital so hopefully will be good news officially.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Mar 2012 20:24

Fingers crossed.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 17 Mar 2012 20:28

Utterly horrible news... :(

Hopefully the official word will be he will recover just fine. Usually "stable" is used in this context to say a person's life is not in threat at the present time. Let's hope the unofficial reports are correct.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 17 Mar 2012 20:29

Super_horns Sounds like the medics have done a great job.

Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

Statement at 9:30 from the hospital so hopefully will be good news officially.

as soon as i read that i thought "that doesn't sound good". i'm not sure why. maybe i was expecting a statement not being given a time and just sent out. i hope it's positive, i really do. i just have this horrible feeling as royalexile says, the family have been to visit and now the news can break. let's hope that is not the case.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 17 Mar 2012 20:35

"critically ill" in heart attack centre.

Basingstoke-Royal

by Basingstoke-Royal » 17 Mar 2012 20:41

Terrible news

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Mar 2012 20:43

Similar thing happened to my dad 7 years ago, ventricular fibrilation, and he stopped breathing for 20 minutes, so I know what his family are going through and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, it's a horrible situation to be in. My thoughts are with him and his family.

My dad survived.

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 17 Mar 2012 21:49

Agent Balti Both The Sun and Daily Mail have put up pictures of Muamba being treated. No respect whatsoever. Sick.

Same papers have also printed pictures of firemen cutting crash victims from vehicles too.

Absolutely sick that brave and talented people can't be shown saving a life, eniit?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 17 Mar 2012 22:05

Bumblebee
Agent Balti Both The Sun and Daily Mail have put up pictures of Muamba being treated. No respect whatsoever. Sick.

Same papers have also printed pictures of firemen cutting crash victims from vehicles too.

Absolutely sick that brave and talented people can't be shown saving a life, eniit?

this image? http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/arch ... 72967a.jpg

channel 4 have used it as well, as both the sun, mirror.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 17 Mar 2012 22:15

One of them was running a picture of him flat on the floor alongside the other images. Mercifully, it looks like they've taken it down now.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Mar 2012 22:16

Just seen the footage on youtube - you could see him struggling to breath whilst laying on his front :cry:

If you're easily offended - dont click the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEFyuOQDn9M

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 18 Mar 2012 00:57

Interesting piece relating the Muamba situation to Cech's injury at the Madejsi:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ical-rules

My recollection is that Mourinho gave some rather disgraceful lies about the Berkshire ambulances that day, but if the Chelsea complaint has helped to save Muamba then good came of it afterall.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 18 Mar 2012 02:59

Very sad whenever this happens, especially to a lad of 23. You would have thought with all the money in football, clubs would have the medical equipment to detect whether players are at risk.

Latest news is that it is not looking very good at all. Expect a sad announcement in the morning.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Mar 2012 08:29

SSN reported that a consultant heart surgeon was in the crowd and ran on the pitch to help with the immediate treatment of Muamba.

Obviously hoping the lad pulls through and if he does, fantastic efforts by the paramedics on the spot.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 18 Mar 2012 08:46

Big Ern You would have thought with all the money in football, clubs would have the medical equipment to detect whether players are at risk.

They do, players are checked routinely for heart problems. Sadly, this sort of thing can just happen.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 18 Mar 2012 13:08

update from the hospital: fabrice's heart had stopped for between an hour to an hour and a half before they got it going again. he remains anaesthetised for another 24 hours to give him every chance, but he remains in a critical condition.

tuesday's game away to villa has been postponed.

keep fighting!!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Mar 2012 13:22

Friday's Legacy update from the hospital: fabrice's heart had stopped for between an hour to an hour and a half before they got it going again. he remains anaesthetised for another 24 hours to give him every chance, but he remains in a critical condition.

tuesday's game away to villa has been postponed.

keep fighting!!

Are there any massive repercussions of a heart stopping beating ( other than the obvious) such as similarities to lack of oxygen to the brain? They've got it beating again and he's breathing, where is the area they are concerned with now? no doubt stability to work unaided, but just trying to see what else could be happening.

Read the story of his life last night in the mail I think, guy moved to the UK so escape the civil war, worked hard at school and to get a trial as a kid to play football. Plays for England and after being raised here, loves the country and is a good guy by all accounts.

Muamba spoke of his pride in playing for England before the tournament.
"This is my adopted country," he told an interviewer.
"People have helped me, welcomed me with open arms and given me this opportunity. I'm earning a more than decent living and leading a comfortable life. I'm very appreciative of that.
"When I hear the anthem, I just think about how far I have come. English people have helped me and I feel part of it."

Makes me proud that we can give people a chance in this country to turn out like muamba and be so respectful.

Really hope he pulls through. Firstly for his own health and the happiness of his family, secondly so he can see just how what has happened to him has brought nearly the entire football world together in unity...even the unexpected people.

238 posts