The Gylfi thread.

2243 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: SPECULATION - Gylfi on sale for £6m

by melonhead » 28 May 2012 11:18

the £35k being mooted for wages at Swansea won't be far off the figures we're already offering our better players and potential targets.

i reckon thats about 10K a week more than what were offering......

10 x 52 = 520KPW extra
over half a million quid.

id pay the extra to be fair, but then its not my money

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 May 2012 11:23

loyalroyal4life at least we will get some money out of this which is good!

Fantastic. I look forward to hearing about the latest League Two nobody we'll sign.

Caskeys Lovechild Agreeing a fee does NOT mean signed player. Just that if the deal was to go ahead, the money has been sorted. Still got medicals, personal terms, and the desire to actually join the club to overcome - at least one of which could, if based on the fact that Swansea is full of oxfr*rdtards, all be fairly major obstacles.....

He's said he'd love to join Swansea permanently

Imagine when the TSI deal goes through next week. There will be a big oxf*rd press photo-shoot of all the new Directors and Anton. Then Anton walks down the tunnel, hand in hand with Gylfi. Johnny Fordham steals himself away from HNA? for 5 minutes to press his mic into Anton's face. "Here is present I give Reading fan. Many apologise for delay in takeover. I have busy wife to attend to how you say?" followed by the great HNA crash of 2012 and Johnny Fordham losing his job. Gylfi goes on to score 8 goals against Chelsea on the final day to avoid relegation. Anton then rubs his balls all over Abramovich's face. Cue mass hysteria as the 50,000 seater Zingeski stadium breaks out in Bill Oddie chants.
Last edited by blueroyals on 28 May 2012 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 May 2012 11:24

winchester_royal
Hoop Blah I'd be amazed if McDermott didn't think bringing Sigurdsson back would improve his squad or improve our chances of winning games and staying up and so I can't believe we've not registered an interest somewhere along the way (that might just be sounding out our contacts to see if he'd be open to coming back).

If we haven't, then I'd question our ambition to sign the best players we can attract and afford.

On the affordability aspect, I see no reason why we can't match Swansea's offers for both fee or wages. We're in a very healthy state financially and the £35k being mooted for wages at Swansea won't be far off the figures we're already offering our better players and potential targets.

I'm sure we have registered an interest, but when Hoffenheim said >6m, McDermott will have known that he has a number of other areas in the squad that he needs to improve, and hence can't justify spending so much of his budget on one player.

Ambition is about looking to improve the club/squad as a whole and moving up the league, not about bringing in big name players.

Agreed on the last bit, but I don't agree that a >£6m fee would be enough to put us off when put into context of the Premier League revenue and the other players we've been linked with.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 May 2012 11:32

Just wondering here, but what do you think our overall budget for the summer is? I'd be surprised if its >10m.

If we had a really solid squad with lots of depth then I have no doubt we'd be willing to part with 6/7m to bring Gylfi back. As we wouldn't need to spend much money on other areas of the squad. Sadly I don't think that's the case at the moment, and as a result we need to spread our resources across 5 or 6 players to give us the best chance of staying up.

I'm not arguing with those that are disappointed that we're not trying to bring him back, he's a fantastic player, however I do argue with those that try to claim that not bringing him back is a sign of lack of ambition on RFC's part.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 28 May 2012 11:44

winchester_royal Just wondering here, but what do you think our overall budget for the summer is? I'd be surprised if its >10m.

If we had a really solid squad with lots of depth then I have no doubt we'd be willing to part with 6/7m to bring Gylfi back. As we wouldn't need to spend much money on other areas of the squad. Sadly I don't think that's the case at the moment, and as a result we need to spread our resources across 5 or 6 players to give us the best chance of staying up.

I'm not arguing with those that are disappointed that we're not trying to bring him back, he's a fantastic player, however I do argue with those that try to claim that not bringing him back is a sign of lack of ambition on RFC's part.

Broadly agree with that W_R but it depends on everyone's definition of "ambition". My current definition of ambition is not to get relegated. Other, I suspect, have loftier thoughts.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 28 May 2012 12:00

blueroyals Imagine when the TSI deal goes through next week. There will be a big oxf*rd press photo-shoot of all the new Directors and Anton. Then Anton walks down the tunnel, hand in hand with Gylfi. Johnny Fordham steals himself away from HNA? for 5 minutes to press his mic into Anton's face. "Here is present I give Reading fan. Many apologise for delay in takeover. I have busy wife to attend to how you say?" followed by the great HNA crash of 2012 and Johnny Fordham losing his job. Gylfi goes on to score 8 goals against Chelsea on the final day to avoid relegation. Anton then rubs his balls all over Abramovich's face. Cue mass hysteria as the 50,000 seater Zingeski stadium breaks out in Bill Oddie chants.

fap

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 28 May 2012 12:05

blueroyals Imagine when the TSI deal goes through next week. There will be a big oxf*rd press photo-shoot of all the new Directors and Anton. Then Anton walks down the tunnel, hand in hand with Gylfi. Johnny Fordham steals himself away from HNA? for 5 minutes to press his mic into Anton's face. "Here is present I give Reading fan. Many apologise for delay in takeover. I have busy wife to attend to how you say?" followed by the great HNA crash of 2012 and Johnny Fordham losing his job. Gylfi goes on to score 8 goals against Chelsea on the final day to avoid relegation. Anton then rubs his balls all over Abramovich's face. Cue mass hysteria as the 50,000 seater Zingeski stadium breaks out in Bill Oddie chants.

If you're one of the many spaculators on the TSI thread that think June 1st will see the announcement, you're very wrong. It's all but done, but it wont be announced for a couple more weeks.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 28 May 2012 12:20

Swansea City can today confirm a transfer fee and personal terms have been agreed for Hoffenheim midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson.

A club record offer of £6.8million has been accepted by the German club, and the 22-year-old is expected in Swansea later this week to undergo a medical before the move is confirmed.

The club are delighted to have agreed terms with both player and club following Sigurdsson's hugely successful loan spell last season.

He scored seven goals in 18 league appearances and was also named the Premier League Player of the Month for March - the first Swans player to win the award - as the Swans finished the campaign in 11th position.

FlUCKERS

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 28 May 2012 12:26

The actualcunts.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 May 2012 12:27

Under £7m for him is an absolute steal.

I love how transparent Swansea are. They've announced a bid has been accepted a week before it will go through, wish Reading FC were like this.
Last edited by blueroyals on 28 May 2012 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 28 May 2012 12:28

About as surprising as a Kes post on general football.

TheWearing

gylfi

by TheWearing » 28 May 2012 12:29

bigmike I have it on Good Authority that this will happen Tomorrow.. My source has also advised me that there is currently a deal being worked on for Gylfi Sigguardsson

SO why have Swansea agreed personal terms and have had a £6.8million bid accepted then?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 28 May 2012 12:29

There's still time for a Tommy Smith style turnaround. Can we form a human barrier on the m4 to stop him getting there?

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by blueroyals » 28 May 2012 12:34

TheWearing
bigmike I have it on Good Authority that this will happen Tomorrow.. My source has also advised me that there is currently a deal being worked on for Gylfi Sigguardsson

SO why have Swansea agreed personal terms and have had a £6.8million bid accepted then?

Maybe they'll let us have him on weekends :?:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 May 2012 12:35

TheWearing

Have they agreed personal terms??? The have agreed a fee of about £7.2m .

There is a deal being worked on for him

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 May 2012 12:38

bigmike
TheWearing

Have they agreed personal terms??? The have agreed a fee of about £7.2m .

There is a deal being worked on for him

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/ ... 65,00.html

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 28 May 2012 12:39

Well bigmike you've really nailed your colours to the mast there then. Hope for your sake this turns out to be correct....

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 May 2012 12:39

ok and how did they do that without there being a deal on the table for him ?? :lol:

Also just because terms have been agreed doesnt mean that theres not a deal being worked on him from another team.

Tommy Smith agreed terms but he ended up at portsmouth

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 May 2012 12:45

bigmike ok and how did they do that without there being a deal on the table for him ?? :lol:

Also just because terms have been agreed doesnt mean that theres not a deal being worked on him from another team.

Tommy Smith agreed terms but he ended up at portsmouth

Let it go m8, he's not coming home.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 28 May 2012 12:45

Michael (can I call you that?), where does your information come from?

2243 posts